RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:14:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Konami is way worse than we thought... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Konami is way worse than we thought...  (Read 4433 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: August 03, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

http://togetter.com/li/855984

If Konami does not do much to change the way they treat their own employees they will find themselves with a sudden lack of workers. I wonder what will happen then? If Konami tried some of these 'management' tactics anywhere outside Japan they would have been sued to death by now. Who knows what other companies are using similar policies.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »

Konami is my favorite 3rd party developer / publisher...  If what was said in that article was true, on top of them pulling out of the console market to focus on the soon to be oversaturated mobile gaming market trend, then I don't know if I can say that anymore. Konami seems to be getting run into the ground Atari style. Supposedly the company is mistreating the people that made it what it is, and deliberately pushing them to do janitorial duties. I find that hard to believe, but if it's true...   why? These people should be well over qualified to handle the much simpler mobile gaming development. It doesn't make much sense.

...I would say that the higher ups in charge of making the company decisions should be pulled into a dark alley Italian mob style, and beaten severely.

kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »

used to be my favorite dev/publisher too until they dropped suikoden and started mistreating castlevania & silent hill. Metal Gear really was all they still had going for them so right now i'm just happy for every week that passes until september 1. wouldn't have put it beyond them to cancel it just to spite kojima but it should be too late for that now.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:08:18 AM »

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »

Maybe the Castlevania sex pachinko machine will singlehandedly save Konami.

http://www.gamezone.com/n...pachinko-machines-3422416

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:17:39 PM »

Yeah, they're fucking lost. What are they thinking? They are about to tarnish my favorite franchise by using the name to sell a slutty pachinko jack-off machine?  ...why?

You might as well put a glory hole toward the bottom that has a built in pulsing asshole, so at the end of the game, you could fuck Dracula in the ass.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »

Yeah, they're fucking lost. What are they thinking? They are about to tarnish my favorite franchise by using the name to sell a slutty pachinko jack-off machine?  ...why?

You might as well put a glory hole toward the bottom that has a built in pulsing asshole, so at the end of the game, you could fuck Dracula in the ass.

WOW and where do I pre-order? Smiley

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »

Nothing about Konami in recent years surprises me anymore, they are pretty much a sinking ship with their current management. They were dead to me after killing off Suikoden, Castlevania, Contra, and a whole slew of other franchises. Even without those, I still loved their Bemani franchises and bought nearly all their console versions of Beatmania, Dance Dance Revolution, Pop'n Music, and Keyboardmania. Now the Bemani line is arcade-only and Japan-only, and I'm not sure how well those games are doing over there or just how much longer Konami wants to hang on to the Bemani name. Those games can't be that cheap to produce. With no Bemani outside of Japan, I have less than zero interest in Konami, and I won't buy MGSV at all unless Konami practically gives it away for free.

The way they handled the Kojima and Igarashi situation in their final years was pretty abominable as well. Those guys deserved better, and I hope they land on their feet elsewhere.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 06:39:30 PM »

My co-workers and I lament the Bemani situation...
Sound Voltex
beatmania
Dance Dance Revolution
pop'n music
jubeat
DrumMania
GuitarFreaks

COME ON KONAMI! THE LAST ONE RELEASED IN THE US WAS Dance Dance Revolution X2, 5 YEARS AGO, AND IT BARELY SOLD BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T MARKET IT!
I've been heavily thinking of making my own Sound Voltex controller, just to play.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »

Now they're purging MGS V fan art off of the internet. Its like they want to die.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 12:15:22 AM »

Yeah. Konami is dead.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 07:44:08 AM »

The only AAA game that Konami reportedly has in development is PES, they seem to have zero interest in any other games.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 01:21:02 PM »

The only AAA game that Konami reportedly has in development is PES, they seem to have zero interest in any other games.

This is only because they have licensing agreements that have to be honored for PES.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 03:24:02 PM »

Is there a good chance Konami will go bankrupt and have to sell the properties to companies that will actually use the franchises? We're talking about multiple beloved franchises here. It seems like that's our only chance right now Sad
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »

There's a chance, but they'd have to screw up with their current market plan for 2 years would be my guess, or go big and flop like THQ. THQ just went down so quickly because of all the licensing deals they had, which Konami isn't part of (just PES).

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length