RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310878 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3075 on: March 11, 2018, 09:41:59 PM »

Zag getting INTV stuff was the signal for me to finally post my latest thingys...

NES game was $5 which I bought because I really haven't been working on the NES collection for awhile.

Zelda Four Swords was either $3 or 4, I've been trying to buy more 'important' games over the last year.

INTV game with no label was free because game store owner was just happy to have someone to talk INTV to and it was such a kind gift I couldn't turn him down.

Body Slam was $2 at a local thrift.

Defender and Centipede were from ebay and probably a little too much at around $17 including shipping but it was kinda a prize for myself after a big project and they just happened to be available when I finished the project. I think I'm down to around 45 games left to get in the INTV library.

Wife finally found these. They just haven't been available in this area until recently. Not really a good deal at $5 each though. Our dog is hiding in the picture.

I've always wanted one of these. It was at the thrift store I like to give money to, for $3 or something. It's not a real nice one but who knows? Maybe I'll use it as a template to make my own someday?

Found at a thrift for something like $5, though the Pokemon one was $4 of that  Roll Eyes   Got that one because the 7-year-old bought "me" that game on DS for my birthday. She gets to read it on her own to figure the game out.

This is an IDE to SD card converter. Used to change spinning harddrives on old PCs to a SD card. It's going into a machine that will be running Win 98 SE for old games and stuff (who am I kidding, there is no 'stuff,' just games). I actually tried to get 2 of these from a Chinese ebay seller last year, they never showed up, seller reshipped and those also never showed. They were cheaper and also attached to the back plate of the PC case so you didn't have to open it up to swap the SD card....This one was $11.50 or something from a US seller and actually showed up, so I've got that going for me.

Raspberry Pi 3 Cana kit for my birthday! It's running Raspian, (Linux) at the moment. Plan is to try and use it as a server for old PC games which I can leave on all the time and make it easy to link games over the network. It only uses something like 2 watts so leaving it on isn't an issue. Second plan if that doesn't work is to play old game roms on it, Pi cade or somthing. Third plan is to leave it as is and let 7-year-old do what she will with it. Actually, I took it on vacation and hooked it up to the TV in the hotel. It works pretty good just as a really cheap PC. It surfs the web fine and plays Youtube (not in HD though). Raspian comes with Office-like programs, I kinda think for certain people this would work fine as a cheap (~$55) complete PC.

I figured it was appropriate to picture it on the raspberry plants.

Kickstarter came through. Many of you probably know of this thing and I know some of you got one yourself. It cost $20 shipped from Kickstarter. And seems like a great, alternate, 3rd party N64 controller. I haven't actually used it yet but it feels pretty good, if a little light. There is a problem lots of people online are noting with the thumbstick bumping the left shoulder button when the button is pressed and joystick is in the upper left. Mine does that but it doesn't affect movement, it just touches enough to notice they are touching. I can't imagine it would affect gameplay. Retrofighters is fixing this for future controllers as well as offering either exchanges of the whole controller or letting you opt to just receive a replacement part to swap out yourself. I went for the replacement part as I'm guessing it's cheaper for them and I'll get a little collectors piece  Smiley

Sometimes we talk about Kickstarter on here and some of you don't care for it saying "why not wait until the thing comes out to buy?" I agree with that for software, with hardware though you often get enough bonuses to make it worth it. It could be a lower price, a unique item, something that just won't be available after the Kickstarter. I've Kickstarted a dozen things or so now. All but one was hardware and the software one was for an indie game company that I got way too much fun for the money on their first game. I got in on the Kickstarter for their second game to pay them back for all that fun, Kickstarter failed, I didn't pay anything, they still made the game and gave me a copy for free. Anyways, Kickstarter is all about the hardware, I tell my wife that if we won the lottery I'd develop a Kickstarter problem, I'd be getting hardware from there all the time   Wink

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3076 on: March 11, 2018, 10:09:42 PM »

I haven't really found much for a while...
"King of Route 66" (PS2):

A Super Mario Galaxy 2 strategy guide:

"Sylvester and Tweety: Breakfast on the Run" (GBC) and "Animaniacs: Lights, Camera, Action!" (GBA)

The GBC cartridge doesn't want to boot. The Nintendo logo reads fine then the Game Boy logo disappears then it just stays on a blank screen.
At least it was cheap.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:23:56 PM by mumboking » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3077 on: March 12, 2018, 08:25:07 AM »

The GBC cartridge doesn't want to boot. The Nintendo logo reads fine then the Game Boy logo disappears then it just stays on a blank screen.
At least it was cheap.

If you have a gamebit, take it apart and gently clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol.  Or if they're corroded, get some metal polish (like Brasso) and go over that (gently) with some soft paper towl, and then chase that with alcohol to make sure there's no residue.  That's how I clean all my carts.  I've resurrected many a cart that way.

Some awesome finds lately!

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3078 on: March 12, 2018, 11:03:30 AM »

Finds from the weekend.  Got really good deals on both Ultimate Muscle and Knights of the Round.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3079 on: March 12, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »

Finds from the weekend.  Got really good deals on both Ultimate Muscle and Knights of the Round.

Nice, Decap Attack!  I love that game.  Is Ultimate Muscle a more expensive game for GC?  I never heard of it.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3080 on: March 12, 2018, 12:22:34 PM »

Finds from the weekend.  Got really good deals on both Ultimate Muscle and Knights of the Round.

Nice, Decap Attack!  I love that game.  Is Ultimate Muscle a more expensive game for GC?  I never heard of it.

It's a GameCube exclusive but it was re-released with some changes (removed story, added characters I believe) for the PS2.  It's an uncommon game on the GC and has started going up recently as more people started to realize it.

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3081 on: March 12, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »

If you have a gamebit, take it apart and gently clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol.  Or if they're corroded, get some metal polish (like Brasso) and go over that (gently) with some soft paper towl, and then chase that with alcohol to make sure there's no residue.  That's how I clean all my carts.  I've resurrected many a cart that way.
I do have a gamebit in a screwdriver set, but unfortunately it's too wide to fit in the recessed part even though the screw size is correct.
The contacts are clean, so I assume there may be a broken solder joint on one of the chips. I have another GBC game that is like this too: "Mr. Nutz".
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3082 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:49 AM »

I do have a gamebit in a screwdriver set, but unfortunately it's too wide to fit in the recessed part even though the screw size is correct.
The contacts are clean, so I assume there may be a broken solder joint on one of the chips. I have another GBC game that is like this too: "Mr. Nutz".

There are 2 different sizes of game bits, in case you weren't aware.  I believe it's the smaller size you need for GB, NES, and Sega Genesis carts.  I'd check your game bit against a couple carts just to be sure.

@Bear78 - loving that Decap Attack!  One of my favorite Genesis games from childhood.  I played that game a ton.  Love the colorful graphics and awesome soundtrack.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3083 on: March 13, 2018, 11:40:50 AM »

@Bear78 - loving that Decap Attack!  One of my favorite Genesis games from childhood.  I played that game a ton.  Love the colorful graphics and awesome soundtrack.

Yep, I remember renting it back in the day.  Been looking for a nice copy for a while and this one is like new.  Didn't even need to clean it which is kind of rare these days lol.

mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3084 on: March 13, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »

There are 2 different sizes of game bits, in case you weren't aware.  I believe it's the smaller size you need for GB, NES, and Sega Genesis carts.  I'd check your game bit against a couple carts just to be sure.
I have both sizes, it's just that the metal is too thick to fit. Undecided The larger one fits Mega Drive cartridges just fine.
It's a Shinobii Console Toolkit. I've had it a long time now but never really tried opening a Game Boy game with it before:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:04:49 PM by mumboking » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3085 on: March 14, 2018, 08:30:37 AM »

Hmm, strange.  The game bit I've had has been sized right for GB carts and I've been opening and cleaning them for years.  I would suggest buying another one from a different manufacturer, because obviously, someone makes one that works with GB games.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3086 on: March 15, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »

From Goodwill for $7:

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
mumboking
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3087 on: March 15, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »

From Goodwill for $7:
And to think it originally cost $100 (according to Wikipedia).

"Multi Racing Championship" (N64)

"The Orange Box" (PS3)

DS lite case.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:41:29 PM by mumboking » Logged
one string
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3088 on: March 17, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

So it's not the best PS2 game in the world (Metacritic score 74%) but it's not the worst, and it's an RPG, my favoured genre.
Got "Summoner" today for 50p (US 70 cents). Complete in box, pretty good condition for the price.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3089 on: March 17, 2018, 08:59:31 PM »

Some flea market pickups.  So excited to find the Donkey Kong for 2 bucks.

Second picture is a mail call. Been wanting to pick up Mega Man for years.  It will look good next to my Mega Man 2, 3 and 4 boxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length