RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311028 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #900 on: November 24, 2015, 11:41:59 AM »

A box of awesome arrived today from Taco Bell

That is awesome!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #901 on: November 24, 2015, 01:02:08 PM »

Sweet Game Boy haul, Project Nintendo!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #902 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:20 PM »

Project Nintendo and Ghost Soldier both killing it. Awesome to see someone actually win one of those prizes!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #903 on: November 24, 2015, 08:43:02 PM »

Hey now...

Man, with all these huge hauls over the last few days, I'm feeling a little bad about my own meager finds:

- 3 back ishes of Nintendo Power, $0.29 each

- CIB Power Stone and Resident Evil Code Veronica for Dreamcast, $3.99 each

I also picked up yet another Epoch-brand/licensed game of the NON-vidya kind:

I also grabbed a pretty sizable toy score... which you can read about elsewhere on this board.

Hope to see you there!  Wink
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #904 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »

Picked these up today, $1.21. a piece:

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #905 on: November 25, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »

I too, purchased myself another game related vinyl, and maybe the first ever Hot Topic purchase:

What I find oddly strange, and somewhat disappointing, is the fact they call this record Mega Man Greatest Hits 1-10 but then they leave out a game. And it's a glaring omission IMO:

Spoiler (hover to show)

I, too, was EXTREMELY disappointed with the omission of tracks from Mega Man 3.  I mean, the intro music isn't QUITE as iconic as that of MM2, but it's still awesome.  Not to mention Snake Man, Gemini Man, or Shadow Man.  The whole game has an excellent soundtrack, and it's a shame that it was not included here.  Really, I think it should have been a 2xLP release, so each game could have got its due with a solid 4-5 representative tracks from each.  That would have been a much better product.  Still, what they chose was mostly good, so I can't complain too much.
Yeah you would expect when the title says Best of Mega Man 1-10 that it would include music from all those games shrug

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #906 on: November 25, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »

Picked up another deal off of Facebook. Had to pay $70 for everything. Let me know how I did.

Phew. That's the last of it. This score brings me to 93 NES games and 24 N64.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:01:17 PM by Project Nintendo » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #907 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00:51 PM »

That Super Power Club controller box looks awesome. Never seen one.

Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #908 on: November 25, 2015, 10:02:32 PM »

Actually it's just a bunch of stickers out of Nintendo Power stuck on the box haha.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #909 on: November 25, 2015, 10:08:13 PM »

Hey now once again,

Check out this sweet R2-D2 popcorn container/bowl combo I picked up for two bucks:

But if you think that's impressive, wait 'til ya see what's inside:

- CIB Japanese Sonic Rush, Infinite Space, and Kageyama Method - Dennou Hanpuku - Tadashii Kanji Kaki to Rikun for DS, $3.99 each

And now, a little something to show Nupoile that I haven't been slackin':

- TI-83 Plus, $3.99

- CIB TI Business Analyst II, $2.49

Moving on:

- Sharp Zaurus ZR-5000 PDA Personal-Organizer-Palmtop-Computer-Thingy, $4.49: I'm gonna enjoy fiddling around with this bad boy.

Aaaand finally:

- CIB Skylanders Trap Team tablet starter set, $5.99: I picked this up for the regular Snap Shot and Food Fight figures. My Trap Team figure collection is essentially complete now.

Aaaand that's it for now. Happy Thanksgiving everybody, even all you non-yank/rebs. With any luck, I'll be back on Friday night, showing off all my cool "Blue Friday" grabs...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #910 on: November 25, 2015, 10:35:43 PM »

Sonic Rush and Infinite Space I recognized immediately from the boxes. The third one is an Educational title for how to write Kanji, apparently part of the Professor Kageyama series of Educational titles (known as Personal Trainer here in the States).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:37:18 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #911 on: November 25, 2015, 11:49:16 PM »

Picked up another deal off of Facebook. Had to pay $70 for everything. Let me know how I did.

It's a passing grade if nothing else   Wink

Quote from: Zag

My dad had one of those when I was a kid. I always liked the way the buttons felt, they're a little different than most other buttons.....is that weird?

Quote from: 'norch
[/center]

- Sharp Zaurus ZR-5000 PDA Personal-Organizer-Palmtop-Computer-Thingy, $4.49: I'm gonna enjoy fiddling around with this bad boy.

That's pretty great, some of those things are really cool. Played with one a little at a retro game event a couple years ago, not that one, but something similar.

Found a few things today, for all of $8 total:

The PS2 demo disc is sealed.

A few years ago I got to play with one of these, a newer version maybe. They're pretty fun, but it's very similar to actually flying a RC plane. The controller is really close to the real life thing. If you wanted to get into RC planes, getting one of these is the way to go for practice. Don't want to smash up you multi-hundred $ RC plane first time out. Get this and learn at home.

Someone found, and posted, one of these a while ago, was it Zagnorch  Huh

On 2-13-2002 it was $130. This one seems complete and in great condition. Pretty happy about it.

Only downside: Gameport  Sad   
I have a PC or two that this would work on, but they are put away and a pain to dig out. There are gameport-to-USB converters but I don't know if they will work with this. Might have to get one anyways as it's been high on my list of things 'to get' for some time now. It would make some of those old joysticks I see in the thrifts more appealing if nothing else.

There were some more games I bought yesterday but they went directly into the hands of my nephew: Raymon Raving Rabbids 2, Pokemon Dash, Mario Party, Prince of Persia. All for the DS and 3DS. Paid whatever the game store wanted for them so nothing of note there. He also had me get some sort of Pokemon Trading card pack, kids these days.....

After that we went to an arcade, but got there before it opened. So we went down the block to another place that sold games. The store had half a dozen arcade machines, games from current day all the way back to Atari, INTV and Vic20(?!), stations set up for people to play games on consoles and lan's as well as about 30 taps for beer, because it is Oregon after all and if you're ever more than a few minutes from elitist coffee or craft beer.....you're in another state. But the arcade opened up and we went in. First thing I did was have him walk up to a coin changer and as he stood in front of it, I stuck in a 20, as he stood there mesmerized I told him to fill his pockets. We had a great time. Grandpa was with us and sat at a table with a Guinness, because the arcade a block from the game store with beer, also sold beer. It's Oregon. Making sure to play some classics like Street Fighter, Mario Bros and Rampage as well as some pinball with the kid, I let him be drawn to what he liked (he's 8 ) he spent quite a bit of time playing one of the Fast and Furious/Cruis'n games (which are pretty good btw, for that sort of thing). While pinball was a hard sell, I don't know that he even knew what they were, I did actually get grandpa to play the Medieval Madness re-make  Grin   
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #912 on: November 26, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »

Hit up the sale at Gamestop to spurge on slightly more expensive stuff than I would usually buy (all these are CIB)

Here's the receipt for prices:

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #913 on: November 26, 2015, 12:36:58 AM »

Sonic Rush and Infinite Space I recognized immediately from the boxes. The third one is an Educational title for how to write Kanji, apparently part of the Professor Kageyama series of Educational titles (known as Personal Trainer here in the States).

But of course I knew you'd be the first to respond to my Japanese DS pickups. BTW apparently the Infinite Space game isn't in the database, so I submitted it.

Quote from: Zag

My dad had one of those when I was a kid. I always liked the way the buttons felt, they're a little different than most other buttons.....is that weird?

You, ummm... liked the way the buttons felt, huh? The depravity of your calculator fetish knows no depths...  fappery

Quote from: 'norch
[/center]

That's pretty great, some of those things are really cool. Played with one a little at a retro game event a couple years ago, not that one, but something similar.

I always gravitate towards pocket PCs and palmtop computers from the '80s to mid-'90s. The touchscreen is gravy.

Found a few things today, for all of $8 total:

The PS2 demo disc is sealed.

A few years ago I got to play with one of these, a newer version maybe. They're pretty fun, but it's very similar to actually flying a RC plane. The controller is really close to the real life thing. If you wanted to get into RC planes, getting one of these is the way to go for practice. Don't want to smash up you multi-hundred $ RC plane first time out. Get this and learn at home.

Someone found, and posted, one of these a while ago, was it Zagnorch  Huh

It was indeed... but just the controller, with USB plug.

Sadly, a few months ago I was beaten to a CIB copy at a local thrift.

On 2-13-2002 it was $130. This one seems complete and in great condition. Pretty happy about it.

I have a PC or two that this would work on, but they are put away and a pain to dig out. There are gameport-to-USB converters but I don't know if they will work with this. Might have to get one anyways as it's been high on my list of things 'to get' for some time now. It would make some of those old joysticks I see in the thrifts more appealing if nothing else.

I've encountered the RC flight-sim controller a few times over the last several months, all of them USB. If you're fortunate, I just might encounter one again real soon...
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #914 on: November 26, 2015, 06:24:54 AM »

The gameport on this remote is intriguing to me, as I have a gameport to 5200 adapter.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length