RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:23:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | "Collect of Shame" - Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: "Collect of Shame" - Thread  (Read 5966 times)
Confiusion
N-Gage

Stats
« on: February 24, 2015, 08:23:36 PM »

Hey all
Is there anything you collect that's sort of a guilty pleasure no one else is doing? For example collecting the worst ps2 games?
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »

I would say the handhelds that many consider to be terrible like the Tiger Game Com, Nokia N-Gage, Gizmondo, Tapwave Zodiac, etc.   Part of collecting is the fun of holding your little piece of history and I like handhelds.

Oh, and hockey titles.  I know sports games tend to be a thorn for many.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:09:18 PM »

Ha! This will be a fun thread if we can get people to participate. I actually collect the original, purple V-Tech game for my kids. They enjoy playing them and learning, and I enjoy grabbing them a flea markets and yard sales when I find them cheap enough.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:15:40 PM »

I have several Tiger handhelds.  Probably my most shameful collection are all the Japanese games I will likely never get around to playing.

it's thinking
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 11:25:19 PM »

Sonic games... all of them.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 12:06:24 AM »

Pokemon games... all of them.  Grin
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 12:19:41 AM »

I wouldn't exactly say that anything I collect is shameful, but what is shameful is that I have collected so many games and played so few of them.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:35 AM »

I wouldn't exactly say that anything I collect is shameful, but what is shameful is that I have collected so many games and played so few of them.

Hear, hear.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 01:41:47 AM »

Ha! This will be a fun thread if we can get people to participate. I actually collect the original, purple V-Tech game for my kids. They enjoy playing them and learning, and I enjoy grabbing them a flea markets and yard sales when I find them cheap enough.

Well, you should have added them to the "Keep An Eye Out" thread.  I've come across quite a few titles you might want to complete your set.  So many LeapPads and VTech games in the thrift stores.  Careful, I might get you started on Leapster and Didj.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 06:07:47 AM »

Probably my pile of standalone handhelds that aren't even game&watch or tiger. In a pile because you can't really stick them on a shelf properly. I need a chest or something... That and the shovelware/sports games that I only play once to riff on when I'm inebriated.
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 01:42:19 AM »

Hey all
Is there anything you collect that's sort of a guilty pleasure no one else is doing? For example collecting the worst ps2 games?

Nothing I'd call a "guilty pleasure," but I've never encountered anyone else who's gunning for a full Pico collection.  2/3 of the way there now...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 02:11:40 AM »

Think a few people here have complete sets?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 08:26:41 AM »

I would eventually like to collect the CD-I stuff...but that needs to wait until the NES is finished.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 02:53:28 PM »

Hey all

Nothing I'd call a "guilty pleasure," but I've never encountered anyone else who's gunning for a full Pico collection.  2/3 of the way there now...

I was going for Pico, Game.com, R-Zone

When i had a large collection i'd say the bulk of my focus could be considered "shame" at the very least i went out of my way to try and grab more out of the norm stuff.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 11:12:32 AM »

This would be my shame as well.  And I don't consider my collection to be that huge, but some games I've owned for 10+ years and haven't put more than an hour into them, I always feel a bit bad about that.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length