RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310874 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #540 on: September 06, 2015, 09:31:05 PM »

Hey, I got some more stuff!

I got some more cheap cast offs from Amazon.  I'm not real proud of these, but I'll buy pretty much anything for $1.

These are things I got from various big box stores.  Dragon's Age was $9 and Mario Party was $25 both from Best Buy.  Skylanders was $5 from Five Below.

I got this stuff from Gamestop and Disc Replay.  The NES games were free after I traded in some extra DVDs I had lying around.  The strategy guides were bought during that half off all guides thing that Gamestop did a few weeks ago.

Finally garage sales paid off for me.  Everything here was $1-3.  There isn't a lot of must have titles here, but in the interest of complete collections, it's hard to beat games at that price.

Finally all of the things I found at thrifts.  They were pretty good to me.  It's weird how you can go without finding any big box games for weeks, but then you find a ton at the same time.  I found all of those from three or four different thrifts in a 3 day period.  Other than that, the Viva Pinata Special Edition was a pretty nice score.  It's still sealed and since it's on Rare Replay, I can leave it like that.

Until next time!
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #541 on: September 09, 2015, 03:22:40 AM »

I picked this up the other day from GameStop, and I have no idea why, considering the PSP Version sucked so bad. As for this one, the Gameplay isn't all bad, but it shoves so much story down your throat right at the start that you have a hard time following it. Interestingly enough, while being used, the FF 15 Demo Code still worked. Also, the case is in rough shape, but the game disc is flawless.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #542 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:26 PM »

Found this in a charity shop today. It was being priced up as I went in. slick
I already had it, but for £3, I thought I may as well get it again. It's missing the Spanish, Italian and Dutch manual though.

I almost bought Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 too... but £2.50 with no manual and rather scuffed discs? No thanks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 01:39:45 PM by mumboking » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #543 on: September 09, 2015, 12:12:24 PM »

Fantastic finds, Crabby!  Kind of jealous of that Tron Bonne CIB score!

Nice find on that PSP, Redd - love me some PSP!

Duke.Togo - jealous of that TMNT find.  I have the game itself, but the label is so bad.  Box and manual I'm sure are a premium most anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:15:17 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »

Nice find on that PSP, Redd - love me some PSP!

At least someone does. I can think of only one person besides myself who actually uses a PSP for PSP Games, as opposed to solely using emulators on it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #545 on: September 09, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »

I own a PSP. My version just has terrible volume.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #546 on: September 09, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »

I own a PSP. My version just has terrible volume.
I own a PSP too. Mine has a non functional power switch. Whilst trying to fix it, I'm pretty sure I caused a stuck blue pixel. Cry
I don't think the propellant from a compressed air can spraying on the screen helped either.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #547 on: September 09, 2015, 07:58:53 PM »

Hey now,

A few Labor Day Goodwill pickups:

- Glacier GBA with Donald Duck Goin' Quackers GBC cart and Golden Sun GBA cart, 28.97 $18.83

- CIB Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's TagForce 4 for PSP $3.99 $2.99

- Krazy Ivan longbox (no manual) for PS1, $5.99 $3.89

- CIB Gex: Enter the Gecko for PS1, $3.59 $2.33

- Hexen N64 cart, $3.99 $2.99

Aaaand for around $19.00 I picked up the following loose former-rental Sega Genesis/Mega Drive carts:

- Sword of Vermilion

- Fatal Labyrinth

- Gauntlet IV

- Starflight

- Game Genie

- The Faery Tale Adventure

- Traysia

- Japanese Phantasy Star III

- Phantasy Star IV

- Kid Chameleon

Oddly enough, a gentleman had beaten me to these carts, but ultimately decided to pass on 'em... the fool. I almost felt sorry for the guy... almost.

Topping things off: a couple non-vidya grabs...

- Nerf Zombie Strike FlipFury blaster, $3.49 $2.62: Aside from being loose, this bad boy's practically brandy new. Pretty good grab considering they sell new for a double-sawbuck.

- CIB Saitek Mephisto Advanced travel chess computer, $3.49 $2.27: nobody tell Norv about this one, 'cuz he's sure to sh*t a brick if he finds out. Or at least utter "zoinks!" in his best Casey Kasem impression.

Until next time...

- 'Late
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #548 on: September 09, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »

@mumboking: That's Mega Drive CD looks awesome!

@Norch: Phantasy Star IV is really good. If you like that style of game give it a go before you sell it off.

I'm clearing out a bit of my for sale stuff to OTC Video Games, and those funds are what spurred me to go out and get a Bloodborne machine today.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #549 on: September 10, 2015, 07:40:32 AM »

@Duke.Togo: Congrats on the Bloodborne machine!

@Zag: PM Sent.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:15:03 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #550 on: September 10, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »

At least someone does. I can think of only one person besides myself who actually uses a PSP for PSP Games, as opposed to solely using emulators on it.

I do that as well, but something that a lot of PSP owners may not be aware of is an app called "ISO_TOOL".  When you have the UMD, you can use that to rip the game directly to your memory stick in either ISO or CSO (compressed) format.  Then you can save your UMD drive (since they tend to fail after a lot of use) and just play the games from the memory stick, which is faster anyway.  It was a powerful system ahead of its time, and with the additional functionality you get from loading up custom firmware, it's pretty much the best handheld system ever.

Nice pickups, Zag!  Gotta love seeing stuff like Crazy Ivan.  The early PlayStation long-box library was a big buffet of weird, wasn't it?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #551 on: September 10, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »

Thanks Amazon.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #552 on: September 10, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »

That makes me sad.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #553 on: September 10, 2015, 04:30:28 PM »

Thanks Amazon.

They didn't bother to box it? Just stuffed it in a padded envelope?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #554 on: September 10, 2015, 04:38:55 PM »

Yep.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length