RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:43:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Mega Man 2 & 3 - Retro Playthrough - June 2015  (Read 35252 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »

No, it was a very limited edition pressing and the first vinyl this guy did. Since then he has done a Castlevania and LoZ vinyl. I missed out on Castlevania and contacted him in a PM on NA the other day and he still had some left. Unsure about status of Zelda.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »

I think you're missing the iconic song from ALL of Mega Man, Jerry:

One of my favorite versions from Jam Project:

Inspired from everyone's historic struggles on Air Man when the game came out:

This one's mainly slanted towards the first Mega Man, but I'm sure some people will feel like this:

...okay, I've had my fun with videos for now. I'm sure everyone realizes Mega Man had a ton of music/videos from Japan Tongue

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »

Separate post, just because of the hype for it:
http://kotaku.com/capcom-...acy-collection-1709804914

Mega Man 1-6 coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and later on 3DS.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2015, 11:13:07 AM »

@Shadow - I mentioned that song, but I didn't want to include it because everyone knows it and loves it. I was listing some of my favs from the lesser known tracks.

As for MM2, I beat it over the weekend (on Normal) with no e-tanks, no vehicles (items), and mega buster-only. Next step, Difficult difficulty and then I'll try the same challenge with MM3. I think MM3 will be the hardest game to do that with. Some of the bosses only take 1 damage from the mega buster.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 11:20:52 AM »

@Shadow - I mentioned that song, but I didn't want to include it because everyone knows it and loves it. I was listing some of my favs from the lesser known tracks.

As for MM2, I beat it over the weekend (on Normal) with no e-tanks, no vehicles (items), and mega buster-only. Next step, Difficult difficulty and then I'll try the same challenge with MM3. I think MM3 will be the hardest game to do that with. Some of the bosses only take 1 damage from the mega buster.

Impossible. How did you make it past the huge open space that has no blocks on the first Dr. Wiley stage without using the Item 1?  I assume you mean you beat the game without the unnecessary use of items, like not using Item 2 on Heatman's stage.  Still, that's awesome!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »

Awesome, I'll definitely check that out.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »

No, it was a very limited edition pressing and the first vinyl this guy did. Since then he has done a Castlevania and LoZ vinyl. I missed out on Castlevania and contacted him in a PM on NA the other day and he still had some left. Unsure about status of Zelda.

Poop.  Well, I guess I'll have to watch Discogs and see if I can ever score a copy for less than a mint Tongue

Not sure if I have a favorite MM2 track, but my fav MM3 track has always been Snake Man's theme:

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2015, 05:12:03 PM »

I was also lucky enough to score the Mega Man 2 vinyl, and have been able to get 2 of every release since then.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2015, 07:56:39 PM »

Ran through MM2 again.  Beat the 8 robot masters in 25:24, beat the game in 57:03.  I can knock off at least 10 minutes if I can just cut out dying alone.  Wilys castle still eats me up at spots.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »

Cool, but I was really hoping this would be a collection of 1-10.  I want a physical release for 9 & 10.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:31 PM »

Flashman and Bubbleman down!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2015, 09:21:51 AM »

I was also lucky enough to score the Mega Man 2 vinyl, and have been able to get 2 of every release since then.

Are you talking specifically about Moonshake releases?  They're all quite expensive at this point Sad

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2015, 09:51:47 AM »

Are you talking specifically about Moonshake releases?  They're all quite expensive at this point Sad

Not too bad. Except for MM2, which was very limited and no longer available. Got Castlevania for $30 shipped.  Of course, the poachers on eBay are selling them for close to $100.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2015, 11:10:53 AM »

Yep. Im on the mailer list. Probably going to pass on the Earthbound record when/if he does it.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2015, 12:00:35 PM »

How does one get on the list?  Is there a website I need to hit?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length