RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:23:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | The amiibo Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: The amiibo Thread  (Read 38067 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2015, 01:49:58 PM »

Stopped by my local Walmart. They FINALLY have some Wave 1 in stock, and a lonely Sonic. I haven't seen figures on the shelves since the original launch week.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »

Stopped by my local Walmart. They FINALLY have some Wave 1 in stock, and a lonely Sonic. I haven't seen figures on the shelves since the original launch week.

The Walmart in my town is horrible as well.  You have to go to target, toys r us, best buy, or gamestop.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »

Got my Gold Mario in the mail today. Not sure if I need to open him or not though. Does anyone know if the Gold Mario is different in game from the regular mario?

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »

Got my Gold Mario in the mail today. Not sure if I need to open him or not though.

NO YOU SHALL NOT OPEN HIM !!!!!    Tongue
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2015, 11:12:34 PM »

Got my Gold Mario in the mail today. Not sure if I need to open him or not though. Does anyone know if the Gold Mario is different in game from the regular mario?

Stop being a little pussy and just do it already.

On another note: my, my my, how the tables have turned. I know some of you laughed at me for my obsession with trying to collect all the Skylanders figures. But it's not so funny now that you have that same addiction, is it? Who's laughing now, huh? HUH?! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, GODDAMMIT?! YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!!! IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU!!!

*SOB* *WEEP*

*AHEM* S-Sorry 'bout that... spending the last few hours in my thirties, here. It's a bit stressful to say the least.

I'm, um, gonna go now. You, uh... good luck everybody with completing your collections.

- Byee
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »

Stop being a little pussy and just do it already.

On another note: my, my my, how the tables have turned. I know some of you laughed at me for my obsession with trying to collect all the Skylanders figures. But it's not so funny now that you have that same addiction, is it? Who's laughing now, huh? HUH?! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, GODDAMMIT?! YOU HEARTLESS BASTARDS!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!!! IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU!!!

*SOB* *WEEP*

*AHEM* S-Sorry 'bout that... spending the last few hours in my thirties, here. It's a bit stressful to say the least.

I'm, um, gonna go now. You, uh... good luck everybody with completing your collections.

- Byee

The 'Norch always has the last laugh.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »

Would it work through the package? Or won't it be close enough?
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »

Would it work through the package? Or won't it be close enough?
They have little magnetic strips to deter people from returning them after use still in package.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2015, 01:28:55 AM »

From what I can tell, the Gold Mario is cosmetic only and does not need to be opened and played with, since there doesn't seem to be a Gold Mario in game board for Mario Party 10 and no indication online of any difference in how a regular guy and a gold one work. I think this guy will stay boxed up for display.

I don't remember seeing too many against you, Zag. I certainly wasn't, but then again, I stand in the center of both sides about every argument, so I am a bit blinded to the way people think sometimes. Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2015, 11:12:10 AM »

To correlate, the original Skylanders chase figures had the same chips as the originals as well. It was only later that they added support for the chase figures, and provided separate chips. I suspect Amiibos will do the same.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2015, 12:33:55 AM »

Wave 4 announced and pushed back to May 29, aligning them with the splatoon release. Also releasing on that date, the Splatoon Amiibo.

[img width=700 height=568]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91dQTV2xRJL._SL1500_.jpg[/img]

You can get the kids seperately, but the squid is exclusive to the three pack.

Pre-orders start tomorrow at 2 Central time at Gamestop, but have not been announced elsewhere yet. Ness is also a GS Exclusive.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »

Jigglypuff was up and gone in minutes. Friggin Target. I'm pissed.
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2015, 07:39:39 PM »

Read horror stories about GameStop all afternoon, then swung by one after work and preordered Ness in less than 5 minutes. Guess I picked the right store?

I will now retire from Amiibo collecting, unless they release anything else from the Earthbound universe.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2015, 08:23:49 PM »

My wife waited in line for two hours and was behind three people. They opened the orders at 1, she wasn't out of there until 2:15, but she was able to get me all six of the originally announced SSB amiibo and the splatoon 3 pack. I didn't even know jigglypuff came on, I thought I was on top of things, but I was wrong. Looks like I am going to have to make a trade for a jiggly if I can get a second rarity. Hopefully I can get to TRU in time to reserve a Greninja when they open tomorrow.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2015, 10:59:53 AM »

This is ridiculous.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length