RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Horror Game Binge? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Horror Game Binge?  (Read 2595 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:19:36 PM »

Anyone else binging on horror games this month? I thought we could make kind of a Halloween spin-off of the Gaming Dairy thread for those of us that are.

I Just finished Penumbra: Black Plague to kick it off and I'm gonna try to get around to starting Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs tomorrow. Might install the Obscure games after that for something that actually has some Steam achievements.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:57:35 AM by shoboni » Logged

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:05:48 AM »

I do this every year.  I include September as well, because if I only do it during October then I can't get to as many games as I want to.

So far I've played Until Dawn, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil 4.  I'm currently playing (and I think nearing the end of) Rule of Rose.  Before the month is over, I plan on playing Metro 2033, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, and Costume Quest 2 (not really horror, but it's a game about trick or treating!).  I may be able to fit another 1 or 2 games in there, but I'll just have to play it by ear for now.

I started Koudelka a few weeks ago, but really wasn't feeling it, so I gave up on it.  I also started Resident Evil Revelations 2 with a friend of mine.  We were having fun with it, but we haven't gotten together in a while to continue it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »

Costume Quest 2 is ~8 hours to complete 100%.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 08:38:19 PM »

Got three hours into A Machine for Pigs before I took a break to get some decorations up outside and run to the store.

It's kind of like Amnesia: Lite and I like that in the sense I get to take my time and take in the atmosphere a lot more due to the unlimited lantern and removal of the sanity meter.   

krakensoup
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »

I played Silent Hill: Shattered Memrories, most of Resident Evil 4, most of Silent Hill 3 (until the HD collection kept freezing), and just finished Silent Hill 2 last night. Now working on Silent Hill 4.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 01:01:16 PM »

Finished Obscure, about to give up on Obscure II for a while and move on to Deadly Premonition because the difficultly spike from the first game is pissing me off (mainly comes from really cheap stuff like starving you for supplies and checkpoints)

Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 04:16:42 AM »

Playing Alien Isolation. Boy, even on easy it's not easy at all!

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 09:32:47 PM »

Didn't really plan it out but I randomly started Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles. Not too bad of a game.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »

I intend to play some Echo Night, tomorrow.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 10:59:31 AM »

I played deadly premonition a few months back. Loved it. It was the first PS3 game I beat.

I'm supposed to start Dead Space 2 this week. And I have a few other games i want to knock out

Nes- Monster in my Pocket
Nes- Warewolf
Nes- Doctor Jekyll and Hyde
Nes- Haunted Halloween '85 ( a new homebrew I got at PRGE)

3ds- luigi's mansion
3ds - Spirt Camera

Ds- teenage zombie

WiiU - ZombieU

I hope I can get to half of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
-KRS-
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »

I got myself both Castlevania and Castlevania III this month. Maybe not "horror" games specifically but I thought they fit the halloween theme somewhat nicely. Smiley

I've also been playing Monster Party a bit. Almost beat it now.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 12:51:15 PM »

I got myself both Castlevania and Castlevania III this month. Maybe not "horror" games specifically but I thought they fit the halloween theme somewhat nicely. Smiley

I've also been playing Monster Party a bit. Almost beat it now.

Of course Castlevania games are "horror" games, that's why we play them for the playthroughs every year. Cheesy  I finished off Bloodlines a few days ago. Great game!

Monster Party is a really great game and a bit of a hidden gem on the NES. It's one of those games I played a lot and beat when I was a kid.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
-KRS-
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 06:41:28 PM »

Hmm you're right. It does involve Dracula after all. Tongue
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 07:21:10 PM »

Of course Castlevania games are "horror" games, that's why we play them for the playthroughs every year. Cheesy  I finished off Bloodlines a few days ago. Great game!

Monster Party is a really great game and a bit of a hidden gem on the NES. It's one of those games I played a lot and beat when I was a kid.

This reminds me that I need Monster Party. And Maniac Mansion.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »

I can't get too far in monster party. I'm going to need more practice. Def

As for manic mansion I watched a lets play to help figure out what to do ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: