RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310930 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3180 on: June 27, 2018, 06:51:43 AM »

Got a surprise package in the mail a few days back. Apparently it showed up earlier than that, but my angry wife hid it from me for a while. You see money is tight at the moment and we are on a self imposed spending freeze. When my wife found a package in the mail and under the custom's declaration she saw "Mega Man" and she assumed I had broken our agreement and purchased myself some Mega Man memorabilia...... So Zagnorch put me in the dog house for a few days and I didn't even know it!

Seriously though, thanks so much. Rich actually picked me up this exact same "derpy Mega Man" doll and presented it to me at RWX last year. I'm now somehow the proud owner of 2 derpy Mega Men! Where are you guys buying these? They are so ridiculous and apparently made in Canada, but I've never seen one for sale anywhere. Thanks for the thoughtful gift and my wife and I have smoothed things out now Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3181 on: June 28, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »

Hey now,

[...]

I receive a text. Huh... I don't remember buying anything from America...

Oh! We were wondering if the 'Norch had forgotten. Apparently not! Smiley

What is that writing on the note? 3PW2S Huh

Nice wrapping. Tongue

Now for the items!:

Thank you Zagnorch! Cheesy

Only took me a year and a half to finally get off my duff and send it your way.

Speaking of belated gifts crossing international borders:

Got a surprise package in the mail a few days back. Apparently it showed up earlier than that, but my angry wife hid it from me for a while. You see money is tight at the moment and we are on a self imposed spending freeze. When my wife found a package in the mail and under the custom's declaration she saw "Mega Man" and she assumed I had broken our agreement and purchased myself some Mega Man memorabilia...... So Zagnorch put me in the dog house for a few days and I didn't even know it!

Seriously though, thanks so much. Rich actually picked me up this exact same "derpy Mega Man" doll and presented it to me at RWX last year. I'm now somehow the proud owner of 2 derpy Mega Men! Where are you guys buying these? They are so ridiculous and apparently made in Canada, but I've never seen one for sale anywhere. Thanks for the thoughtful gift and my wife and I have smoothed things out now Wink

I considered PMing you about my little gift, but I wanted it to be as big a surprise as possible. And boy, was it ever... albeit not in the way I'd intended; my apologies for that. BTW you're welcome to crash on the couch at the Zagnorch Ponderosa the next time you experience a little, er, domestic tension...

...that is, until I noticed that you DE-modified the Mega Man figurine and backdrop Angry.

Also, feel free to pay it forward with my Beakeresque Mega Man plush, if you like.

ANYway, it's been quite a while since my last small score, so I figured I'd get you all caught up. Keeping with my massive TransFormers fever that has yet to break, I picked up a CIB copy of the Ocean C64 game on cassette... as well as several lapel pins to subtly show off my fandom at work:

I also finally pulled the trigger of my Auto-9, and grabbed the plastic-boxed RoboCop vs. The Terminator for SNES, as well as for Game Gear and a few RoboCop & Terminator tchochkes:

Shown below the Robogun water pistol ("Wet or dry, you're coming with me") are a few more lapel pins & buttons, and a 1/6-scale Auto-9 with working slide and removable magazine. I'll probably have one of my larger TransFormers wielding it in a future toy-scores shoot.

Aaaaand that's it for now. Until next time...

...'Late
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3182 on: June 29, 2018, 01:27:58 AM »

I did not know the SNES version of Robocop Versus Terminator came in a plastic box.  Thanks for the info, Zag!

This is a bit premature, but I just ordered an NES Classic and TWO extra NES Classic controllers from Best Buy.  The dream is now a reality.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3183 on: July 02, 2018, 08:37:52 AM »

Those Transformers pins are pretty awesome. Is the Robogun just a toy replica of Robocop's sidearm?

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3184 on: July 08, 2018, 03:59:29 AM »

I wish more SNES games would've came out with plastic cases like that.

BTW its been awhile since a post or really finds. Here is what I got from the thrifts today. Knocked another From Software game off the list with Cookie and Cream.

Hope everyone is well!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3185 on: July 08, 2018, 03:33:28 PM »

Been waiting a while so I could make a worthwhile post, but there's not much to be found around here currently...

Diddy Kong Racing (N64) and a MadCatz PS2 Memory Card:

DKR was £20, but it is in good condition and has the manual, precautions leaflet, registration card, and promo poster.

A PS2 cheat disc and a PS2 demo disc:
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3186 on: July 09, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »

Latest finds!  First off, I took advantage of the Vintage Stock 4th of July sale and got Commando on the DS for an incredible price of free!

Next up, I got the CD sampler that goes with Comix Zone (and is always missing) in the mail.  Unfortunately someone cut the cardboard case in half to put it in a jewel case but it will do for now and my copy of Comix Zone is complete.

And lastly, some pick ups from a toy show yesterday.  Slowly working on the GB Mega Man games.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3187 on: July 09, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »

Next up, I got the CD sampler that goes with Comix Zone (and is always missing) in the mail.  Unfortunately someone cut the cardboard case in half to put it in a jewel case but it will do for now and my copy of Comix Zone is complete.

"No More Love" by God Lives Underwater - best song on that compilation!

Great scores, though!

@Fokakis79 - Good scores for you as well! I know both Champions and Baldur's Gate II are a touch more expensive than the average PS2 game, so those are good finds in a thrift store to save a few bucks Smiley

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3188 on: July 09, 2018, 09:43:25 PM »

Picked up a few things.  Got this from HPB for $3.  I'm surprised I didn't have this already:

Got this for $25 from Amazon:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:45:08 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3189 on: July 10, 2018, 02:50:41 AM »

@Metalfro, Wow God Lives Underwater brings me back to some memories of my high school days! Thanks! BGII is missing the manual but I already have a copy so I am going to try and flip it for something I don't.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3190 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:25 AM »

I have had this in my possession for awhile now, but It took me awhile to get it paid off, so I didnt want to share it until it was completely mine.

Holy Grail by Michael Rancourt, on Flickr

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3191 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:32 AM »

Nice! A very clean label, to boot!

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3192 on: July 12, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »

I have had this in my possession for awhile now, but It took me awhile to get it paid off, so I didnt want to share it until it was completely mine.

Awesome!

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3193 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:58 AM »

@EngineerMike: Congrats! How close are you to the fullset?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3194 on: July 12, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »

Holy Grail by Michael Rancourt, on Flickr

Woah! Congratulations!

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length