RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:07:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 303 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1317910 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1815 on: July 20, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »

Hey now,

Grabbed this stack of CIB Japanese PlayStation games for $80:

- XI sai

- GunBarl (Point Blank)

- Kamaitachi no Yoru Tokubetsu-hen

- Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

- SD Gundam G Generation (PlayStation the Best)

- RPG Tsukuru 3 (PlayStation the Best)

- Tron ni Kobun - RockMan Dash Series (PlayStation The Best For Family)

- Atelier Elie: Salberg no Renkinjutsushi 2 (PlayStation the Best)

- Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo 2

- Bio Hazard (Resident Evil) Director's Cut

- Valkyrie Profile

- Metal Gear Solid

- Parasite Eve

...'Late
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1816 on: July 21, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »

@GamerNick: Yes. I bought it as a curiosity.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1817 on: July 21, 2016, 07:08:04 PM »

I picked up some cheap sports games for the cases, and got a good deal on a loose SoR3 while I was there:

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1818 on: July 22, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »

I finally found me one of those Hi-Def Genesis systems. This means I can play my classic Sega games in 1080p right? No cables, but it was only $12.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1819 on: July 22, 2016, 10:15:29 PM »

@SirPsycho: Looks like it needs a cleaning and you're all set for the HD Generation.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1820 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:13 AM »

It's all about 4k now, you need to write the word "Ultra" in front of "High Definition," then you'll be all set.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1821 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »

Most of these are from retrogamerjapan.com, from a $3 game sale which is still going on at the time of this post. Thank you Duke.Togo for the heads up.

Top row is Romancing Saga I and II cib. Second row is JESUS and Dragon Quest IV. Next row Slapstick (known as Robotrek in the US) and Godzilla. Finally Tales of Phantasia, FEDA: The Emblem of Justice, and Torneko's Dungeon.

Godzilla and Tales of Phantasia were from eBay. I had to grab Phantasia after Banana got his LOL.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1822 on: July 23, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »

Most of these are from retrogamerjapan.com, from a $3 game sale which is still going on at the time of this post. Thank you Duke.Togo for the heads up.

Top row is Romancing Saga I and II cib. Second row is JESUS and Dragon Quest IV. Next row Slapstick (known as Robotrek in the US) and Godzilla. Finally Tales of Phantasia, FEDA: The Emblem of Justice, and Torneko's Dungeon.

Godzilla and Tales of Phantasia were from eBay. I had to grab Phantasia after Banana got his LOL.

Congratulations. With your purchase of Tales of Phantasia, you've just bought the most annoying RPG ever. I hope you enjoy cheating to beat a game.

understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1823 on: July 23, 2016, 03:54:55 PM »

Not a bad day today at all. A little over $30 spent for a lot of cool stuff.

Can't wait to play Chulip.

This was a Facebook trade and I just want to say people that ship perfectly good Sega CD, Saturn, and PS1 long boxes in bubble mailers are monsters!

So disappointed, I even asked that he ship in a box the rat bastard. I guess I'm just going to stick to places like forums for trades from now on. FB doesn't seem to have many intelligent people on it.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1824 on: July 24, 2016, 10:48:45 AM »

Ugh. People that carelessly ship really suck.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1825 on: July 24, 2016, 04:58:12 PM »

Hey now,

This was a Facebook trade and I just want to say people that ship perfectly good Sega CD, Saturn, and PS1 long boxes in bubble mailers are monsters!

So disappointed, I even asked that he ship in a box the rat bastard. I guess I'm just going to stick to places like forums for trades from now on. FB doesn't seem to have many intelligent people on it.

Good grief, the guy put absolutely no thought into making sure the goods stayed in top condition during shipment. As an eBay power seller, I find this behavior downright appalling.

Speaking of cases:

- 60 new standard-width CD cases: gonna use these to replace my off-condition PS1, DreamCast, and PC game cases.

- CIB KotOR II, $1.99: You know what to do, Shadz.

- CIB Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey and Soul Divide: these were part of a trade/sale I made with MetalFRO a couple weeks ago.

...'Late
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1826 on: July 24, 2016, 11:11:03 PM »

Can confirm that the Memorex cases are the correct OEM replacement for Dreamcast titles.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1827 on: July 25, 2016, 06:12:35 AM »

Can confirm that the Memorex cases are the correct OEM replacement for Dreamcast titles.

If the Memorex cases weren't made of thinner plastic, I could swap out the spindle inserts from the old Sony cases, and most folks would be none the wiser.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1828 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:10 AM »

Yeah, I haven't figured out the manufacturer for the PSX cases.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1829 on: July 25, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »

Drove from Minneapolis to Chicago on Friday and stopped at a handful of places. Picked up all of this in various spots (though Rollerblade Racer is NES game #673 for me):

More amusingly, upon asking a store clerk what his Game Gear stuff was priced at, he offered me the store's entire stock for $20. And, well...

On a related note, why does it seem like 50% of all Game Gear games are Sonic 2? I know it was a pack-in game, but there were others, too. Sonic 2 is just freaking everywhere.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 303 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length