RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:50:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Need help with rejection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need help with rejection  (Read 1583 times)
Pran
N-Gage

Stats
« on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:42 PM »

Hello,
I just put in Raven Squad for the 360, it was rejected saying its already in the system, and was pointed to Raven Squad Operation Hidden Danger.

These seem to be two different games, as the titles are different and the UPC is different as well.

any help would be appreciated
thanks
Pran
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »

Doing some more research with user nupoile, it seems that Operation Hidden Danger is the UK version of the game, and the North American version does not have a subtitle. 
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »

Doing some more research with user nupoile, it seems that Operation Hidden Danger is the UK version of the game, and the North American version does not have a subtitle. 

i looked it up too and i think you're right, Operation Hidden Dagger (not danger) subtitle seems to be the UK release, so the US release should be changed here to just "Raven Squad" and a regional variant should be submitted for the subtitled one.

instead of submitting a new entry for yours you could just submit a title edit to the existing entry. not sure about the different UPC though, when i google the one that RFG has listed it does come up with the north american release of the game.
Pran
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »

Digging up my other version of the game that i have, i can now confirm that i have both the North american and canadian release, and neither have a subtitle on the cover.  Also, looking at the developers website, there is no mention of the subtitle
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »

Digging up my other version of the game that i have, i can now confirm that i have both the North american and canadian release, and neither have a subtitle on the cover.  Also, looking at the developers website, there is no mention of the subtitle

the subtitle is mentioned on their list of games, but not on the actual game page itself. looks like they're located in the UK so the subtitle was probably the original release but everywhere else was just Raven Squad

http://www.evolvedgames.com/evolvedgames.htm
i'm assuming your 2 copies have different UPCs between them? and i would take a guess that your american one would match the UPC already entered in the database here, is that right? if so the Canadian release you have could be submitted as another regional variant.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »

North American:

Canadian:

UK:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:07:58 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 08:50:27 PM »

what about this though?

https://en.wikipedia.org/...:_Operation_Hidden_Dagger
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »

Because of achievements(there is only one list for Raven Squad Grin ) i can promise it is the same game but either a regional variant, or some other rerelease. Assuming Wiki is using actual box art and not a pre-release mock up.

Since Pran mentioned the full title i would assume there is a cover variant for some reason.

Either way it would be a variant and not a new entry.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 10:53:29 PM »

I can't find a cover of that either within the UK or Germany for actual images, and that particular image looks like placeholder. Almost all of the pre-release placeholder images have Operation Hidden Dagger in their box art.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:55:06 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length