RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:31:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Too Many Games! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Too Many Games!  (Read 4662 times)
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »

I'll totally be there all day Saturday.

As far as "tips"

1) Bring Cash
2) Bring Cash
3) Bring food - the snack bar sucks and the convention center is in the immediate vicinity of nothing...
4) Bring Cash
5) Try to know what you are looking for, and what it really costs. Some of the vendors are quite nice and willing to haggle / bundle. Some are not. Use discretion in any transaction and thoroughly inspect product.
6) Have fun! Talk to vendors, guests, etc.

Things of note this year:
- From what I have been told, The arcade area (which has typically been serviceable but small) should be expanding greatly. All the games are on freeplay, so no worries there.
- Board games are supposed to be a much larger focus of this year's con, so expect there to finally be a decent showing of tabletop stuff.
- Saturday Night Wrestling should be a blast....got a sneak at the roster, and we are in for a fun time!
- Indie games: Some of the best things I have picked up from TMG has been from the indie expo area...make it a point to stop and try everything / talk to everyone.
- Bill is going. Bring something to throw at him. He probably prefers money. Copies of Silent Service will provide more enjoyment for you.
- http://toomanygames.com/things-to-do/schedule/     <---- Try and read BEFORE you get there
- DJ Cutman - He is usually up at the front of the con, and is playing his music over the PA system. He makes awesome video game remixes and stuff, and is an all around great guy...deff check him out.
- + 2 Comedy: Good friends of mine. They will be doing Standup, improv, Cutthroat Gaming, and all sorts of stuff..totes check them out.

I think that covers the bulk of it...

Also, as a side note, are we doing some sort of RFGen meetup this year? If not, should we?

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:10 AM »

Very cool!

Is Larry Hryb going to be signing with you?

Are you implying that I am a Microsoft fanboy or that we both have amazing radio voices?  Either way, I doubt the Major will be there.

He had a non speaking and/or walk on role in the movie according to wikipedia.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 08:30:04 AM »

Sorry I can't make it this year guys. Saving for retro world and Portland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 11:02:40 PM »

I will be there tomorrow! Bringing my son and my brother in law, they're both excited.

Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 08:48:11 PM »

Just got back and Holy Cow was it super rad and amazing!!! I will be going back again! I wish I had checked the forums right before. I missed out on meeting a lot of you from what I've read.
I brought a ton of cash and made a list of must gets. Came back with some nice scores that I just haven't been able to find locally.

Thanks for all the great advice!

No matter where you go, there you are.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 10:35:54 PM »

Nice man. Yeah I went last year and year before. I'll prob go next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length