RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | The End of My Gaming Days (Arthritis Sucks!) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The End of My Gaming Days (Arthritis Sucks!)  (Read 7371 times)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with arthritis.  My grandmother suffered from severe Rheumatoid arthritis for 35+ years before she finally died.  Have you tried any compounds for your hands?  The local pharmacy where I'm at makes a compound that my other grandmother uses to help her with her arthritis, and it helps with mobility, pain, stiffness, and the overall effects of arthritis.  It's not a cure or a fix-all, but it has helped her continue to stay at home on her own, even at 98.  I could possibly get some more info for you, if you'd be interested in it.  You'll be in my prayers as well.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 05:16:51 AM »

Just a quick update. I regained use of my joints a bit. Doctors have me taking a zillion pills a day but they seem to be working. I can play games and type again (for a few hours at a time). What I can't do is walk very far or open bottles/jars. Still get the random aches and pains. Doing good though.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 07:56:37 AM »

Progress!  I'm glad to hear to see some improvement in your life, Antimind.  Just out of curiosity, what games are you playing?  Action-y or more RPG-y?

Keep us updated!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »

Very happy to know of a little improvement.  Hope it continues to get at least a little better.

As the designated bottle/jar opener of the house, I assure you, some days for the best of us its not easy, which is why a good set of vice grips are a kitchen necessity.  Sure wish I could get a gripe on my vices...

Keelah se'lai
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 07:09:19 AM »

I play a little bit of everything. Lately I've only played a bit of D3 on 360.

slackur - HA!

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »

What medication did you get?
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 08:55:45 PM »

What medication did you get?

Hey man! Great to see you're still around. Hope all is well with you! Smiley

I'm on a lot of medications:
Hydroxychloroquine
Sulfasalazine
Methotrexate
Prednisone
Folic Acid
Vitamin D
Calcium

I'll be on all but the Prednisone for a very long time. Eventually they'll switch me to Biologics, which are very expensive. Either way I'll be taking a lot of pills for the rest of my life.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 10:05:54 PM »

Hmm...
Prednisone
Folic Acid
Vitamin D
Calcium

Now you're starting to sound like my wife. So, you're basically being treated for RA, anti-inflammatory and adrenal issues, as well as just general auto-immune.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:07:32 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 06:40:27 AM »

Sorry to hear Antimind, but you don't have to stop playing.

Have you heard of a gamer named BrolyLegs? If not, look him up. He has a disability (not sure exactly what), but he's wheelchair bound and has little to no use of his arms and hands. But that doesn't stop him from playing Street Fighter.

He plays HIGH-LEVEL Street Fighter with his face. He is one of the best Chun-Li players in the US. I haven't seen video of him playing, but he's quite famous. I know he uses his tongue a lot.

If he can play a game that requires extreme dexterity like Ultra Street Fighter IV with his tongue and face, then anyone on this message board should be able to beat Battletoads without using their hands.

He is (or should be) an inspiration to handicapped people around the world. Don't let arthritis stop you!
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »

I'm still kinda around. Depends on my level of boredom.

Anyways, I used to be on Sulfasalazine, but after it stopped working (after being ill for 1 day) I got methotroxate instead. First pills, then injections. For me it works great(even with a slightly lower dose), but you seem to be in a lot more trouble then I am. I'm also on Etoricoxib as a daily pain killer, but it's not available in the USA yet.

Also, just play turn based games! Civilization iv is still the second best game ever!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length