RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:38:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Revolution Details from Nintendo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Revolution Details from Nintendo  (Read 8692 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 05:16:04 AM »

While I am kind of shocked by this announcement in terms of the appearance of the controller, I don't believe I'll be willing to count my chickens until all aspects of the system have been shown. We can comment on and on about how gimmicky the controller appears to be, but for all we know the developers could be gung ho behind this design, and there could be a lot of novel games to come out. On the other hand, developers could be so turned off by this controller that the Revolution is dead right out of the water. I think that once games begin to be revealed for the system, and people are seen playing the games that perhaps we will have a better appreciation or disappreciation for the system.

One question comes to mind though, and that is how the hell do you play SNES or N64 games? I'm sure in the coming months that question will be answered, but for the time being we are left in the dark.

For those too lazy to visit a major gaming portal, below is a photo.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:12:12 AM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 06:12:39 AM »

I refuse to believe that this is going to be the controller for the Revolution.  I absolutley refuse.  I don't care what proof you throw into my face.  Miyamoto himself could knock on my door and give me a demonstration of the controller and I wouldn't believe it.  In fact I'm going to stop believing in this topic.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 07:13:01 AM »

wow anyone thank CD-I when they see that controller

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 07:29:59 AM »

Think of the average Madded PS2 player.  He's not going to want to play football with a microphone and waving his hands around.  I highly doubt EA will be interested in that either..

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651304p1.html
"Game control is essential - it's the area where perhaps the most game-play improvement can be made," said John Schappert, Sr. Vice President and General Manager of Electronic Arts Canada. "While our portfolio represents a full array of titles across all genres, I think our sports titles might be the first to immediately take advantage of what this novel 'freehand' type of control has to offer."

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2005, 07:49:22 AM »

my thing about this controller if it is a backwards compatible how in gods green earth do you play the N64 games?

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2005, 07:49:58 AM »

The system being backwards compatible not the controller ... you know what I mean

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2005, 07:54:01 AM »

my thing about this controller if it is a backwards compatible how in gods green earth do you play the N64 games?

The controller itself has a port which allows you to plug perepherials into.  The article made it seem like it comes with an analog joystick.

For NES games, I guess you just turn the controller 90 degrees and it's basically a NES control pad. girl

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2005, 08:01:27 AM »

Wow ! That controller...... Well I think I just vomited a little in my mouth. yuck

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2005, 09:23:15 AM »

Is this a joke? This can't be serious.
yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2005, 09:36:57 AM »

I like it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2005, 10:14:50 AM »

Is this a joke? This can't be serious.

I hope they where looking for a response. To see what epoepl would think if it was like that.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2005, 10:54:42 AM »

As for that port on the bottom that means your going to have to buy a convertor for each of the controllers(SNES, N64, GCN) that you will want to play.
AND you are going to have to pay for the dloads of the cart based games.
Hopefully all the games will be like a dime or less  to dload.
yea thats wishful thinking...

Also this caught me eye
Nintendo breaks with more than 20 years of video game history by abandoning the traditional controller held with two hands and introducing an all-new freehand-style unit held with one hand.

Yea definately Nintendo you are the revoluitionary champs of the world. There was never a 1 handed controller ever before in the history of gaming.

yap
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »

As for that port on the bottom that means your going to have to buy a convertor for each of the controllers(SNES, N64, GCN) that you will want to play.
AND you are going to have to pay for the dloads of the cart based games.
Hopefully all the games will be like a dime or less  to dload.
yea thats wishful thinking...

Also this caught me eye
Yea definately Nintendo you are the revoluitionary champs of the world. There was never a 1 handed controller ever before in the history of gaming.

Um, no.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000843045537/
Nintendo Revolution's classic Nintendo games will be free
Posted Jun 3, 2005, 2:48 PM ET by Ben Zackheim
Related entries: Culture, Nintendo Revolution, Online, Retro

Wow. Good move. When we spoke with Nintendo about the price of their classic “emulated” games on the Revolution, they were coy and left the pricing up to our imaginations. I assumed they'd follow the GBA model — 10-12 bucks for a classic would be fair. But George Harrison of Nintendo just sprung a surprise. Classic Nintendo titles will be free.

Also, it's just speculation to say that you can't plug in your old joysticks without paying for an adaptor.  It's just as likely there will be either another solution or free adaptors.

Not to start an argument or anything!   ninja
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:03:01 AM by yap » Logged

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2005, 11:07:59 AM »

That controller is so weird looking...I have no idea what to say...it's so...bizarre...I don't know if it will be good or not, but regardless...what were you thinking, Nintendo...?

- Zac
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2005, 11:26:02 AM »

Also, it's just speculation to say that you can't plug in your old joysticks without paying for an adaptor.  It's just as likely there will be either another solution or free adaptors.

Not to start an argument or anything!   ninja

Actually thanks for giving me the heads up on the free dloading Smiley
That is the much cooler |D

In anycase in order to plug in one of the old controllers you would have to buy a converter of some sort because the lpug on the bottmo looks like a plug similair to my moms cellphone charger.

Unless the adapter(s) are sold with the system.
Or i am still not getting somerhing....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length