RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:15:57 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Midwest Gaming Classic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Midwest Gaming Classic  (Read 3371 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: February 26, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »

The Midwest Gaming Classic is April 11 and April 12 at the Brookfield Sheraton in Brookfield, WI this year.  I'm going to be there on Sunday with the kids and my brothers.  Who is going?  I've only missed 2 years of this thing.  Pretty nice, the layout is the only thing that sucks with where it is at.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:24:52 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:47:43 AM »

Bump

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »

A few weeks before the MGC, anyone else going?

SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 05:57:20 PM »

Guess it's just us.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:10:38 PM »

540 miles away, can't pull it off this year.  Bummer. Sad

Keelah se'lai
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:06:22 PM »

Apparently it is just us.  Last year I think about 5 guys went.

SMS set complete!
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:05:22 PM »

I'm hoping to go. Haven't bought tickets yet and almost forgot it was next weekend. Need to double check I have no conflicts. It's just a little over an hour away from me. Would be my first year.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 02:08:23 PM »

Another one!  Where in WI are you?

SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 05:09:05 PM »

Frank Westphal, creator of Armed for Battle, will be at the convention. He'll be selling copies of Armed for Battle, as well as Nomolos. Make sure to say hello to him, and check out Armed for Battle in the NintendoAge room. He's been kind enough to include us on his homebrews here, so the least we can do is have someone stop by. Wink

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »

I'm sure I'll be hanging out in the NA room a bit, so I'll be sure to say hello.

Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »

I'm just north of Madison.
SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:38:06 AM »

I'm going on Saturday. I wish it was later in the year because it's always follows the time I file my business taxes. X-P

~SirConnery
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 05:56:37 AM »

I'm going on Saturday. I wish it was later in the year because it's always follows the time I file my business taxes. X-P

I can only go on Sunday.  I wish they would go back to doing it in March because April is packed with Birthdays.  5 different birthday parties in April every year.  What kind of business?

SMS set complete!
SirConnery
Donor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »

Computer Support. It's great because I can stop by garage sales between business clients and find more video games. It sucks because I'm not the best at advertising. Word of mouth works the best for me. Still its growing and keeps me going so it's a plus. I've been doing my freshman year of college back in 1998. Speaking of which, I just redid my website. Still need to work on SEO and get some more updates done. www.ltswi.com

I was thinking of going on Sunday, but I noticed they close earlier so I went with Saturday tickets again. I'm not liking the outdoor tent for vendors, I liked it much better inside. The venue is fine, but if it was me I would have worked with local real estate partners and rented out a vacant building. There's plenty around the area, some even near the hotel. John Malan's Funworld in Brookfield has been shut down for years. I expect all the games and ferris wheel have been since removed and sold. It's probably totally empty. It was fairly big, a little over 25,000 square feet. I don't know the square footage of the show this year though.

~SirConnery
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 12:03:54 PM »

Computer Support. It's great because I can stop by garage sales between business clients and find more video games. It sucks because I'm not the best at advertising. Word of mouth works the best for me. Still its growing and keeps me going so it's a plus. I've been doing my freshman year of college back in 1998. Speaking of which, I just redid my website. Still need to work on SEO and get some more updates done. www.ltswi.com

I was thinking of going on Sunday, but I noticed they close earlier so I went with Saturday tickets again. I'm not liking the outdoor tent for vendors, I liked it much better inside. The venue is fine, but if it was me I would have worked with local real estate partners and rented out a vacant building. There's plenty around the area, some even near the hotel. John Malan's Funworld in Brookfield has been shut down for years. I expect all the games and ferris wheel have been since removed and sold. It's probably totally empty. It was fairly big, a little over 25,000 square feet. I don't know the square footage of the show this year though.

Yea, they need a different venue.  I don't like the tent for vendors selling items.  It was too small when they had it at the Sheraton before they moved it to Oconomowoc.  It's definitely too small for it now.  Fun World would be a great location if it was big enough!  I forgot about that place.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length