RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:02:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311430 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3105 on: April 02, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »

Picked up the 2 Wai Wai World games from a local independent game store on Friday:

and then on Saturday, Vintage Stock was having a buy 2 get 1 sale so I picked up these:

I was really surprised to see TG16 games even if they are not the best.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3106 on: April 02, 2018, 10:36:23 AM »

Latest pickups, and a couple fun arrivals by mail  leo

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3107 on: April 05, 2018, 06:41:40 PM »

I just got this in the mail today. Took forever to get here.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3108 on: April 05, 2018, 07:45:40 PM »

First disk system game, now I need the system.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3109 on: April 05, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »

Welcome to the FDS club, douglie.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3110 on: April 06, 2018, 10:28:30 AM »

Got the last physical Housemarque PS4 game I needed.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3111 on: April 07, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »

Thanks! If you have any suggestions of good games that don't cost too much let me know.  I want to get the system and make sure I get it working before I  buy more.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3112 on: April 08, 2018, 01:56:14 AM »

Got this off eBay for 13 US Dollars.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3113 on: April 08, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »

Thanks! If you have any suggestions of good games that don't cost too much let me know.  I want to get the system and make sure I get it working before I  buy more.

My recommendation is to get an FDSStick and try them out before you buy. FDSStick is cheap, and it lets you explore some oddities. Personal recommendations are the Metroid, Kid Icarus, Castlevania I & II simply for the save slots, and differences in music (except CV I). I'm a big fan of 8-bit sound though, so getting these again were cool for me.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3114 on: April 08, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »

The local Cowlitz Gamers for Kids show happened. I'll tell you the story in picture form...but with words too.

Highlight of the show is seeing people we know (wife and I go together). Fokakis is a pretty big deal but he lets us hang out with him at the show, we even got to all go to lunch together. The restaurant we've gone to the last couple years let's people play free-form Scrabble on the booth walls. I'm sure it's always polite words. I won't bore you with food pictures but it was yummy.

This was at the show, wife saw it and thought it was wild so I took a picture. I still don't know what it is.

I bought a couple games from a booth and a lady who was helping out for the day showed me this. She wasn't a game seller and thought that it pretty wild it was worth so much. I agreed. We agreed with each other for several minutes before I asked to take a picture. The cart was $1200. The box was also $1200 but I talked to a notable big collector later and he said it was actually for him at a lower price, so they just had it out to show off I guess?

Here is stuff I bought. This wasn't actually at the show but at a local game store, across the street from the lunch place with the Scabble wall. I know the seller from years of going to these things. He let us root around in his back room for awhile going though his bins of games he keeps in tubs. I should have bought more. This was all $30 but $15 of it was Psycho Fox which Fokakis made me buy  Tongue  Looking at eBay later, I think that's a good price. Other stuff is just filler and cables I think I need for collector reasons.

The Nintendo games were from the show, Super ScribbleNauts and Kingdom Hearts are for our nephew, Animal Crossing for the wife and the 7-year-old too I guess. Mark of Kri was actually from a store I went to later. I think those prices on the stickers are what I paid? Animal Crossing was $15? Maybe?

I bought Delta Force 2 on laser disc for $5, we watched it already. Not in widescreen   Sad   Doesn't say the aspect ratio on the sleeve anywhere.

The rest of the toys were pretty much just given to us by friendly vendors, so that was fun.

Had to pick up some more Skylanders for the 7-year-old. She already put them on the shelf with the others and I didn't remember which ones we had gotten. Turns out it's the two dragons and the ship.

Then the 7-year-old tells me this week we needed some Skylanders Giants, not knowing what that was exactly but since it seemed to fit in my quest of filling out the collection with needed parts, I got one. It was from a local game store and came pretty complete with the 360 starter kit. She's been playing it on 3DS so we've got a new console to play it on now too. Oh, and I'm not spoiling her, we needed it.

So you're probably asking "where's all the games?" Well, I saw this right after walking into the show and paid the big bucks for it. Star Wars Trilogy Definitive Collection on laser disc. The best version of the UN-edited movies released. It wasn't a good deal or anything, $70 which is about what it goes for on eBay all the time. This was a case of something I've wanted for the laser disc collection for a long time, a centerpiece if you will. It was there in front of me, and complete. Just what I wanted. I'm not a huge SW fan, I certainly enjoy the movies, but this is more about having an important laser disc item than anything. There are the three movies, special features, a program guide of sorts and a pretty good sized coffee table book on the making of the movies. It's really that book that makes the price so high, it's much cheaper to buy the discs by themselves. And now, unless Disney re-releases the original movies in original form, this is the only way to watch them.

Got these at Cowlitz too. I've been trying to go back to NES collecting even though it's so expensive now. A game or two every now and then won't hurt. Also, it's a chance to take another picture with the field background. Hopefully I'll be buying enough games that you can see it change throughout the year.

We decided to add something to the restaurant wall before we left.

Here's the best video I could find showing what Cowlitz was like. Taking pictures and video at these things can be hard, lighting is often poor for camera work. Most of the time they play music over the pa which YT will take down for copy write nonsense. This is a borther-sister team, I've watched them before since they go to the same shows I do. I've seen them in person but not met them. I'll start you were they actually enter the show floor, if you're patient you can see some prices and the sort of thing that was available:

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3115 on: April 09, 2018, 08:20:26 AM »

Looks like you had a fun time!  Loving that SW LaserDisc boxset, very cool.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3116 on: April 09, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »

I've got that same SW laserdisc set. It's great!

bsr241
N-Gage
Awards: 2014 RFGeneation Atari Activision King

Stats
« Reply #3117 on: April 15, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »

I went to a fundraising rummage sale for my nephew's boy scout troop Saturday. Pickup up a 3 way console switch for 50 cents. There was a box of wall warts with a free tag on it so I did some digging. Found a game boy color adapter on top of the pile. Down at the bottom there was a sega cdx adapter. Gave them a couple of dollars for everything and went home to find they worked. Nice to have an official power supply for my cdx.   Cheesy
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3118 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:53 AM »

I went to a fundraising rummage sale for my nephew's boy scout troop Saturday. Pickup up a 3 way console switch for 50 cents. There was a box of wall warts with a free tag on it so I did some digging. Found a game boy color adapter on top of the pile. Down at the bottom there was a sega cdx adapter. Gave them a couple of dollars for everything and went home to find they worked. Nice to have an official power supply for my cdx.   Cheesy

That's a heck of a find!

Here are my latest pickups & arrivals:

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3119 on: April 16, 2018, 09:26:21 AM »

Had an awesome time at Midwest Gaming Classic again this year! The new venue was great and really helped with the crowd. Saw a TON of TG16 games and a lot of other really rare stuff. I didn't have any "big" purchases but did pick up a lot of good stuff. Got Jon St. John to sign by Duke Nukem box and I found a CIB copy of A Boy and his Blob and was able to get it signed by David Crane and Garry Kitchen. Besides the vendor hall, spent a lot of time on the new Iron Maiden pinball which was a lot of fun.

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length