RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 10:53:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015  (Read 34812 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »

Add a spoiler on the first post with the preferred boss run through. Smiley

Good idea!  I might have to let Rich handle that one.  I'm kind of a noob when it comes to Mega Man.  embarrassed

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 08:48:30 PM »

Add a spoiler on the first post with the preferred boss run through. Smiley

This varies per player, but I will post my preferred route as a spoiler tomorrow.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

Of course it changes from player to player but there is a route in every MM game where the "correct" progression involves getting the weapon from the boss for its use on the next boss that is weak against that weapon.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 09:11:03 PM »

Not exactly so in MM2, there can be slight variations. Not every weapon has it's best counterpart. Some are best used more than once.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 09:49:32 PM »

Not exactly so in MM2, there can be slight variations. Not every weapon has it's best counterpart. Some are best used more than once.

You do have me there about MM2.  If I recall correctly, the Metal Blade is used multiple times.

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 06:26:07 AM »

You do have me there about MM2.  If I recall correctly, the Metal Blade is used multiple times.

Yep, the Metal Blade is used a few times.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 01:26:37 PM »

So I said I would post my Mega Man 2 route today, so here goes:

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:37:43 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »

I'm in man. Be honest though...I'll probably have to play these on an emulator. But I'm in.

There is no Spoon - Neo
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:29 PM »

Here's the official/unofficial speedrun route for the category "Zip Glitches" which is basically the main category everyone does nowadays.  The WR is 27:49 according to Speed Demos Archive.

Here's the run if anyone is interested.

Spoiler (hover to show)

I'm terrible at speedrunning this game but I'm trying my best to take advantage of every trick.  It's not as easy as it looks....
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:20:09 PM by RetroRage » Logged

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 05:02:26 PM »

Here's the official/unofficial speedrun route for the category "Zip Glitches" which is basically the main category everyone does nowadays.  The WR is 27:49 according to Speed Demos Archive.

Spoiler (hover to show)

I'm terrible at speedrunning this game but I'm trying my best to take advantage of every trick.  It's not as easy as it looks....

Great idea.  My favorite thing about watching speed runs is trying to pick up little tips and tricks to use in my casual playing.

That said, I'm ecstatic that I can play Mega Man games with any facility at all.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

I recall, Flashman first, Quickman last.

SMS set complete!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 07:55:20 PM »

I didn't have much time to play today, but I did hop on long enough to beat Bubble Man.  Only Heat Man stands between me and Wily's Castle.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 08:29:23 PM »

Beat Mega Man 2 in a little over 2 hours with lots of screwing around and speedrun strat practice.  I want to finish in less than an hour by the end of the week.

btw I'm playing on my NES.  There is no other way.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »

I'm hoping my Blinking Light Win comes in pretty soon (it should). This will be a great way to break it in.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 05:46:49 AM »

I'm hoping my Blinking Light Win comes in pretty soon (it should). This will be a great way to break it in.

Blinking Light Win?

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length