RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:18:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | debating buying this for 240. is it worth it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: debating buying this for 240. is it worth it?  (Read 4800 times)
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:10 AM »

I am debating buying this for 240.  It's basically in instant 360 collection.  I don't own a 360 or any 360 games. Thus lot seems to have alot of "heavy hitters". So this intrigues me.  I dont really nlknow much about 360 values. Your thoughts.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:42 AM »

Are you able to test the consoles? If they work, not a bad deal in my opinion, especially if that 360 is a Jasper. Check behind that faceplate and make sure the warranty seal isn't broken.

They are all dirt common games but a lot of good ones and the sheer number of them makes it worthwhile. You have about ten million hours of gameplay there.

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:51:27 AM »

Yeah he said I could test it out to see that it's working. 
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:21:49 AM »

From a game play standpoint that isn't a bad deal.
There doesn't seem to be a huge variety of genres though.

If your not into shooters it is an easy pass.

If the 360 has the dlcs and the license for all those games though your looking at several hundred dollars if not more in additional free content.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »

I'd be more interested to see what's actually downloaded on the 360 than the games there. With that being said, don't pay for the downloads - the guy could just transfer the licenses after the sale to a new box, and you'd be out of luck.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 05:52:26 PM »

I'd still jump on it. I'd agree the amount of games plus having both the original Xbox and a 360 would be a nice addition to the collection. At most pawn shops you'd be looking at around $175 for the consoles alone, more or less.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:52:25 PM »

With that being said, don't pay for the downloads - the guy could just transfer the licenses after the sale to a new box, and you'd be out of luck.

This. If you're happy with the deal with what you see, go for it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »

Buy it become an achievement whore and ruin your gaming life like Izret and and I have done.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 04:40:45 AM »

Buy it become an achievement whore and ruin your gaming life like Izret and and I have done.

ROFL.

@Cverz2: Did you end up getting this lot?

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »

I actually ended up passing on this lot. When it was all said and done, there were just too many shooters and not enough variety.  Also, the main reason I have never owned a 360 was b/c I was scared someone would sell me a system that they did the old "wrap it with a towel" trick and it would work for a couple days and then die out.  I actually know several people that this has happened to. 

But I have a great deal in the works w/ one of our AWESOME members here at RFGen.  I know I can trust him and I'll get a quality product and I'm getting a little more variety in the game play with a few games for my kids and a Kinect.  I'll be sure to post it on the scores thread.

Thanks again everyone for the advice and helping me to make my decision.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length