RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:46:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311078 times)
ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3330 on: October 26, 2018, 01:12:47 PM »

Retro game con is coming up next week. I plan on buying some thing and ill post them here when I do
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3331 on: October 26, 2018, 10:15:05 PM »

Whoo! Stunt Race FX! Grin
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3332 on: October 27, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »

Any good?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3333 on: October 27, 2018, 02:36:15 PM »

Only 36 more to go!

Is your collection up to date, I'll see if I have any you need.

Got anything for me  Douglie007?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3334 on: October 27, 2018, 02:48:24 PM »

I like it, despite the low frame rate. One of the games I grew up with.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3335 on: October 27, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »

There's a lot of mini-arcades and TV games flooding Wal-Marts near me, so I picked up a few.

I've been meaning to get this for a while to get Bosconian and try the Pac-Man "level 256".  I figured this model would soon be retired because now most TV games are single-game units, and I seem to be right.  While my local Wal-Mart had this unit in stock, it wasn't on the shelf.  I was told that Wal-Marts are pulling down old product as they revamp their video game section.

I also got one of these while I was at Wal-Mart.  I actually really like the Fix-It Felix Jr. game, so this was far more attractive than the other models that feature the NES ports of various arcade games.  If you want one for yourself, a word of advice.  They are in the toy section, not the electronics section.

I didn't buy this, but I figured I'd mention it.  This is a "pink aisle" mini arcade cabinet.  It was about the right size to be a piece of doll furniture for Barbie-sized dolls, and it actually has a playable game on it.  It appears to be some sort of hack of a Gradius game.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3336 on: October 27, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »

I also got one of these while I was at Wal-Mart.  I actually really like the Fix-It Felix Jr. game, so this was far more attractive than the other models that feature the NES ports of various arcade games.
my store didn’t have one. Sad not surprised though as my store can’t seem to move the initial stock of these they got in. They’re also just bad at stocking in general...
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3337 on: October 27, 2018, 05:50:29 PM »

my store didn’t have one. Sad not surprised though as my store can’t seem to move the initial stock of these they got in. They’re also just bad at stocking in general...

These seem to be quite popular, but from what I've seen, Wal-Marts seem to stock 2 per store.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3338 on: October 27, 2018, 11:34:53 PM »

Quote from: Ikariniku
I didn't buy this, but I figured I'd mention it.  This is a "pink aisle" mini arcade cabinet.  It was about the right size to be a piece of doll furniture for Barbie-sized dolls, and it actually has a playable game on it.  It appears to be some sort of hack of a Gradius game.

My wife informs me, the "my life" series is a Walmart brand for 18 inch sized dolls, such as the 'American Girl Dolls.' It's too big for Barbie she says.

I'm sure you all needed to know that.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3339 on: October 28, 2018, 02:05:09 AM »

Only 36 more to go!

Is your collection up to date, I'll see if I have any you need.

Got anything for me  Douglie007?
Nothing that you don't already have. Sorry

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3340 on: October 28, 2018, 11:57:07 PM »

Hey now!

Take a gander at my latest batch of vidya scores:

Just under $7 for these three.

I also picked up a few gaming books, both of the vidya and non-vidya kind:

Oh, and here's the store shelf where I found Smartbomb and the DC Heroes books:

A subliminal value judgment by the store owners? Or am I... reading too much into it?

And now, a little something that is sure to get everyone's favorite Scooby-snack-obsessed cheddarhead all hot & bothered:

Ruh-roh.

That's three complete & boxed chess computers, two of which have never been used! Heck, one of 'em had a bit of gift-wrapping still stuck to it:

Aaaand that's it for now...

...'Late

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3341 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »

I need that Fix it Felix cab!

Some recent things from the other side of the pond. Gunhound EX which is a Assault Suit Leynos type game which only got a physical release in Japan. The digital version just got removed from all platforms so this is the only way to play it now. Also, SWIV which is a European exclusive shmup.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3342 on: October 29, 2018, 11:22:19 AM »

I was unaware of the GBC version of SWIV - gotta get on that! Also, nice grab on Gunhound EX. I need to grab that one as well, while it's still inexpensive to do so.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3343 on: October 29, 2018, 01:18:16 PM »

I was unaware of the GBC version of SWIV - gotta get on that! Also, nice grab on Gunhound EX. I need to grab that one as well, while it's still inexpensive to do so.

That was my thoughts exactly on Gunhound.  I had heard about it but hadn't put in the effort to pick it up then I heard it was getting de-listed on all platforms and figured I'd better pick it up before it went up in price.  The listing for mine was actually for a used copy so when it arrived sealed that was a nice surprise. 

SWIV is a bit uncommon but it didn't take too long for a reasonably priced one to pop up on ebay.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3344 on: October 30, 2018, 12:48:30 AM »

Post-con, pre-Black Friday pickups. Thank you once again RFGen for the carts. Big tip for anyone looking for just the box to complete a game: eBay has phone notifications for saved searches. I got all of the N64 boxes for 10-20 bucks like that.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length