RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:30:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What do you use when searching for needed games? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What do you use when searching for needed games?  (Read 3531 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »

So I have a question, what do you use when searching for games you need while shopping?  I have been using my phone to access my collection on here which seems to have become cumbersome and takes some time to load.  In the meantime, while it is loading someone grabs a game I need.  I'm trying to find an easier and quicker way to find games I need for my collection.  RF Generation used to have game checklists for each system but I can't find them on the site any more.  So what do you use to make it easier to find games you need while shopping?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »

Top of your screen
Tools -> Collection Checklists

Not sure on their quality. I haven't used them in ages.
Since i'm hunting down MK stuff exclusively i just pull up my WTB forum post when i need to check something.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:14:53 AM »

Use your wishlist. If you don't keep too much in there it is really easy to access. The checklists are actually pretty good as well I think. It makes it handy if you are happy carrying some paper around with you.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »

i've spent nearly the last 2 months working on a massive WTB list that i plan on printing off and carrying with me everywhere. it takes a ton of work to make a very complete one, but if you've got the time and motivation it's totally worth the effort.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »

Top of your screen
Tools -> Collection Checklists

Not sure on their quality. I haven't used them in ages.
Since i'm hunting down MK stuff exclusively i just pull up my WTB forum post when i need to check something.

I looked there and didn't see it LOL.  If I recall correctly they were in a different spot.  The checklists are even different this time around.  The old ones you could checkmark cart, box, and manual for each item.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »

Use your wishlist. If you don't keep too much in there it is really easy to access. The checklists are actually pretty good as well I think. It makes it handy if you are happy carrying some paper around with you.

That is actually not a bad idea.  I'm to the point where my NES needs are much less than what I have.

SMS set complete!
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 11:39:53 PM »

I bought all those puregaming.org apps through the appstore on my Iphone.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 07:34:13 AM »

Do you have the rfgen app downloaded on your phone? It works very well and doesn't need to connect unless you havn't refreshed it since you added stuff. No waiting at all!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 09:47:31 AM »

Can't recommend it enough. Super fast loading. You could even keep your wishlist here and the phone will pick it up, so you can scan your wishlist while you shop.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »

We can easily port it to Windows/WP using Project Astoria, if we can remove the Google Play functionality (if there is any in the app).
...just need to wait for it to "officially" release.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »

[img width=250 height=250]http://i.myniceprofile.com/1497/149728.jpg[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »

Not sure if every phone has a similar feature (though I'm sure one can be found for free), but I use the "Notes" app that came on my iPhone. I have a short list of games that I am really interested in having, and since the app doesn't require the Internet, it pulls up quick. I order the games by system with the name of the system up top and scroll as I move to the different game sections of the store. I even keep lists of games I know others are looking for.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »

Windows Phones have the same thing built in.
I use it to keep track of my work hours and whatnot.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »

I mostly have a "short list" in my head, but yeah, I access the RFGen site on my phone most of the time, despite the time it takes.  It would be nice if the RFGen app could be ported over to IOS, because that would be even more convenient  Grin

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 10:50:17 PM »

Do you have the rfgen app downloaded on your phone? It works very well and doesn't need to connect unless you havn't refreshed it since you added stuff. No waiting at all!!

Not on Apple, Amazon, or Microsoft phones, though.....

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length