RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:16:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Paper Mario - Retro Playthrough - April 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Paper Mario - Retro Playthrough - April 2015  (Read 16562 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:32:34 AM »

Paper Mario is a simple and lighthearted RPG for the Nintendo 64.  It is the first game in the Paper Mario series, and it is also a spiritual sequel to Super Mario RPG for the SNES, with many story elements and gameplay mechanics carrying over to this game.  

Platforms
N64
Virtual Console

Checkpoints
Week 1 – Complete Chapter 2
Week 2 – Complete Chapter 4
Week 3 – Complete Chapter 6
Week 4 – Finish the game

Achievements
1. Score 100 First Strikes against enemies
2. Collect all 160 Star Pieces
3. Collect all 80 Badges
4. Deliver all Letters
5. Complete all 20 errands for Koopa Koot
6. Earn the Diploma at the Dojo
7. Take Merlee’s Special Course
8. Correctly answer all 64 Chuck Quizmo questions
9. Transform into 8-bit Mario in the Ghost House
10. Upgrade all of your companions to "Ultra"
11. Score 10 Power Bounces on a single enemy
12. Create all 50 of Tayce T.'s Recipes
13. Locate Luigi's secret diary
14. Defeat optional boss, Kent. C. Koopa
15. Complete the Club 64 side quest and help Pop Diva sing again
16. Defeat optional boss, The Anti Guy Unit

Note:  Progress of many of these achievements can be tracked on a sign in Mario’s house.

Participants
Disposed Hero (1, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16)
douglie007
EngineerMike
MetalFRO
Shadow Kisuragi
singlebanana (4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15)
theGrue
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:38:40 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:32 AM »

I'm in! Obviously.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 09:50:29 AM »

I'll see if I can't get in on this. I think I have a copy, but if not I'll try to track one down.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:19:02 AM »

Somehow, I've never come across this one for less than $50, so barring an unexpected turn of events, I will not be participating.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 11:24:34 AM »

Somehow, I've never come across this one for less than $50, so barring an unexpected turn of events, I will not be participating.

Yeah, trending at $30-$35 on eBay. You must be experiencing some "local convenience" gouging. I'll keep an eye out if you are interested in a copy. Just let me know what you are willing to pay via PM.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 02:38:41 PM »

I would get it on virtual console. I'll jump on there and see what it cost. Never played any of the paper Mario games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 03:52:48 PM »

Found my copy.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 03:55:51 PM »

I would get it on virtual console. I'll jump on there and see what it cost. Never played any of the paper Mario games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played it one afternoon a few weeks ago to check it out and I have really enjoyed it so far. If you like Super Mario RPG, then you'll enjoy this one.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »

Found my copy.

Sweet! Glad you're joining in.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »

Paper Mario is the "spiritual" successor to SMRPG. I played through Paper Mario: TTYD (GameCube) and loved it, though it did border a bit on sexual innuendos with a particular character.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »

Paper Mario is the "spiritual" successor to SMRPG. I played through Paper Mario: TTYD (GameCube) and loved it, though it did border a bit on sexual innuendos with a particular character.

I just started TTYD recently, I probably won't be going through it anywhere near as quick as a month, but i'll be playing along with you guys in spirit. it's supposed to be very similar to the first game. I already finished the first one last year, otherwise I would have joined in on this one.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:24 PM »

I just started TTYD recently, I probably won't be going through it anywhere near as quick as a month, but i'll be playing along with you guys in spirit. it's supposed to be very similar to the first game. I already finished the first one last year, otherwise I would have joined in on this one.

I played TTYD at least 10 years ago and thought it was great.  I don't remember much at all about the game though, so I won't be able to provide any insight on any similarities or differences.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 09:13:19 PM »

I have always wanted to play this game, but I have not seen this one at a price I can afford. I can't wait for when its my month, I hope you have fun with what I got planned.

You all have fun with this one, it looks like a great game.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »

I played 3/4 of the way through last year. Will sign up and try and get at least one or both of the games done next month.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 12:01:24 AM »

You know, I loved TTYD but I've never played this one! I think childhood me was mad that they threw out the art style and new characters from SMRPG. Also, we were at peak Dreamcast at the time. Now, I've got plenty of time to decide whether to go original hardware or Virtual Console...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length