RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Tomb Raider (2013) - Modern Playthrough - April 2015  (Read 24463 times)
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2015, 12:47:30 AM »

yeah, saturday morning nearly 5 free hours to raid to through the next levels of Tomb Raider, before i have to raid furniture stores with my better half ...uuugh Smiley
I often had no choice, in which weapon to use, because i am wasting a lot of ammunition because i am so bad at aiming. But really preferring the bow and the rifle.

Welcome on board NEO - yeah the Playtrough is really the best way to better behave on finishing a good game Smiley

Do you guys know that feeling of getting sucked to much into a games action and shooting parts because of using very good headphones all-around sound? I am sometimes rather use the sound of the normal TV coming only from the front because with the in-game-feeling of the headphones i get overanxious in the fighting and with the hectic (but very very good music)  i seem to play and act more chaotic than i want play. maybe i should wear a heart-frequency-checker Smiley
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »

Welcome on board NEO - yeah the Playtrough is really the best way to better behave on finishing a good game Smiley

Thanks a lot ericeskapade, It's an honor to share the experience with you. Hope this is the start to many more down the line. It's nice to meet you, and I hope your enjoying the game as much as I am.

Do you guys know that feeling of getting sucked to much into a games action and shooting parts because of using very good headphones all-around sound? I am sometimes rather use the sound of the normal TV coming only from the front because with the in-game-feeling of the headphones i get overanxious in the fighting and with the hectic (but very very good music)  i seem to play and act more chaotic than i want play. maybe i should wear a heart-frequency-checker Smiley

I know exactly what you mean. Good sound can make a great game even better. And you really appreciate the developers that implement it nicely into a game. Just one more piece of the puzzle to immerse yourself into another world. And I really like the Tomb Raider sound/sound effects. They really did a good job with the gun sounds in particular. The gun shots sound really nice in this game in a quiet room with my headphones cranked to full blast....POW!!!! lol

There is no Spoon - Neo
Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2015, 11:54:15 PM »

Well....It's 12:51 in the morning(eastern time) April 22, 2015...(deep breath of satisfaction) I BEAT THE GAME! lol... OHHH This was an amazing experience. I really enjoyed this game from start to finish. Just the adventure I've been looking for. Really enjoyed sharing the game with you guys. Can't wait till the playcast. I thought the ending was awesome. I won't say too much, don't wont to spoil it for anyone. But...whew...I loved the last 15-30 minutes of that game, and I CAN'T WAIT till' Rise of The Tomb Raider comes out! I don't beat games all too often so actually completing one feels great! lol...I think signing up for this playthrough is what pushed me to complete it. So I hope to join many more in the future. Thanks for including me guys. I had a ball.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:56:34 PM by Neo » Logged

There is no Spoon - Neo
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2015, 02:08:45 AM »

Hit the week 3 checkpoint yesterday, am currently at
Spoiler (hover to show)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2015, 07:04:43 AM »

Congrats Neo. Glad to hear that this was the motivation you needed to finish the game.

Hit the week 3 checkpoint yesterday, am currently at
Spoiler (hover to show)

You're almost there. What do you think of the game so far?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2015, 08:34:28 AM »

Just beat the game at 77%, so I'll be spending Week 4 relic hunting and doing the 2 tombs I missed.

For the most part I enjoyed it- the exploration and relic hunting were my favourite parts, the level design was mostly good, especially when an environment changed itself.  The visual cues were good, so there weren't many times I couldn't figure out where to go next.  I did find that there were way too many sections that were just straight up shooting galleries, and it did detract from the experience.  That aside, the character journey of Lara was satisfying, and I am glad I played it.

Also, Lara is a pyromaniac.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2015, 11:15:30 AM »

That's a very fair critique. Happy to hear that you had fun with this one.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2015, 12:53:55 PM »

Yesterday finished the game, too.
Got all the documents and upgrades- but i had to do a little bit of extra hunting to "afford" all the weapon-upgrades.

I liked the up-leveling system of the game very much, how Lara evolved from a defenseless woman to a deadly killer.

Also the many different areas ( for example the shipwrecked yards or windy mountain stages) are a big plus of the game.
Finding the first documents/gps without the "super-vision" was fun, and finding the not so obvious ones with it, too.
the faiding in and out sound-effect of the super-vision was really cool. as you mentioned on one of the last playtroughpodcast the new batman games use a similar feature, i am looking forward playing them also.
Tomb Raider could have be less shooter from my opinion, but i want to try out the lara croft trilogy 3 game collection on ps3 , hoping to find more climbing and puzzle parts.

thanks for playing this one together. what did you like best or for the worse? see you next month Smiley
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 12:48:41 AM »

Month end, and I am on 98%.  I missed out on quite a few challenge items but I don't feel compelled to keep playing for challenges when I have done everything else.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length