RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:27:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Castlevania: Bloodlines - Retro Playthrough - October 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Castlevania: Bloodlines - Retro Playthrough - October 2015  (Read 19023 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 16, 2015, 06:16:15 AM »

The story of Castlevania Bloodlines concerns a legendary vampire named Elizabeth Bartley who is Dracula's niece, suddenly appearing in the 20th century. Plotting a sacrificial war in order to bring her uncle back to life, she orchestrates the beginning of World War I. Quincy Morris' son, John, and his best friend Eric Lecarde, vow to take up the fight against evil. Together they manage to prevent Dracula's full resurrection.

ONLY SEGA GENESIS CASTLEVANIA GAME

CHECKPOINTS
Coming soon

PARTICIPANTS:
Disposed Hero
ericeskapade
FatherJack
Fleach
Ikariniku
MetalFRO
russlyman
singlebanana
wildbil52

ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Beat the game on normal mode
2. Beat the game on expert mode for special ending
2. Beat the game with John Morris & Eric Lecarde
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:52:52 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »

I'm definitely in for this.  I've had the Bloodlines cart for years, but haven't seriously attacked it to see if I could get very far.  I need to scratch this one off the backlog list!!!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

I'm definitely in for this.  I've had the Bloodlines cart for years, but haven't seriously attacked it to see if I could get very far.  I need to scratch this one off the backlog list!!!

Awesome!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »

I soooooooooooo want to play this as I never have and surprisingly I have a complete copy.  Unfortunately, I don't have the Genesis hooked up.  And before anyone says to hook it up, I don't have the Genesis at home. Sad

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »

Count me in for this.  I love the classic Castlevania games, and Bloodlines is one that I have very little experience with.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:11:10 AM »

I'm probably going to go ahead and fire this one up a little early. With RWX coming soon, I want to make sure that this is one I finish. The good thing about Bloodlines is that there is a password system and you get one after every level.  I'm not sure yet if Floyd is going to want to do checkpoints, or if it will be play at your own speed. Any preferences?

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 10:25:23 AM »

A friend at the game store ended up finding a copy for me....,. for FREE! super stoked. Can't wait to play this one. I will def be doing some Live streaming of this on my YouTube channel and I'll do a Lets Play as well. Kinda Like a first thoughts and impressions on it

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 10:56:21 AM »

A friend at the game store ended up finding a copy for me....,. for FREE! super stoked. Can't wait to play this one. I will def be doing some Live streaming of this on my YouTube channel and I'll do a Lets Play as well. Kinda Like a first thoughts and impressions on it

That's awesome Russ!  Glad your joining us and I'll be sure to mention your playthrough when we record our show.

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 01:22:13 PM »

I will join (probably a bit later, because i will see some of you at Retro World Expo at the start of October Smiley ! The first Castlevania i will actually play, and not only insert into my collection. Hope it's not to difficult for me.
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 01:29:55 PM »

I had a friend called John Morris lol. Look forward to playing it.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »

I will join (probably a bit later, because i will see some of you at Retro World Expo at the start of October Smiley ! The first Castlevania i will actually play, and not only insert into my collection. Hope it's not to difficult for me.

Awesome eric!  Glad you are playing and happy that you're coming to RWX. See you then. Cheesy

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »

I had a friend called John Morris lol. Look forward to playing it.

Already signed you up based on your front page response.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2015, 03:48:34 PM »

I'm in! I don't play the old MegaGene DriveSys as much as I should.  I didn't get through all the NES Castlevania games in September like I wanted, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying this.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 03:54:31 PM »

I'm in! I don't play the old MegaGene DriveSys as much as I should.  I didn't get through all the NES Castlevania games in September like I wanted, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying this.

Sweet!  I can butcher your name in the podcast once again...........DOH!

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 04:25:50 PM »

Sweet!  I can butcher your name in the podcast once again...........DOH!

Yeah, I never expected my name would ever be spoken when I joined RFGen.  I've considered changing it, but I have been too lazy to investigate how.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length