RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:48:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1310918 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3405 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:15 AM »

Here's some stuff from various countries I got in the last couple of days.  Really excited I still got the book with Ketsui even though I didn't pre-order it.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3406 on: December 20, 2018, 11:17:37 AM »

Ha! Your pickups looking a tad like mine. I also got the booklet with my Ketsui, and the fun sucker thing with Ice Cream Surfer. I'll have a great December pickups video to show you all later!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3407 on: December 22, 2018, 12:47:01 AM »

Hey now! It's showtime once again:

[/img]

- Sealed Forza 5 Day One 2013 for X-Bone, $2.99

- CIB Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition for Nintendo Switch: Part of a trade I made a few days back.

- CIB Patapon 3 for PSP: the other part of the aforementioned trade.

- CIB Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, sealed Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, and CIB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for PS2, $2.49 each

- Sega Pico with box for $9.79! Fun fact: if you take two Pico consoles and connect them to the end of a nice long sturdy handle, you 'll have yourself a surprisingly effective melee weapon!

But don't take my word for it, just ask Sonic's scariest stalker:

Hey, wait a minute.

Ummm... moving on:

- CIB My Arcade Retro Machine mini-cabinet dealie, $3.15

- Teal Game Boy Color with Spider-Man 2 The Sinister Six cart, $5.99

Aaaand finally:

For $24.99 $19.99 plus tax, I picked up this clear red Nintendo 64 console...

... straight outta Nihon.

Until next time...

...'Late
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3408 on: December 22, 2018, 03:29:34 PM »

Here is a few pick ups of mine:

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3409 on: December 22, 2018, 03:35:06 PM »

Start studying those manuals to prep for the 2019 NES challenge!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3410 on: December 22, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »

I'm jealous of those deals Zagnorch has been getting... The N64 even has it's memory expansion cover in place!
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3411 on: December 23, 2018, 12:29:34 AM »

Worked out a deal for like $80ish worth of Wii games I didn't have for $45 on Facebook (Mario Galaxy 1+2,  New Super Maros Wii, and Brawl being the major highlights) that I've been told are all in mint condition so I'm gonna go pick them up in the morning.

Those major Wii titles are hard to come by locally around these parts so I'm glad to get those glaring gaps in my collection filled for a good chunk under retail and in a personal sale where I can actually confirm the condition before making the exchange.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3412 on: December 23, 2018, 01:47:15 AM »

I'm jealous of those deals Zagnorch has been getting... The N64 even has it's memory expansion cover in place!

Sadly, it didn't include a memory expansion pack... or a corresponding clear red controller. However, I think I can use a North American controller and expansion pack, so no worries there. In fact, I think I can play my NTSC games on this machine, so long as I can get past the difference between the notching of NTSC N64 carts and that of JPN carts. Our very own Blklblskt did a blog about this very thing several years back:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...NTSC-Nintendo-64-1727.php

However, I'm hoping I don't have to go so far as to mod the console. Gonna see if my N64 GameShark will be an adequate pass-through...

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3413 on: December 23, 2018, 01:09:42 PM »

Here's the damage for $45 (the guy was another collector, apparently but more into Nintendo 64)

Mario Galaxy: 1+2: CIB
Metroid Other M: CIB
Worms (this one he threw in as a bonus): CIB

Brawl: paperwork but no manual
Harvest Moon Magical Melody: No manual
Mario Bros Wii: No manual

I paid well under retail even with the missing books (which I can likely easily replace and still be under at $8 per game) so I can't complain.

Edit: Brawl was the one I was most concerned about the missing manual in (it's most valuable thing in the lot at $15-$20 retail and the one I wanted the most) and a seller with good feedback has a manual for $6 shipped so I ordered

That still puts me at $14 for the game and if it's fake I can always contest it with Ebay.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 01:17:39 PM by shoboni » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3414 on: December 23, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »

Start studying those manuals to prep for the 2019 NES challenge!!

I plan on it Wink

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3415 on: December 23, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »

Here's the damage for $45 (the guy was another collector, apparently but more into Nintendo 64)

Mario Galaxy: 1+2: CIB
Metroid Other M: CIB
Worms (this one he threw in as a bonus): CIB

Brawl: paperwork but no manual
Harvest Moon Magical Melody: No manual
Mario Bros Wii: No manual

I paid well under retail even with the missing books (which I can likely easily replace and still be under at $8 per game) so I can't complain.

Edit: Brawl was the one I was most concerned about the missing manual in (it's most valuable thing in the lot at $15-$20 retail and the one I wanted the most) and a seller with good feedback has a manual for $6 shipped so I ordered

That still puts me at $14 for the game and if it's fake I can always contest it with Ebay.

That's a great find!

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3416 on: December 23, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »

That's a great Wii lot!! I know Other M isn't beloved, but I liked it. If you haven't played those Mario games yet you're in for a treat. They are all fantastic

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3417 on: December 23, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »

That's a great Wii lot!! I know Other M isn't beloved, but I liked it. If you haven't played those Mario games yet you're in for a treat. They are all fantastic

I've actually never gotten my hands on a Mario Wii game around here unless you count Super Paper Mario so that's one of things I was really excited for in this lot.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3418 on: December 24, 2018, 12:03:05 AM »

Got this in the mail today

This is something I had no idea was even produced until I saw it for $45 with Prime Shipping on Amazon and it's oddly a lot more extravagant than the Sonic Mania record with two full discs and and a lyrics sheet that has artwork on the front.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3419 on: December 24, 2018, 03:59:51 AM »

Early Christmas at my house this year! A local collector acquaintance I've dealt with many times in the past scored this at a thrift store in town recently and passed on a decent deal to me. I havn't had a chance to sit down and clean it up yet, but I should be able to pretty it up a bit more before it hits my collection shelf. It's been a huge month full of Atlus pick ups for me. Makes 2019 feel like I can maybe finish up my Atlus collection to the point I'd only have to keep up with the current releases!

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length