RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:14:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311437 times)
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1230 on: February 15, 2016, 11:16:06 PM »

There is one more thing I got from them, and I don't know.  Something just seems a bit off...

I'm thinking there's a small, oh so small chance that this might be a fake.  I don't know guys, it just seems so legit but I just have a nagging feeling that someone at Amazon doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.  I'm probably just being paranoid.
Only for Game Boy Color... Regular Game Boy cartridge style... Says GAME instead of Nintendo GAME BOY...
Eh, even fakes are interesting to collect. Hopefully it didn't cost too much.

I just looked up what the original looks like. So it's meant to be a Pokemon Pinball style cartridge? Those pirates didn't even try...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:18:37 PM by mumboking » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1231 on: February 16, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »

Hey now,

Picked up a few goodies at the Goodwill Labor Day sales yesterday:

- CIB RealFlight R/C Flight Sim for PC, $6.65 $4.32

- T2 The Arcade Game Game Gear cart, $4.99 $3.50

- CIB Dementium: The Ward for DS, $10.00 $6.50

- Sealed Japanese Tekken 4 for PS2, $2.99

- Silver PSP with camera accessory and Star Wars Battlefront UMD, $30.49 $19.82

A few other things of interest:

- Sealed Japanese Tekken 4-- oops, already mentioned that one. Moving on...

- CIB CoLeCo Head-to-Head plug-&-play video game system, $5.11 $3.32

- CIB Summon Night Twin Age for DS, $13.95

- Super Mario All-Stars for Wii and Super Mario History soundtrack CD, $13.95

- Grab bag with Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Strawberry Shortcake: Summertime Adventure, and Nicktoons Freeze-Frame Frenzy / SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom GBA carts, Cartoon Network Collection Special Edition GBA Video cart, two 8MB PS2 memory cards, and Panasonic MP3 player, $19.99 $13.99

All right, back to you...
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1232 on: February 16, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »

I scored me a Game Gear with eight decent games, a case, and some other stuff for under $60 shipped. I'm really happy because it's something I've wanted since I started collecting

I'm not complaining about the dead pixel because everything else works great and I think I got a really good deal on it.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1233 on: February 16, 2016, 09:07:21 PM »

@Zag
There were 2 versions of that Coleco handheld. The Head to head one and a single player one. I know i have the head to head. Can't remember if i have the other. I think they both came in the snap shelled cases tho

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1234 on: February 16, 2016, 11:19:50 PM »

@Zag
There were 2 versions of that Coleco handheld. The Head to head one and a single player one. I know i have the head to head. Can't remember if i have the other. I think they both came in the snap shelled cases tho

I think I actually have the SP one CIB and it's just a cardboard box.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1235 on: February 16, 2016, 11:42:51 PM »

Hey now,

I scored me a Game Gear with eight decent games, a case, and some other stuff for under $60 shipped. I'm really happy because it's something I've wanted since I started collecting

I'm not complaining about the dead pixel because everything else works great and I think I got a really good deal on it.

The dead-pixel issue might be the least of your worries. The original Game Gears (pre-Majesco) were manufactured with cheap capacitors that would usually fail quickly, eventually leaving you with an all-white screen. If you have decent soldering skills and a capacitor replacement kit that you can get off of eBay, you can do the change-out yourself with a little effort.

A few years later, Majesco took over the distribution of Game Gears, which sport higher-quality capacitors that aren't nearly as prone to quick failure as the originals. You can tell which one you have by looking at the three ovals just past the upper left corner of the viewscreen: red-green-blue for Sega, and all-white for Majesco.

retrogrb.com

You can read more about the different Game Gear versions at http://retrorgb.com/gamegearversions.html

@Zag

I bought the 1-player 6-in-1 release new back in the early 2000s, and I recall it looking like this:

Amazon.com

The back of the case states that it's "marketed by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.," which likely means it was a Wally World-exclusive edition. And it looks like they were blowing them out for less than three bucks a pop back in the day, if this forum post is accurate:

http://forums.gottadeal.c...head-video-game-12n1-250/

BTW the jack that connects the Player-2 controller to the master plug-&-play is the same as the jack for GameCube controllers. Maybe I should plug it into my GameCube and see if I can use it to play Super Mario Sunshine?

...'Late
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1236 on: February 16, 2016, 11:52:04 PM »

Got a few items from shaggy:

I really need to get one of my Game Gears working so I can experience the jaw dropping horror that will be Taz. It has some truly abysmal music.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1237 on: February 17, 2016, 12:11:10 AM »

Whoah, whoah, whoa-- hold the phone there, buddy...

...they made a Little Nicky video game?

Now ya got me curious...
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1238 on: February 17, 2016, 12:40:49 AM »

Hey now,

The dead-pixel issue might be the least of your worries. The original Game Gears (pre-Majesco) were manufactured with cheap capacitors that would usually fail quickly, eventually leaving you with an all-white screen. If you have decent soldering skills and a capacitor replacement kit that you can get off of eBay, you can do the change-out yourself with a little effort.

A few years later, Majesco took over the distribution of Game Gears, which sport higher-quality capacitors that aren't nearly as prone to quick failure as the originals. You can tell which one you have by looking at the three ovals just past the upper left corner of the viewscreen: red-green-blue for Sega, and all-white for Majesco.

retrogrb.com

You can read more about the different Game Gear versions at http://retrorgb.com/gamegearversions.html

@Zag

I bought the 1-player 6-in-1 release new back in the early 2000s, and I recall it looking like this:

Amazon.com

The back of the case states that it's "marketed by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.," which likely means it was a Wally World-exclusive edition. And it looks like they were blowing them out for less than three bucks a pop back in the day, if this forum post is accurate:

http://forums.gottadeal.c...head-video-game-12n1-250/

BTW the jack that connects the Player-2 controller to the master plug-&-play is the same as the jack for GameCube controllers. Maybe I should plug it into my GameCube and see if I can use it to play Super Mario Sunshine?

...'Late

I played through the first level of Sonic 2 to test it when I unpacked it on camera, and it seems to be perfect order aside from the dead pixels so I likely won't risk messing with it unless it actually goes out.

That Coleco system in the box is the exact one I have CIB.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1239 on: February 17, 2016, 07:06:15 AM »

Whoah, whoah, whoa-- hold the phone there, buddy...

...they made a Little Nicky video game?

Now ya got me curious...

Why do you think he had me buy it for him? Wink

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1240 on: February 17, 2016, 09:36:17 AM »

I went back to the library for another sale and found odds and ends for $13 total: (Vice City had a PS2 memory card inside)

The Skylander stuff was free:

Grabbed a throw to keep warm in the basement:

Thanks to Disposed Hero for these:

Thanks to dsheinem for these:

I am taking some time off to organize my collection, build out my game room, and repair anything that is broken.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:56:51 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1241 on: February 17, 2016, 12:57:05 PM »

Amazing gaming blankey!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1242 on: February 17, 2016, 01:21:25 PM »

Jealous of the summon night mr. Norch...should have a post of my own coming today.  Not as big as the previous but still some goodies.  Also have a few things from a couple of awesome guys on here and a few eBay purchases my brother made. And of course a little mini vacation to Kansas City this weekend so who knows!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1243 on: February 17, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »

@Crabby:

http://www.target.com/p/s..._1_2&term=sonic+throw

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1244 on: February 17, 2016, 09:16:52 PM »

Hey all! Here is the finds for this week (still have the weekend to come). 

Finally knocked off a PS2 Game off the wanted list - now I just need to get all the .hack GU Games.

The Original Game Boy Box and SNES box are inserts and styros and I have all the fixings to go in them.  The Boxed GB Pocket is our first Pocket CIB.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length