RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The amiibo Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: The amiibo Thread  (Read 37812 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 08:31:53 PM »

I used to work at wal-mart. They usually do midnight releases and hold the items in the back where layaway is/was and let the line start outside. In the case of the Wii, around 10 p.m. the store was calm enough to let us all in to wait in the store and stay warm for the remaining couple hours. My store even let people arrange orders and stack them up behind the counter, then checked us all out quickly at midnight with our orders ready to ring up.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 09:08:14 PM »

Not camping but I work there so I've asked several electronics employees to hold one back for me.  They did so with a Toon Link when he came out so I'm hoping to grab gold mario like this too.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »

Nice guys sounds pretty good. I only have one 24hr walmart near me. About 20 mins away. I tried going for the new 3ds system but their truck didn't come I guess. Maybe I'll have better luck with the golden amiibo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 12:36:38 AM »

Best buy has been confirmed as receiving many wave 2 rares in belated shipments from the west-coast dock strikes. They pulled these amiibos from their sites back in January, but if you give the best buy customer service rep the SKU, they can look them up in one of three different systems and tell you if any stores around you are getting any. I had great luck in getting a helpful manager my first trip to the store at opening this morning, but had to push the second rep to look them up in a secondary system for me later today when I went back. They can see if they are both in stock and in transit, so even if they are on a truck on the way, you can find that out. One store local to me is getting Little Mac, but no Pit or Captain Falcons unless I drive 3.5 hours to Casper, WY. They do not do store-to-store shipping either.

Little Mac: 9705105

Pit: 9700119

Captain Falcon: 9701109

Good luck to everyone in search of these!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2015, 01:17:45 AM »

Marth is supposed to be getting a reprint.
Has that been mentioned yet?

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »

Best buy has been confirmed as receiving many wave 2 rares in belated shipments from the west-coast dock strikes. They pulled these amiibos from their sites back in January, but if you give the best buy customer service rep the SKU, they can look them up in one of three different systems and tell you if any stores around you are getting any. I had great luck in getting a helpful manager my first trip to the store at opening this morning, but had to push the second rep to look them up in a secondary system for me later today when I went back. They can see if they are both in stock and in transit, so even if they are on a truck on the way, you can find that out. One store local to me is getting Little Mac, but no Pit or Captain Falcons unless I drive 3.5 hours to Casper, WY. They do not do store-to-store shipping either.

Little Mac: 9705105

Pit: 9700119

Captain Falcon: 9701109

Good luck to everyone in search of these!

PM Sent

Marth is supposed to be getting a reprint.
Has that been mentioned yet?

Yeah he is supposed to be reprinted because of the new Code STEAM game.  I am hoping to pick him up when they come out.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2015, 04:12:53 PM »

Anyone notice Mario Party 10 is releasing with a Mario amiibo? Is it the same as the release version?

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »

I would think it would be the same Amiibo that you could buy for the Mario Party series of Amiibos. Well thats nice that they include one with the game

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

Ahh, I wasn't aware there was a Mario Party series of amiibos.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2015, 07:30:53 PM »

yeah they have different bottoms so you don't confuse them with the smash series

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2015, 08:03:53 PM »

TOAD!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2015, 08:58:04 PM »

What's the deal with the MP Amiibos then? Do they only work with MP, and the Smash Amiibos only work with Smash? I thought they were meant to be cross-compatible.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2015, 09:22:23 PM »

What's the deal with the MP Amiibos then? Do they only work with MP, and the Smash Amiibos only work with Smash? I thought they were meant to be cross-compatible.
Characters that are in smash have both their amiibos work with Smash.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2015, 11:56:46 PM »

I follow these guys on twitter. Some of the customs end up looking pretty damn good.
Apparently worth the effort too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C...ity-Auction-/151612653240

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

Characters that are in smash have both their amiibos work with Smash.

But you can only have one save data from either Smash or MP10 on them. So, for Rosalina, Donkey Kong, and Wario, you would either need to delete your Smash information so it can be used in MP10 and vice-versa.

...At least, that is, until Wario, Rosalina, and Donkey Kong get released in wave 2 of the Super Mario Amiibo line.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length