RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:24:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310994 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #990 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »

Hey now,

The endless thrifting odyssey continues...

- Black DSi and Pink DS Lite, $13.49 each

- CIB Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, $11.99

- BradyGames DotHack Part 2: Mutation guide, $2.99

- PC Gamer magazine ish, $0.29

- Pac-Man arcade-cabinet candy tin, $0.79: I grabbed this for a certain someone who hangs out on my vidya shelf:

Oooh, lookit all deh perty flashy colors

For those who are concerned that my Skylander-collecting mania has diminished as of late, just wait 'til you take a gander at my online orders from G*meSt*p's Skylanders Day promotion:

- SuperChargers Racing starter set for 3DS, $64.99 $32.49

- Swap Force starter for PS4, free with purchase of SuperChargers starter: my first PS4 pickup.

- Skylanders Eon's Elite Spyro figure, $9.99

- Skylanders Eon's Elite Stealth Elf, Triiger Happy, and Whirlwind figures, $9.99 each

- Prima Tomb Raider I & II guides, and Tips & Tricks ish: $4.25 for all

Aaaand several Goodwill pickups that put my Atari 2600 game collection into triple figures:

- Haunted House

- 14 Tele-Games: Chase - Barricade - TV Graffiti

- Star Voyager

- Star Ship

- Flag Capture

- Maze Craze

- Video Chess
: If it weren't for Norv's undue influence, I probably wouldn't have given this a second look.

- Red Tail Squadron 2016 calendar: this was thrown in for free with the Atari game pickups.

All righty, back to you.
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #991 on: December 11, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »

It's that time again! Time for me to post my scores with the awful pictures my crappy phone manages to manifest!

Paid $45 for some NES goodies. Once again a response to one of my facebook want ads.

All these games were new to my collection.
They are:
Wrestlemania: Steel Cage
Golf
Dragon Warrior
Track & Field
Gauntlet
Astyanax
The Legend of Kage
Quantum Fighter
Dragon Warrior II

2 New Variants to the collection
Mike Tyson's Punch Out is the Round Seal Re-Release Version...Quite a minor variant but...gotta catch 'em all!
Also, I found the ULTRA ELUSIVE grey cart Zelda. (I'm looking at you Crabby).

Doubles! 2 copies of Super Mario / Duck Hunt as well as a copy of Contra. Contra itself almost pays for this whole lot. Up for trade / sale as always.

And of course... the system. Came with an rf cable and a/v cables and 1 controller. No power adapter but I have an extra so no biggy.

The lady also found these and threw them in for free. Needed both of these games too! Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Yellow. Also included is a metal Mewtwo card which is kinda neat. Apparently they were sold at Burger King in 1999.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 10:07:47 PM by Project Nintendo » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #992 on: December 11, 2015, 11:06:17 PM »

- Video Chess[/i]: If it weren't for Norv's undue influence, I probably wouldn't have given this a second look.

You're welcome but you can thank my son for that.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #993 on: December 11, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »

Got these from my Secret Santa.  So Stoked!

Over 550 now!

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #994 on: December 12, 2015, 02:40:38 AM »

Elusive Grey Zelda indeed!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #995 on: December 12, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »

Got some crazy games added to my collection lately......

and of course no collection is complete without two copies of this beauty!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #996 on: December 12, 2015, 08:41:10 AM »

I was going to make a joke about not being married any more but your ring finger isn't completely in the picture. Wink

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #997 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:49 AM »

I think that pic is proof that I have the best wife ever Wink

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #998 on: December 12, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »

Those are huge games. Congrats, Crabmaster.

I had a reasonably good week of smaller pickups. I'll work my way back chronologically.

On Wednesday, my local game store had a "Midnight Madness" sale. It was ridiculous how many people showed up for it (I'd estimate there were at least 125 people in front of me). I didn't get into the store until 11:15PM (it opened at 9PM). Basically, any game under $20 was half price, all controllers were half price, repros were 40% off, Magic the Gathering packs were reduced, and for each hundred dollars you spent, you'd get a gift certificate of increasing value (100-$15, 200-$35, 300-$60). I was a little tapped out and had been tasked by others to pick stuff up for them, so I didn't have the opportunity to shop much. I did spot Xardion for $10, which seemed reasonable to me despite it not being on my list of targeted games.

On Tuesday, the last of my birthday Ebay splurges arrived, Bushido Blade 2. It is as mint as you can imagine.

Last weekend, I attended a very small "geek" event that featured 10 vendors or so. A few of them had games. I saw a couple deals, but most were for games I already owned. I still managed to pick up Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic 3 at slightly below Ebay rates. I also talked to a guy called Liam Gibbs who was promoting his self-published books. He seemed like a nice enough guy and he said he was inspired by Marvel Comics and Star Wars (the books are called "In a Galaxy Far, Far Awry" after all) and certain comedy greats. I decided that for a little over $20, I could help this guy out and I might even get something decent to read out of it. So far, so good on that front.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:10:01 AM by jansolee66 » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #999 on: December 12, 2015, 12:57:39 PM »

Can't tell from the pic, but is the second one PAL? If not, how'd you manage to snag a second one?!

MM6 Capcom next? Check out the NA thread if you haven't seen it yet.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:59:56 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1000 on: December 12, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »

http://nintendoage.com/au...atid=3&threadid=29165

Stay tuned to the next exciting episode of the Collectorcast!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 03:16:07 PM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1001 on: December 12, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »

Couldn't see the seal on the one in the back, but didn't know the PAL version was double-lined. Awesome.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1002 on: December 12, 2015, 08:53:15 PM »

One of the more random finds, I went to a thrift store and saw a ton of overpriced items. Ogled an Amiga 2000, but didn't want to pay the asking price when it was bare bones. This store prices their games at $7 base, which is annoying as hell, but I fished a Yoshi's Story cartridge out of a bin for that price so I can't complain. Tried to haggle for an Ultima Exodus cartridge, but they would only budge $1.

However, in the back where they have all the monitors and random PC stuff, I found the Canadian (!) manual for Final Fantasy Origins. If anyone needs it, which I suspect quite a few do without knowing, let me know. Canadian version has a 662248903026 UPC sticker over the American one, and comes with 2 manuals. I'll have to hit up Dangerboy for more info to see if he still needs it.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1003 on: December 12, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »

Here's the small stack of cheap stuff I got at GameStop today, all CIB:

My Goodwill finds:

My other game store grabs:

My pawn shop finds, including a couple dupes:

And my mail arrivals for the week. I should have one additional Xbox 360 shmup, but it hasn't arrived yet. Many thanks to singlebanana for hooking me up with the Maverick Hunter X - my nephew will enjoy unwrapping it a week from today!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1004 on: December 12, 2015, 10:51:38 PM »

Got this from noiseredux.  Man this system sure is light.

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length