RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:31:01 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310889 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1260 on: February 23, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »

Nupoiles's post reminded me that I ran into an issue of Retro magazine at Goodwill. They've made the big time!
You should have picked it up. Those things sell for real money on ebay, a quick look just now and I saw them going for $16-20 an issue for just random ones.

I enjoy the magazine. It's supposed to be bi-monthly but isn't really. This February makes month 26 and we are only  up to issue 10, oh well, it's fun anyways. They aren't exactly meant to be current news anyways.

Hey now, Nupes & company... but mainly Nupes...

Regarding your published letter in that ish of Nintendo Power: Can I have your autograph?! I've never met a fellow published periodical-letter-writer before! I had an e-mail printed in an issue of The Punisher from the 2000s Garth Ennis run. In my e-mail I pointed out a subtle continuity error that I hoped would win me a coveted Marvel No-Prize... only to learn that they'd given that up a few years prior. BTW that has been the ONLY letter or e-mail I've ever sent to a periodical, and it will likely be the last, giving me a perfect 1-for-1 record.

And now, another weird coincidence: After I shipped out the USB R/C simulator flight controller, I drove down to the nearest Goodwill, where I found and bought that complete RealFlight G3 set. But now here's where things get spooky. Today I made a little thrift pickup that I was planning to show off on the tech-score thread. But seeing this has forced my hand:

Check out what I grabbed for a double-sawbuck...

That controller is pretty much what I have, I didn't show the box and stuff in my picture. I inherited a whole RC plane and all the stuff to go with it from my uncle. It's about 90% put together. It has a little gas motor that spins at something like 20,000 rpm and makes almost 1 horsepower. The receipt in my box says he paid something like $225 for that box you are showing if I remember right. That would have been more than 10 years ago at this point.

And yes, you can have my autograph?.....haha, I really need to fix those images in that blog post of mine talking about my letter in that issue of NP. The images are of a newspaper clipping and are part of why I wrote the magazine. At one point the host downsized them to be un-readable. So I need to re-scan the newspaper and update the blog post, and then somehow shamelessly self-promote my blog, again.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1261 on: February 24, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »

I finally broke the 3,000 total collection mark the other day and these are my latest scores.  The sensaiman Super Fami carts put me over the top....like Lincoln Hawk.

Couldn't pass this up even without the manual, since it was a sweet deal. Manual on the way as we speak.

Just one more cassette (Survival Island) and box and manual for Party Mix and I'll have a CIB Starpath collection.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1262 on: February 24, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »

The star of the show is Beavis and Butthead, Banana. laugh
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:51:01 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1263 on: February 24, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »

£1.50 total...
The Mario Kart 8 Racing Wheel looks to be unused. It even has the protective plastic on it.

Those Mario blocks and the Goomba are magnets...
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1264 on: February 24, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »

Banana - Awesome grabs! Shining Force III that is awesome!  Good luck on the Starpath!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1265 on: February 24, 2016, 10:17:12 PM »

@Rich RE: Super Fami Games: Quit copyin' me!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »

@Rich RE: Super Fami Games: Quit copyin' me!

Gotta get them cheap while I can. Sensaiman Express in effect! Three of four Playcast members with decent Super Fami RPG collections and the other guy with a Retron5 also. Hmmmmm

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1267 on: February 25, 2016, 12:58:24 AM »

Well Sunday I got off my 12 hr shift at 530 in the morning and decided to just wait a few hours and hit the flea market for the first time in a long while.  It's usually very hit or miss trying to find any games, let alone any carts.  I was lucky that Sunday they finally had a few sellers with them.  Nothing truly impressive but actually buying Nintendo carts for the first time in I'm not sure how long felt good.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1268 on: February 25, 2016, 06:58:30 AM »

Goofy cover, but I enjoy Ironsword.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1269 on: February 25, 2016, 01:22:51 PM »

Got this stuff from a Facebook Group that does local selling, $25:

Got a good price on it.  I didn't notice until I got home that the PS2 is a Gamestop Refurb.  Also, the Dreamcast and the Genesis didn't have the power supply. Sad  If someone has a spare lying around, please let me know.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:58:20 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #1270 on: February 25, 2016, 09:58:18 PM »

BIG BOX

Super pumped about that Nox in real good condition.

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1271 on: February 25, 2016, 11:50:22 PM »

@ shaggy - Dreamcast "power supply" is nothing special. You just need a cord that fits in there. You probably have one laying around somewhere. There is no transformer in other words, its just the cord.

I'm back with more games to post already!

But before I do, I have to say, in the short time since my last post you guys have got some Shining Force, Starpath nonsence, Colin McRae, NES games, a DS "game" I didn't know of, Dreamcast(!), and some awesome BIG boxes?! This is why everyone comes here, to look at all the fun stuff.

My wife, known for her shopping for deals prowess, bought all this for me. Normally she comes home with stories of how she found apple juice for 19 cents a gallon or chilli at 95% off the sale price, maybe she had coupons to get toothpaste for free, you know, boring junk like that. Yesterday she texted me at work saying she bought a bunch of games. Apparently Rite Aid was clearencing out games. I don't know if it was just that one or if it's all of them. But she found all these for a great deal. It also makes the most new games I've (we've) gotten at once.

Ignore the prices! They were something like 75% off sale price or something, so the prices shown are way off.

Some of these are going to be gifts, since we don't have a 3DS or a PS3, those are likely to be given to friends/family.

The Call of Duty Ghosts, we might try to return that, it didn't show up as on clearence on the reciept  :/      Excited to try Prototype 2, Omerta, Wreck it Ralph, Infinite Undiscovery and the LotR game (if I can borrow a 3DS)

So the moral of the story is, to get other people to be excited to buy games for you, then you can just sit back and watch the goodies roll in   laugh

I forgot to show this in my last post. Wife got me this for Valentines Day.

Apparently there are a few in the set:

Don't worry! I set it free!

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1272 on: February 26, 2016, 05:47:12 AM »

Kinda disturbing that Dr. Mario's car looks like a hearse.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1273 on: February 26, 2016, 07:08:21 AM »

I forgot to show this in my last post. Wife got me this for Valentines Day.

Apparently there are a few in the set:

I really want the whole set, but I doubt we'll get them over here... :'(

Don't worry! I set it free!
BAD! grrr

Kinda disturbing that Dr. Mario's car looks like a hearse.
Eh... Looks good though.

Anyway. One step closer to collecting all the Burnout games (excluding digital only games and variants)!

Now only missing:
Burnout (GameCube)
Burnout Revenge (XBOX and X360)
Burnout Paradise (X360)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1274 on: February 26, 2016, 09:42:47 AM »

BIG BOX

Super pumped about that Nox in real good condition.

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT POOL OF RADIANCE?!
...I own all of the books. Not sure if I have a copy of that particular game around the house though. Fantastic early D&D games.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length