RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:25:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310995 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #510 on: September 03, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »

Found some stuff.....

This is pretty awesome. I got Project Cars this summer and needed a wheel. If you don't know, the good ones which I would want, cost $300-500 or more. Certainly there are cheaper ones but I'm sort of 'all-or-nothing' on that sort of thing. So I've been looking for a nice used one. Force feedback and USB are key here.....and guess what I found today? For $7?

It's old but should work out pretty good, if I can find space for it......

The Wife found Mickeys Typing Adventure on an Amazon deal, for the 5 year old that is at our house much of the time. The others were at a thrift store, I'm a little skeptical if the PC ones will work since there aren't keys with any of them  Undecided    but I like the games so it's worth the chance.

I've been interested in Nintendo controllers recently. Bought this on a whim from Amazon for $9, this morning I realized I don't emulate games and had to go looking for an emulator, found one and a freeware homebrew game to use it on. Honestly I just got it to take it apart and look inside. So to compliment my recent blog entry http://www.rfgeneration.c...endo-Controllers-3114.php    soon there will be another which shows the inside of this as well as a similar NES USB controller I am waiting on. I'll review them too. It was only $9, new, so keep that in mind.....

You can see some of the 'quality' here:

Picked up a sweet square lcd monitor at the thrift store......

.....because I'm going to set up an old Dell PC in the garage. Notice the monitor stand though, it's pretty good. I might actually use it rather than hang the screen from the wall. The stand isn't made for that particular PC case but everything is Dell, so that's neat...I guess.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #511 on: September 03, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »

Nice finds, nupoile. Never tried Project Cars but I do like driving simulators, so I should probably check it out.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #512 on: September 03, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

@ Fokakis  Thanks! Project Cars is great. It's a 'hard core sim' for sure.

I totally bumped MetalFRO back a page right after he posted, oops. He has some good stuff if you go back and look  Smiley
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #513 on: September 04, 2015, 07:36:12 AM »

@MetalFRO: Nice TV and pickups! The Flatout series is great!

@nupoile: Nice monitor! Check the caps on that PC. The GX270 models were notorious for bad caps.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #514 on: September 04, 2015, 10:11:53 AM »

nupoile, that's the same monitor and PC that my company used for years...

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #515 on: September 04, 2015, 11:01:00 AM »

@nupoile: Nice monitor! Check the caps on that PC. The GX270 models were notorious for bad caps.

Geez, I remember ordering GX260 and 270 desktops years ago for my last job.  I wasn't there log enough to experience that issue, but by that time, as long as the system was under warranty, it was a call to Dell and a mobo replacement.  Interesting to note, though, thank's for the tip.  If I happen across a 270 in the wild, I'll have to remember that.  I think I still have a 260 in my basement somewhere...

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #516 on: September 04, 2015, 11:17:20 AM »

That Dell I have is a GX50. We have 3 of them in a stack in my garage. They used to belong to an afterschool program my wife worked for, they got sent home with her so she could fix them but the program just decided to buy new PC's to replace those and some others. I think the only issue is a dead cmos battery Tongue    They've just been on a shelf in my garage for years. Lately I've been thinking it'd be nice to be able to look things up or maybe stream audio while tinkering out there so I thought I'd try and get one running. Seemed to work out pretty well to find that Dell monitor and stand to go with it.

I didn't notice any puffy caps or anything when I had it open yesterday but I'll look closer. It is a GX50 rather than a GX270 so maybe they didn't have the problem as much? The project is sort of stalled out because I don't have an extra VGA cable, had to order one from Amazon, should be here Wednesday.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #517 on: September 04, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »

@nupoile: The issue was mainly with the GX270 models so you should be fine. Good luck with your project!

Other info:

http://www.cnet.com/news/...ng-capacitors-haunt-dell/

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 12:28:48 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #518 on: September 04, 2015, 01:20:23 PM »

Hell yeah.

Sorry wife, weekend's all booked up.

Bonus that I didn't realize it was $50 as opposed to $60 and also shout outs to that class-action lawsuit money for putting a dent in it. Dear god I can't wait to play this.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #519 on: September 04, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »

So were the SX280's

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #520 on: September 04, 2015, 05:16:11 PM »

Pick ups this week.

Got some hard to find Intellivision games for 3.00 each (BTW, I need to make some money for a game convention coming up, so I am putting these up for sale on my thread)

Slowly trying to collect all the Mega Man games over the years managed to pick these up for 8.00 total

And, last but not least I got a Reproduction CIB Meteorites for Atari 5200.  Got it for 50.00, not sure if I paid too much or not. While this is not an original cart, it  might be the only way I will ever own the game due to its rarity.

* WP_20150904_001.jpg (236.23 KB, 1279x959 - viewed 351 times.)

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »

Got a few cool items in the store over the last week that I took home for myself. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #522 on: September 05, 2015, 08:24:38 AM »

Picked up a couple things.  First up is this that I bought off of Zagnorch which makes my copy complete!  I don't know why I had a box and manual and no cartridge laugh

The next items were on clearance at Target:

These are from the new game store that opened in my area.  $4 for Home Alone 2, $14 for Ren & Stimpy:

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #523 on: September 05, 2015, 08:27:19 AM »

Got a few cool items in the store over the last week that I took home for myself. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Demo?  What's the demo?  It's cool either way.

SMS set complete!
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #524 on: September 05, 2015, 08:29:13 AM »

Wow crabby those are awesome!! Tron Boone is number 2 want on my overall list. And that demo cart that is so sweet!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length