RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:12:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1317288 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1080 on: January 02, 2016, 02:29:21 AM »

Got two last minute packages in the mail for my 2015 collecting goals. All 5 in the first pic are still sealed. Heck yeah!!!

You know that feeling you get when you have stuff to post but you can't possibly compete with the post right before yours?  I call that the Crabby Effect. 
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1081 on: January 02, 2016, 08:15:16 AM »

Got two last minute packages in the mail for my 2015 collecting goals. All 5 in the first pic are still sealed. Heck yeah!!!

You know that feeling you get when you have stuff to post but you can't possibly compete with the post right before yours?  I call that the Crabby Effect. 

I just took home a box of 50+ PS2 sports games as well if that helps Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #1082 on: January 02, 2016, 08:20:54 AM »

Looks great Crabmaster2000 and that Magical Chase grab is nice! Smiley

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1083 on: January 03, 2016, 12:12:15 AM »

Slowman - totally freaking jealous of that Raiden II cab! Enjoy it man, I know I'd play the crap out of it!

Zag - some nice finds you got there. Pretty good Pokemon haul, and nice score on the blue GG. I still need to replace the caps in mine...

Crabby - super epic finds there. I don't think I want to know what you paid for Magical Chase. I have a feeling MY wallet would be crying for you!

Here are my first scores in 2016! I'll start with my modest game store pickups:

I'll move on to my Goodwill finds, including a relatively clean GameCube (janky controller notwithstanding):

And I'll graduate to my EPIC pawn shop find! 25 PS2 & Xbox games, including a few more rare/pricey pieces:

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1084 on: January 03, 2016, 08:43:55 AM »

Onimusha and Devil May Cry are both really great games. Check them out if you havn't played either yet.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1085 on: January 03, 2016, 03:33:07 PM »

So the family and I usually go down to Sand Key beach every New Years Eve, but I was working this year.  So we went this weekend, and I got to go back out to my favorite flea market near Tampa.  I brought some dupes for trade to Rita and Jim,(who still remember me, even though I haven't been there in over a year) and they gave me a great deal on this stuff.  Everything but the Ps2 games were from them. The prices on them weren't what I paid. 

I've heard lots of good things about Zanac, so now I can try it myself.  The Ps2 games I found at another stand and had never heard of them.  So $2 each seemed reasonable to try them out.   They were CIB too.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1086 on: January 03, 2016, 03:36:28 PM »

Zanac and Dragon Spirit are both very good. DS might be my favorite on the NES and also has a TG16 version

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1087 on: January 03, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »

@wempster nice find on that Stunt Racer! that's not a common sight.
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1088 on: January 03, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »

@techwizard No its not.  It was in a crate at the very bottom of a stack.  I felt bad asking Rita to help me get it but there were no other copies and I don't see it ever. 
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1089 on: January 05, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »

@Crabby: Congrats! I know you've been chasing that one for a while.

Everything blended over the holidays so I'm posting everything here.

Special thanks to Zag for the DS case and dice.

A very special thanks to everyone who signed the Silent Service cart. I have a special spot in my game room reserved.

Part 1 of ....

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1090 on: January 05, 2016, 02:09:18 PM »

Very cool Silent Service cart!  It seems that I have one in my gameroom as well. Rumor is that someone may have a chance to win one in the upcoming months..... *wink* *wink*

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1091 on: January 05, 2016, 08:08:09 PM »

My first finds of 2016:

£1.99 each. A little more than I'd like to pay, but it's not often I find them.
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1092 on: January 08, 2016, 03:40:07 PM »

My first pick ups of 2016 ... Things were alright in my area ...

It started out with Volleyball (Magnavox Odyssey - 1972 [CIB]) and I was really happy because that nearly completed my odyssey library ... all i need the most difficult to find boxed ... Interplanetary Voyage and Percepts ...that Percepts shipping box is going to be a jerk to find.

ANYWAY ...

Along then came Animaniacs (Sega Genesis - 1994 [CIB]) and a rather irrate opossum I was when I played Awesome Possum (Sega Genesis - 1993 [CB]) ... After hearing his voice for the first time. I felt like my ears have been violated ... Then a family member gave me a great, well-working 1990's IBM Thinkpad ... I'm rocking it out with some awesome DOS games ... Then I scurried into a resale store and noticed a boxed Power Pad for the NES with a pack in game ... the totally STUNNING, World Class Track Meet  laugh ...

Then I realized ... my one year anniversary was coming extremely, uncomfortably close ... I need to act fast ... I need to find a great gift ... So, I figured ... me being an opossum, what should I get my fiance for our first year together ...

(NON GAME RELATED)

I think he'll be getting the "butt" end of my humor this anniversary.

Anyway ... this opossum has things to do and games to play ... have fun  Grin

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1093 on: January 08, 2016, 04:53:21 PM »

My first pick ups of 2016 ... Things were alright in my area ...

It started out with Volleyball (Magnavox Odyssey - 1972 [CIB]) and I was really happy because that nearly completed my odyssey library ... all i need the most difficult to find boxed ... Interplanetary Voyage and Percepts ...that Percepts shipping box is going to be a jerk to find.

ANYWAY ...

Along then came Animaniacs (Sega Genesis - 1994 [CIB]) and a rather irrate opossum I was when I played Awesome Possum (Sega Genesis - 1993 [CB]) ... After hearing his voice for the first time. I felt like my ears have been violated ... Then a family member gave me a great, well-working 1990's IBM Thinkpad ... I'm rocking it out with some awesome DOS games ... Then I scurried into a resale store and noticed a boxed Power Pad for the NES with a pack in game ... the totally STUNNING, World Class Track Meet  laugh ...

Then I realized ... my one year anniversary was coming extremely, uncomfortably close ... I need to act fast ... I need to find a great gift ... So, I figured ... me being an opossum, what should I get my fiance for our first year together ...

(NON GAME RELATED)

I think he'll be getting the "butt" end of my humor this anniversary.

Anyway ... this opossum has things to do and games to play ... have fun  Grin

Great power pad find.  What's the original price on that sticker?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1094 on: January 08, 2016, 05:00:08 PM »

Great power pad find.  What's the original price on that sticker?

It's a KMart sticker with the price of "$79.97"

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length