RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:07:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Retro Playthrough - August 2015  (Read 31705 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:51:52 AM »

[img width=436 height=600]http://orig05.deviantart.net/ab3b/f/2009/118/9/d/013___dream_master_by_malakym.jpg[/img]
**artwork by Malakym (from DeviantArt)

PARTICIPANTS:
Disposed Hero
Ikariniku
JerryGreenwood
russlyman
Schlibby
singlebanana

CHECKPOINTS
Week 1 - Complete the Mushroom Forest & Flower Garden
Week 2 - Complete House of Toys & Night Sea
Week 3 - Complete Nemo's House & Cloud Ruins
Week 4 - Complete Topsy-Turvy & Nightmare World
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:16:40 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 02:16:51 PM »

super pumped. Hope to finally beat this game

Now your playing with power!
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »

I've got this game to play so may join in
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:00:10 PM »

I've got this game to play so may join in

You definitely should Schlibby. We have a lot of fun playing and discussing these games as a group.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 08:25:38 PM »

I've been wanting to play some more NES after the Mega Man games.  Count me in!

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 08:52:36 AM »

Just picked it up. I don't think I've even seen footage of this game other than a few pictures from Nintendo Power back in the day. I'm excited to play a game I know very little about.

I know it's Capcom so it probably has good music, graphics, and controls.

Is this game similar to Kid Chameleon on Genesis?
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 03:47:59 PM »

Arg!  I keep forgetting to say "I'm in!"  I'm in!  These playthroughs are great for taking second looks at games I may have dismissed too quickly.  Sadly, Nemo is one of these games.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 04:21:09 PM »

Just picked it up. I don't think I've even seen footage of this game other than a few pictures from Nintendo Power back in the day. I'm excited to play a game I know very little about.

I know it's Capcom so it probably has good music, graphics, and controls.

Is this game similar to Kid Chameleon on Genesis?

The music is pretty good and the controls are fair compared to the majority of other Capcom games IMO. Platforming, especially jumping, can be a bit tedious. What makes the game special is the "puzzle" aspect and the mounts. I somewhat loosely akin the game to Wizards & Warriors only in regards that you platform through the levels to find keys in order to exit. Otherwise, there are no further similarities between the games.

I've never played Kid Chameleon (though I own it), so someone else will have to comment on this. 

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »

The whole costumes giving you special powers aspect is very similar to kid chameleon.

It's a bit creepy on Nemo that you seem to literally wear some of the animals skins (others you just ride on the back of).
pierrot
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 08:41:43 PM »

I guess I don't even post (bro) but I happened to notice this on the front page, and felt like saying that I played through Nemo a couple years ago, and it's likely my favorite NES game. (I didn't grow up owning an NES.) The music is one of my favorite aspects, but it's pretty amazing to me how much atmosphere there is pouring out of the relatively lowly NES architecture. Above all else, Nemo is really fun, though. Also, challenging.

Kind of tangential, but playing through the NES game inspired me to read through the old comic strip, and watch the animated film the game was based on. Surprisingly, I found that the intro sequence to Napple Tale on the Dreamcast is almost a shot for shot recreation of one of the opening scenes in the animated film. (*SPOILERS* just in case) Many of the characters in Napple Tale proper are pulled from people or objects in that opening sequence, much like the supporting cast in the Nemo animated film. (/*SPOILER*)

I wish everyone the best of luck on the train, and in the final stage.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 11:09:10 PM »

Damn, I can't find my copy.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 09:24:08 AM »

I guess I don't even post (bro) but I happened to notice this on the front page, and felt like saying that I played through Nemo a couple years ago, and it's likely my favorite NES game. (I didn't grow up owning an NES.) The music is one of my favorite aspects, but it's pretty amazing to me how much atmosphere there is pouring out of the relatively lowly NES architecture. Above all else, Nemo is really fun, though. Also, challenging.

Kind of tangential, but playing through the NES game inspired me to read through the old comic strip, and watch the animated film the game was based on. Surprisingly, I found that the intro sequence to Napple Tale on the Dreamcast is almost a shot for shot recreation of one of the opening scenes in the animated film. (*SPOILERS* just in case) Many of the characters in Napple Tale proper are pulled from people or objects in that opening sequence, much like the supporting cast in the Nemo animated film. (/*SPOILER*)

I wish everyone the best of luck on the train, and in the final stage.

Thanks for the info pierrot!  If you get the notion, join us this month in playing the game, or follow the thread and share your thoughts. Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »

The "animal skins" are pyjamas.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 10:02:37 AM »

I have a copy if anybody needs it.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:53:33 PM »

The "animal skins" are pyjamas.

So the pajamas eat candy, fall asleep, and then you crawl into them?  I don't know which is creepier...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length