RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310882 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #930 on: November 29, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »

Picked up one thing for myself during the Friday/Saturday shopping.

krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #931 on: November 29, 2015, 02:35:00 PM »

Pickups from the past week. Millenium box set for 30$!

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #932 on: November 29, 2015, 03:51:23 PM »

Black Friday pick ups!  I have other things to post, but these are timely.

Time Slip (SNES): $9.10

Plok (SNES): $9.10

Space Ace: $5.46

Darkwing Duck manual (NES): $10

Silver Surfer (NES): $5

Point Blank 2 (PS1): $8.99

Point Blank 3 (PS1): $16.48

Everything but Silver Surfer and the manual was from a new local game shop having its first Black Friday sale.  I generally find that shop's prices completely ludicrous, but I found these gems for an agreeable price.

Time Slip is a game I have never seen in the wild.  Plok is a game I have passively chased since I first got a SNES, either passing it by when I mistakenly thought I owned it or just never seeing it for a reasonable price until now.  And SPace Ace, well, it was there and I was masochistically curious.

Point Blank 2 and Point Blank 3 were the real coups for me.  I love light gun games, and now I have the complete Point Blank series for my PS1.  I really can't wait to try them out when I can assemble the full rig.

Silver Surfer and the Darkwing Duck manual came from my favorite local game shop.   The manual is in good condition, but Surfer has a hole smashed right through the front of the cart.  It still works, but boy is it ugly.  However, I dig that, and seeing that game languish in a bin for months and months finally spurred me to pick it up.

When I returned from my shopping, I found my Retro Freak premium had been delivered.  Really excited to test this out.  However, the controller feels just as terrible and cheap as any included with a clone console.  Glad I splurged on the controller adapter for it.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #933 on: November 29, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »

Picked this goodie up today:

The best part?  It was"free", just like my PS3.  Got them both with gift cards from taking surveys!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #934 on: November 30, 2015, 03:40:24 PM »

Picked up a Game Boy lot from a 40-50 something woman. Said it was her deceased mothers. Well her mom sure did take good care of her stuff. Everything here is MINT. Easily the best condition Game Boy I have ever seen and will be my go to DMG now. I paid $10 for everything.

Donkey Kong [Player's Choice] - New Variant
Donkey Kong Land - New Addition
Pac-Man - New Addition
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - Condition Upgrade
Tetris - Condition Upgrade

Total: +2 Games, +1 Variant

Total Game Boy Games Owned: 22
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #935 on: November 30, 2015, 06:16:16 PM »

When I returned from my shopping, I found my Retro Freak premium had been delivered.  Really excited to test this out.  However, the controller feels just as terrible and cheap as any included with a clone console.  Glad I splurged on the controller adapter for it.

I'm super interested in hearing more about this one.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #936 on: November 30, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »

LB3 was $8, TS was $15.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #937 on: November 30, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »

Hey now,

If Toy Soldiers War Chest It doesn't have the TransFormers in it, then I am not interested. If this was an attempt to get me to glom onto a PS4, it failed miserably. But hey, at least it doesn't include *SHUDDER* Snarf from the ThunderCats. Bad enough that it probably has Orko in it...

ANYway, I followed up my "Blue Friday" shopping with a little a little "IRL Monday" shopping:

- 2 sealed copies of Sonic Lost World for 3DS, $14.98 each: on closeout at Target.

- 2 sealed copies of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, $19.98 each: more Target closeouts.

- Mario Kart Double Dash (no manual), $5.99

- Pink DSi, $4.99 $3.49

- Xbox 360 hard drive, $5.99 $4.19

- CIB Japanese Final Fantasy X with 8MB memory card, $3.99: Also included a bonus DVD.

- 'Late
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #938 on: December 02, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »

jelly

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #939 on: December 02, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »

A few recent items...

Doom³ [Limited Collector's Edition] was £2 (I got it because metal case... Roll Eyes), Madagascar was 99p (It was unpriced until I took a sticker off something else. Wink)

This was £1. (The game wasn't in it)

This was £1.99, as you can see on the sticker. (These Cash Converters stickers NEVER come off cleanly.)
It's sealed, but there's what could be a bite taken out of one of the corners and the front is dented in...

This was £1.75 (It's also American.)

I think this is everything... Apart from what will be my Christmas presents. I might wait until then to post pics of those.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #940 on: December 03, 2015, 12:02:12 AM »

jelly

Toast

Oh wait, this isn't the Word Association thread; never mind.

A few recent items...

[...]

This was £1.99, as you can see on the sticker. (These Cash Converters stickers NEVER come off cleanly.)
It's sealed, but there's what could be a bite taken out of one of the corners and the front is dented in...

I think I might have one of those in my collection, but I never actually added it to my collection page. BTW that corner definitely looks like a mouse or rat went at it...

Do you encounter any non-UK / non-EU games frequently? Just curious...
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #941 on: December 03, 2015, 12:31:56 AM »

Here are my pickups from last week:

All pretty decent stuff here.

I went to my old game store and found some reasonable, if unspectacular prices: Final Fantasy IX and Suikoden on the PS1 for $20 and $40 CDN respectively (I'd priced them out at $85 CDN or so online w/ shipping and import charges). Shining Force (Genesis) was without its manual but otherwise in very good shape (again, I spent $40 CDN).

Super Star Soldier (TurboGrafx-16) was an Ebay birthday gift from me to me. I in no way got a steal on it, but I just don't care (I normally do).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:34:49 AM by jansolee66 » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #942 on: December 03, 2015, 03:06:30 AM »

Great pickups Janso!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #943 on: December 03, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »

Here are my pickups from last week:

All pretty decent stuff here.

I went to my old game store and found some reasonable, if unspectacular prices: Final Fantasy IX and Suikoden on the PS1 for $20 and $40 CDN respectively (I'd priced them out at $85 CDN or so online w/ shipping and import charges). Shining Force (Genesis) was without its manual but otherwise in very good shape (again, I spent $40 CDN).

Super Star Soldier (TurboGrafx-16) was an Ebay birthday gift from me to me. I in no way got a steal on it, but I just don't care (I normally do).

That's quite a nice haul!  We've played Suikoden and Shining Force for the playthroughs and I loved both games. That's a great TG16 shooter too!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #944 on: December 03, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »

*snip*

I think I might have one of those in my collection, but I never actually added it to my collection page. BTW that corner definitely looks like a mouse or rat went at it...
Hmm... Not sure why they'd do that...

*snip*

Do you encounter any non-UK / non-EU games frequently? Just curious...
In the wild? Hardly ever... Most of my non UK/EU games come from either eBay or you. Wink
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:09:59 PM by mumboking » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length