RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:04:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | NES Earthbound, Is This a Thing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NES Earthbound, Is This a Thing?  (Read 913 times)
Adillis
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »

So, my NES knowledge is lacking quite a bit as I mostly focus on SNES and N64, but while searching ebay for the going rates of Earthbound for the SNES I see a listing pop up that is claiming to be a US released NES cart of Earthbound (Not Mother).  I didn't think the US got anything in that series until the the SNES.  Can someone help enlighten me a bit?  All the searching I've done on google just shows a bunch of fan made translations and repro carts, so I'm thinking that's what this is and not an official release.  Link below of the auction in question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E...55382?hash=item20ff1d2c16

Thanks
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »

That is a well-known reproduction cart. The only known version of Earthbound for NES was a review copy prototype that was never put into production. It's often referred to as Earthbound Zero.

An English localization began immediately, with firm plans for a September 1991 release. An 80-page instruction manual/player's guide was produced. The game's odd soundtrack, orchestrated and performed by Suzuki and a band of unknown British singers, was prepped for release. Things… worked out a little differently.

http://starmen.net/mother1/

Adillis
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 06:57:00 PM »

Thank you, from what I was reading I was thinking that was going to be the case.  Just wanted to verify what I thought I knew
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »

Yep, I have one, but with a different label. If you're looking to purchase one, there are several other places to find them off of ePay where you can get them much cheaper. Just Google it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length