RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:57:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 4! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 302 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 4!  (Read 1311126 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3810 on: November 04, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »

Next game has a bit of a strange story. From what I understand this was up on digital store fronts and this physical copy was printed and ready to go out for the European market when the devs got hit with a lawsuit for using assets from another game. The digital version got pulled from all stores and the physical release went unreleased. A few copies leaked out hear and there but no official release. The dev has since been bought out and absorbed into another company and it looks like the copies that were made got purchased by some wholesalers in the UK. The game remains delisted on digital store fronts and I kind of doubt it will go back up. It's supposed to be an ok action RPG (think Bauldar's Gate Dark Alliance) and it was cheap enough that I took a shot. It's an interesting oddity for the PS4 collection.
Thanks for sharing this, it's a neat story and I picked up a copy too because of it.

No problem!  I'm just speculative enough to order it even if it's just an ok game.  If it becomes rare, awesome, if not, eh, it's a neat oddity.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3811 on: November 11, 2019, 09:26:09 AM »

Went by a Vintage Toy Show yesterday and while there wasn't much game wise (wasn't expecting there to be) I did grab this Gameboy lot with the real jewel being Ninja Taro with the manual!

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3812 on: November 11, 2019, 10:33:14 AM »

Went by a Vintage Toy Show yesterday and while there wasn't much game wise (wasn't expecting there to be) I did grab this Gameboy lot with the real jewel being Ninja Taro with the manual!

AWWW NHL 95 for GB, been on the lookout for that one!  I know 94 is the more beloved game but I really like 95, plus my Rangers were on the cover.  I'd love to grab a boxed copy at some point.  Nice score!

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3813 on: November 12, 2019, 11:46:59 AM »

Nice grab on Ninja Taro, Bear78! I grabbed that a few months ago, and had to spend quite a bit to get it. With the manual is a real nice find.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3814 on: November 13, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »

Picked up another TarJay-salvage gem at Goodwill earlier this morning:

Aside from the torn wrapper, this bad boy is brandy new, and set me back this much:

-'Late
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3815 on: November 13, 2019, 10:31:56 PM »

So it's been awhile since I've posted my finds so I have a few goodies!

First up is this Facebook Find:

Paid $15 for it all.  Sadly, Donkey Kong and Lord of the Rings didn't have the manual.  Donkey Kong is available if someone is interested!

Next, is this:

I got RE2 as a gift, and Brain Lord from Ebay for $50, CIB with the weapon poster.

The game, manual, and poster are in pristine condition.

Got great deals on these from Half Price Books especially Metal Gear:

Paid $15 for Metal Gear and $7.50 for Mickey mouse as I had a 50% off coupon.  To top it off, I think Metal Gear was priced at the loose price.

And last but certainly not least, I picked this up from Offer Up for a great price:

Paid $83 for this and puts me at only 22 more games needed for the whole SMS set.  I wish it had the box but I had to jump on this.  I have a question, though.  Anyone who has the manual for this game, can you check it to see if it is a paper manual?  Every other Master System game I have isn't paper.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 10:34:23 PM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3816 on: November 14, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »

Finally got a bat to go with my ball.

The bat was $4 at a local retro shop.  Always glad to pick up these classic joysticks at a low price.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3817 on: November 16, 2019, 01:18:37 PM »

It’s been a little bit sense I’ve posted my pickups. But I recently started collecting for the NES.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3818 on: November 16, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »

Starting your collection now is a feat worthy of respect.  Some great games in there.  I really like that you have a grey cart Legend of Zelda and a gold cart Adventures of Link.

Edit:  The boxed Action Set is nothing to sneeze at, either.  I got mine in 1988 (or so) and never looked back.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 01:33:30 PM by Ikariniku » Logged

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3819 on: November 17, 2019, 06:28:58 AM »

Starting your collection now is a feat worthy of respect.  Some great games in there.  I really like that you have a grey cart Legend of Zelda and a gold cart Adventures of Link.

Edit:  The boxed Action Set is nothing to sneeze at, either.  I got mine in 1988 (or so) and never looked back.

Thanks Ikariniku! Ive been trying to get back into NES collecting after selling of my stuff back in college. A good chunk of the loose carts I picked up locally at thrift/second hand stores. The rest I picked up in lots/bundles of of eBay. Speaking of which, I also picked these up in a few different lots.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3820 on: November 17, 2019, 06:36:54 PM »

@Shaggy - Great pick up on Golden Axe Warrior! That's quite high on my wishlist.

@Mr_Stubbes - Awesome NES pick ups! Really good start to the collection. I like the PS longboxes as well, they look great.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3821 on: November 17, 2019, 06:38:47 PM »

Thanks Ikariniku! Ive been trying to get back into NES collecting after selling of my stuff back in college. A good chunk of the loose carts I picked up locally at thrift/second hand stores. The rest I picked up in lots/bundles of of eBay. Speaking of which, I also picked these up in a few different lots.

I have a number of NES boxes and manuals I'd be willing to sell if you're looking to collect boxed.  I have far fewer NES game doubles, but they're also up for grabs (theoretically, if I ever updated my for sale thread).

Modern games this time, but a sweet score nonetheless.

There are two of the Kingdom Hearts Deluxe Walmart Editions.  A very respectable haul.  Very glad to get Mega Man 11 at $10

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3822 on: November 17, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »

Wow! Those prices are killer!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3823 on: November 18, 2019, 12:11:21 AM »

Nice haul Ikariniku. Can confirm Walmart goes apeshit with mark-downs once in a while when electronics associates are told to indiscriminately move stock. I'm yet to see anything that good though. I kind of wanna switch to there but they always end up pulling general merch people everywhere and it's not worth it. Roll Eyes
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3824 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:58 AM »

Sharp eyes will get you some nutso deals in the Walmarts near me.  I just missed getting Paper Mario Color Splash for $11 last week because some guy got there before me and was buying every copy.

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 302 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length