RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:12:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311052 times)
krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #840 on: November 14, 2015, 03:27:32 PM »

hype for Chase HQ 2. One of the last Genesis games I wanted to get for nostalgia

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #841 on: November 14, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »

@krunch, never played Chase H.Q. on the Genesis. Only played the arcade game. Pretty fun game, one of my favorite arcade driving games.

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #842 on: November 15, 2015, 10:48:33 PM »

This was my birthday week and since I'm such a huge fan of me, I decided to go a little crazy this weekend:

I first acquired this lot from a guy on Kijiji (like Craig's list). I paid $40 CDN, which is not a steal, but Outbreak alone goes for more than that at our local stores and I needed a case upgrade for FF10:

These were all $5-$7 at a music store that has only, over the past few years, really gotten into video games. They have surprisingly nice inventory. I apologize for the horrible photograph:

As I was about to pay for those games, I noticed Double Dash for $30, which is at least $20 less than most of our retail stores. We then went to the new location of one of our regular game stores. I hadn't seen new inventory at the other location for a long time, but I was very happy to find Bushido Blade, which I've never seen in the wild, anywhere. We ended the day at our most frequent game store, where I knew I'd be pulling the trigger on a big ticket item. That ended up being Turtles in Time. I did not get much of a deal on it, but I didn't care. 

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #843 on: November 16, 2015, 08:39:22 AM »

Bushido Blade is a game that my brother and I got for Christmas one year. It's a fighting game where you don't have a life bar, but instead "real" fight with weapons until you score a critical hit. This can be quick or take a while. When you hit you're opponent's arm or leg, they lose the use of that limb. The controls are pretty bad, but man, we had a blast playing that game! It's awesome when you take out an opponent's legs and they still manage to find a way to skewer you. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #844 on: November 16, 2015, 11:40:30 AM »

Gran Turismo 3 is a game I'd like to own.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #845 on: November 16, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »

Gran Turismo 3 is a game I'd like to own.
It's very cheap to buy. I can easily get it here for £1.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #846 on: November 16, 2015, 01:05:53 PM »

Been awhile since I posted on here. Had a hard time pulling myself away from Fallout 4 to make this post, but here are the most recent scores:

I preordered the pipboy from Amazon, but knew it wouldn't arrive right away. Bought a regular copy on launch, then got the pipboy on Friday.

All other retro games in my pics, were acquired from Game Quest. A local guy, who Crabby and I both know very well, decided he wanted to sell off the majority of his NES, Genesis, and SNES. Its been killing my wallet, but I can't pass up the opportunity to get a bunch of stuff I wanted, all at once AND locally.

Run Saber is really fun to play.

The top 3 were condition upgrades. Mickey Mouse- got manual, and a nicer box to complete my copy. Castlevania II- got box and manual to complete mine. Megamania- bought it CIB to have a CIB copy. Great 2600 shooter.

Guardian Legend was a box and manual purchase to make my copy CIB. NES games from GQ, PS4 games from Walmart. YAY! Finally get a physical Shovel Knight AND that dang BttF game, which is almost as impossible to find, as that telltale games Jurassic Park.

And last but not least:

The Amiibo stuff and cool Disney Infinity Vader(haters gotta hate) were from walmart. Opened up that cool pipe Amiibo stand right away, and put my Mario Party Luigi Amiibo on top. The He-man book is a collection of EVERY minicomic, ever packaged in the vintage, North American, MOTU action figure line.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Silv3r
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #847 on: November 16, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »

I can't tell if I'm more jealous about the Pip Boy or the He-Man Collection
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #848 on: November 16, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »

@EngineerMike: Nice grabs all around, especially Wacky Races and Herzog Zwei!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #849 on: November 16, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »

Hey now,

- CIB Super Smash Bros. Brawl, $9.95

- Nintendogs DS Lite with Nintendogs Best Friends card, $29.99 $23.99

- CIB Mario Kart Wii, $5.95

- BradyGames Game Boy Secret Codes 2 and Secret Codes 2001, $2.99 $2.10 each

- High Frequency 6-button turbo controller for Sega Genesis, $3.59

Aaaand, finally, the best pick-up of the day:

- Skylanders Ghost Roaster figure: I finally have one that works! BTW I traded this for a case of coconut water with my best friend. Seriously.

- 'Late
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #850 on: November 16, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »

Totally jealous, Engineer Mike.  Got some games there I need!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #851 on: November 16, 2015, 11:18:50 PM »

Picked up Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival with the buy 2, get 1 free from Target.  The other two games are Christmas gifts...

SMS set complete!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #852 on: November 17, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »

These were from Poundland. Some of them I got today, others I got last week They're all sealed.

My Mum gave this to me last week.

Got this today in a charity shop. It's sealed!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #853 on: November 17, 2015, 03:22:44 PM »

Picked these up along with my Secret Santa stuff!  $2.99 apiece.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #854 on: November 17, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »

Hey now...

- Capcom 30th Anniversary HC Character Encyclopedia, $3.99

- CIB Die hard Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot, and Worms, $4.99 each: the first PAL PS1 games in my collection.

Aaaaand topping things off:

Hey, Nupes, feel like throwin' down?

...'Late
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length