RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 31 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 31  (Read 37233 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »

While listening to the rest of the show, another big one of mine came to mind: PersonaQ on the 3DS.

At $85 it is the most expensive game I've ever bought. I put over eighty hours into it. Thinking there were only four dungeons, I suffered through that brutal fourth dungeon only to be greeted by...wait for it....the fifth dungeon. Similar to Bil's "Insert Disc 3" experience, as soon as I realized that, I was like:

Turned the game off. Watched the ending on youtube. Will never play again.

Ironically, that PersonaQ limited edition was absolutely the only thing that got smooshed in the move. Serves me right.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 05:12:50 PM »

I've never played any of the recent Persona games, but I can understand how there can be too much of a good thing.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 05:17:31 PM »

I've never played any of the recent Persona games, but I can understand how there can be too much of a good thing.

I'd still take a Mega Man game every year if they pumped them out that fast.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2015, 07:45:26 AM »

I experienced something similar with Dark Souls 2. I was playing a Mage (Glass Cannon build) and made it over half way through the game and just lost interest. I might try the Xbox One version sometime down the road...

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2015, 10:04:57 AM »

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - I remember playing this as a kid, but don't remember much about it.  I got pretty far into it but never finished it.  Always heard great things about this game.

Ugh, this hurts my heart!  I absolutely LOVE the Lunar games, and poured over the original.  Played it all the way through a couple times on the PlayStation, and then again a couple years ago via the PSP remake.  I have a copy of the Sega CD original, though I haven't taken the time to play through it yet.  But seriously, you need to go back to this one.  Just a great game, and this is coming from a non-RPG guy.

Also, I don't remember which host said it, but how can anyone think Xenoblade Chronicles isn't a good looking game?  I realize the Wii isn't a graphical powerhouse, and compared to the PS3 or Xbox 360 it's pretty underwhelming, but I thought XB was a gorgeous game!  Yes, the facial textures were goofy, and some of the other textures are a bit dodgy in spots, but the world of Xenoblade is rich and beautiful otherwise.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - I remember playing this as a kid, but don't remember much about it.  I got pretty far into it but never finished it.  Always heard great things about this game.

Ugh, this hurts my heart!  I absolutely LOVE the Lunar games, and poured over the original.  Played it all the way through a couple times on the PlayStation, and then again a couple years ago via the PSP remake.  I have a copy of the Sega CD original, though I haven't taken the time to play through it yet.  But seriously, you need to go back to this one.  Just a great game, and this is coming from a non-RPG guy.

Also, I don't remember which host said it, but how can anyone think Xenoblade Chronicles isn't a good looking game?  I realize the Wii isn't a graphical powerhouse, and compared to the PS3 or Xbox 360 it's pretty underwhelming, but I thought XB was a gorgeous game!  Yes, the facial textures were goofy, and some of the other textures are a bit dodgy in spots, but the world of Xenoblade is rich and beautiful otherwise.

+1 Karma for this man here!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2015, 06:02:35 PM »

I experienced something similar with Dark Souls 2. I was playing a Mage (Glass Cannon build) and made it over half way through the game and just lost interest. I might try the Xbox One version sometime down the road...

Loving it right now. I'm almost done with NG with a Faith build. If you pick it up, let me know. I'm going to start up another character after this.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2015, 06:22:45 PM »

Haha, I'll keep it on my radar and maybe fire it up when I'm in the mood for a classic RPG.  Like I said, I got pretty far into it when I was a kid, but for some reason I wasn't enjoying it as much as a lot of other RPGs from that era.  However, I had a similar experience when Suikoden, and when I replayed that one more recently during the community playthrough, I ended up loving it, so we'll see.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 10:56:47 PM »

Finally  listening to the latest CollectorCast. Sorry about not getting to it sooner, gentlemen; I've been busy. And I'll likely be busy for a while.

ANYway: Far be it for me to harshly judge Bil's Crabby impersonation, but... it's a bit too upbeat. Ya gotta slow it down a bit bud, and try to sound a little more sedated.

And in case you care, the first game I recall playing was Pac-Man at the local arcade, located at a mall two blocks from my house. My first console game was Pitfall on the Atari 2600 owned by my neighbors across the street.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

Pac-Man is a very early memory of mine as well. I also remember seeing "How to Beat Pac-Man" books at Kmart around the same time. The memories...

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 07:57:21 AM »

@Duke.Togo: Thanks for the offer. I just started my first play through of Phantasy Star 2 so it may be a while.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »

@Duke.Togo: Thanks for the offer. I just started my first play through of Phantasy Star 2 so it may be a while.

Phantasy Star. I love that series.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »

PS2 is great, if a bit grindy. Enjoy the twists!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2015, 05:51:54 PM »

Hey Bil, you know what? next time you meet up with Duke, ya gotta take him out to "Do the Dew." If it's available, have him try out the Voltage flavor. BTW a few 7-11s in my area carry 20 ouncers of the Baja Blast flavor, which previously had been a Taco Bell exclusive, so ya might wanna hunt that one down as well.

Yep, nothin' better than a little Dukey Dew-doing...
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2015, 06:02:59 PM »

Dukey Dew-Doing?  Say that three times fast!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length