RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:03:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311471 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #870 on: November 21, 2015, 10:43:22 PM »

These are the games I grabbed from Disc Replay.  I'm getting to the point now were I'm going to have to pay decent coin for any NES games I pick up.  There are very few $5 and under games left that I don't have.  Maybe thrifts and garage sales will be good to me (Hint:  They won't).  I've been keeping my eye out for Dragon's Lair 3D for a while now, so that was a nice find for me.

Great finds there, Sauza.  I'm in the same boat as you with NES games, I'm to the point where most of them are costing $15 or more.  This is going to be fun...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #871 on: November 22, 2015, 01:03:48 AM »

Paid $45 for these 12 NES Games. I think I'm spoiled from garage sales because I cringed a little at paying this much. Contra alone goes for $30 though so I can't complain I suppose.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:05:37 PM by Project Nintendo » Logged
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #872 on: November 22, 2015, 07:18:19 AM »

Angry Birds Go!

The soundtrack was recorded with dozens of live instruments with almost 100 listed on the inner sleeve.
The vinyl has more music than was used in the game, including the iTunes release.

Spoiler (hover to show)
Youtube:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:25:19 AM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #873 on: November 22, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »

I too, purchased myself another game related vinyl, and maybe the first ever Hot Topic purchase:

What I find oddly strange, and somewhat disappointing, is the fact they call this record Mega Man Greatest Hits 1-10 but then they leave out a game. And it's a glaring omission IMO:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Last but not least, I thought I might actually have to fight like the kids in it, for the rights to purchase this game. Seriously. There was another frequent guy to Game Quest, that literally glared at me for a good 10-15 seconds, upon hearing I was getting this:

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #874 on: November 22, 2015, 08:02:49 PM »

Last but not least, I thought I might actually have to fight like the kids in it, for the rights to purchase this game. Seriously. There was another frequent guy to Game Quest, that literally glared at me for a good 10-15 seconds, upon hearing I was getting this:

Was he from a rival school?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #875 on: November 22, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »

I remember renting Rival Schools all the time. One of those games I should have just bought if I could ever find it in a store.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:51:18 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #876 on: November 22, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »

You could take Jake in a fight. Not at Rival Schools, but definitely in a real fight Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #877 on: November 22, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »

Definitely one of the better 3d fighters of the era.  Kyoko and Hyo are a blast to play.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #878 on: November 22, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »

I slightly more restrained weekend of spending for me. I started it with a little bit of thrifting. The Buffy game was $3. Sealed Dragon Age Origins (XBox 360) was $5 and sealed "The Vampire Diaries" (don't judge me, the show is way better than people want to give it credit for) board game was similarly priced:

Went to my usual game store. While there, an Intellivision came in for trade. I spotted a voice modulator with it. I offered a less than retail, but fair price for it ($20 CDN). Then, I started talking myself out of it. The guy tossed in a free $1 game, CoD 2 and I caved. I was coerced by Krunch to buy Resident Evil 4 on the GameCube for $20. The only purchase I didn't need convincing on was Light Crusader (Genesis):

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #879 on: November 22, 2015, 11:51:06 PM »

Went to my usual game store. While there, an Intellivision came in for trade. I spotted a voice modulator with it.....

I just played some INTV games with a friend like a week ago. Think we played nearly all of the voice games for at least a little bit....."Beee sehvhenteeeen buhommer!" haha
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #880 on: November 22, 2015, 11:56:22 PM »

Picked up a NES (with all hookups), 2 Controllers, a Zapper (with manual), Mario/Duck Hunt (with manual), and a CIB copy of Bases Loaded II for $20. Nothing extraordinary but the NES works great (which is nice for a change). These Facebook ads I've been putting out on the Buy/Sell/Trade groups are really starting to pay out.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:07:09 PM by Project Nintendo » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #881 on: November 23, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »

I too, purchased myself another game related vinyl, and maybe the first ever Hot Topic purchase:

What I find oddly strange, and somewhat disappointing, is the fact they call this record Mega Man Greatest Hits 1-10 but then they leave out a game. And it's a glaring omission IMO:

Spoiler (hover to show)

I, too, was EXTREMELY disappointed with the omission of tracks from Mega Man 3.  I mean, the intro music isn't QUITE as iconic as that of MM2, but it's still awesome.  Not to mention Snake Man, Gemini Man, or Shadow Man.  The whole game has an excellent soundtrack, and it's a shame that it was not included here.  Really, I think it should have been a 2xLP release, so each game could have got its due with a solid 4-5 representative tracks from each.  That would have been a much better product.  Still, what they chose was mostly good, so I can't complain too much.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #882 on: November 23, 2015, 09:03:56 AM »

I agree MetalFRO. I listened to all of Side A, then out of annoyance, I popped in my MM3 cart so I could just listen to the intro.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #883 on: November 23, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »

Okay, finally have my pictures uploaded.  I forgot to post my Goodwill scores from a couple weeks ago:

Was particularly excited to find the GH2 nearly complete (only missing the strap) for that price.

Here's my modest Goodwill find from this past weekend:

Here's my take from one pawn shop:

And here's my INCREDIBLE pawn shop find at the other place:

So, a little story with this - if you look at the price tags, you'll see what the previous owner paid.  These are RECENT price tags, because that game store has only been in the town for about 6 months or so.  I've become a regular there, but of course, haven't wanted to shell out the money for most of those games because they hold their value so well, as I'm sure most of you know.  But someone purchased those games from that shop, at some point in the last few months, then they were pawned at the shop I go to regularly.  Not sure why they didn't take them back to the game store, but their loss is my gain!  I got them for pennies compared to those price tags.  All the years I've held off buying Super Mario Sunshine finally paid off, and now I can finally say I own both Smash (sans manual, unfortunately), and Double Dash!  So now, I officially own all console versions of Mario Kart, which is kind of nice.  In any event, patience does get rewarded from time to time!

And speaking of that game store, I stopped in there as well, and picked up a few things:

I know those Turbo Touch controllers are supposed to suck big time, but I decided to snag one for the fun of it.  That's a 5-pack of NES cart sleeves on the bottom, and of course, Saturn games are always great to pick up.  When I stopped in there, a guy who came in before me had literally just traded in some 30-40 Saturn games.  I told the clerk I had to walk out with one or two, so he told me to pick out a handful of games I wanted, and he'd call me later with pricing info.  As expected, most of the games were priced out of my range ($70 for Earthworm Jim 2, $120 for Enemy Zero, $65 for D, $35 for Scud, etc.), but I picked these 2 up.  I ALMOST picked up Cyberia, which would have been great, since I owned that one years ago and sold it off, but I wasn't going to pay $15 for a CIB game with a giant green rental sticker on the manual.  In any event, it was pretty cool to see all those Saturn games, a couple of which I'd never heard of, and 2 or 3 which I hadn't seen in the wild in 15+ years.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:55:23 AM by MetalFRO » Logged

Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #884 on: November 23, 2015, 06:22:45 PM »

So this just happened. See if you can spot the big one.

Also not pictured is a yellowed SNES and 2 Controllers. She said she couldn't get them to work and threw them in for free. I tested them and they work great! Now for the question you're all wondering? What the hell did I pay for this?

$40. Yeah.

And if anyone is interested Donkey Kong Country, Scooby Doo Mystery, and Super Empire Strikes Back are for sale.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:20:37 PM by Project Nintendo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length