RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:45:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Gravity Rush - Modern Playthrough - November 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Gravity Rush - Modern Playthrough - November 2015  (Read 8153 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:05:57 PM »

Welcome to the modern community playthrough for November 2015. It is my pleasure to share with you the quirky gem of an adventure known as Gravity Rush (or Gravity Daze in Japan) for the Playstation Vita.

[img width=700 height=243]http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Gravity_Rush_Logo_Banner.jpg[/img]

From the creative minds of director Keiichiro Toyama and writer by Naoko Sato (both known for the original Silent Hill and the Siren series) comes an open world action adventure with unique characters and even more unique game mechanics.

In light of the recent announcement of Gravity Rush 2 at this year's Tokyo Game Show, now is the time to pick up the classic Vita title that launched what is now a solid franchise.

[img width=700 height=396]http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/screenshots/GravityRush/gravityrush2.jpg[/img]

Checkpoints:
Week One: Complete Episode 6 - The Lost City
Week Two: Complete Episode 11 - Thick Skin
Week Three: Complete Episode 17 - Fading Light
Week Four: Complete the main campaign and explore Hekseville to your heart's content!

Participants:
grayghost81
fleach
disposed hero
link41
Thevitadouche
Techwizard
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:25:25 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »

I've heard great things about this game, and I could always use a push to pick up my handhelds which seem to go neglected most of the time.  Pretty excited to see what all the fuss is about.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »

This game kicks ass. I've been playing it every night to set up for the playthrough and I'm kind of getting lost in it, even more than the first time I played it. Kat is so adorably endearing as the playable character that the game becomes that much more engrossing. I love it.

Do you own a Vita? Fire it up and play this game with us. You won't be disappointed. 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 12:43:00 PM »

If anyone wants to get a head start, the week one checkpoint has been posted.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »

Alright, I'm game for GR.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »

Alright, I'm game for GR.

Welcome aboard!

I have to say, the first time I played through this game I really liked it, but this time around I'm really taking my time with it and sinking teeth into it, allowing myself to walk in Kat's shoes, doing all the challenge missions, and I'm totally loving this game.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 09:18:30 PM »

So, we're just playing through the game? No DLC or anything?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 06:14:47 AM »

So, we're just playing through the game? No DLC or anything?

The dlc will not be covered by me or included in the checkpoints, but feel free to tell us about it here.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »

I went to start the game this morning and it was MIA, upon further investigation, I was reminded that it was with a handful of Vita games my brother borrowed. I then thought that maybe I had downloaded the game from PS Plus, I hadn't... So guys if I can't get my copy back in time this month, I might have to sit out Sad

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 12:39:04 AM »

I started Gravity Rush and made it through the first few chapters.  It took some time, but this game is really starting to grow on me. 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 08:50:21 AM »

I started Gravity Rush and made it through the first few chapters.  It took some time, but this game is really starting to grow on me. 

Tell me more!

I'm actually about three quarters of the way through the game, and I have to admit some of my frustrations with the game from the first time I played through it are rearing their ugly heads again.

It's not as bad as I remember, but using the homing kick on the Nevi can be frustrating when they contstantly move out of the way right before you hit them. I understand that if that flying kick was guaranteed to connect every time it might make the game too easy, but the way it is straddles that line between challenging and frustrating.

Also some of the boss battles have really unforgiving checkpointing, if any, so keep an eye on that health gauge Kat!

Week two checkpoint is up!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 12:19:23 PM »

I'm around Chapter 9 or 10 (I just finished the Inferno level).  Barring one chapter that was kind of annoying (the one dealing with Echo), I'm really enjoying this game very much.  I actually never thought this game looked very appealing whenever I saw gameplay and trailers of it, so I'm really surprised by how much I'm enjoying it.

It's not as bad as I remember, but using the homing kick on the Nevi can be frustrating when they contstantly move out of the way right before you hit them. I understand that if that flying kick was guaranteed to connect every time it might make the game too easy, but the way it is straddles that line between challenging and frustrating.

Also some of the boss battles have really unforgiving checkpointing, if any, so keep an eye on that health gauge Kat!

I've had some frustrations also when trying to use the homing kick on mobile enemies, but nothing too bad so far.  I can also see the boss fights becoming a problem later on and was wondering how this game deals with checkpoints during the boss fights.  I haven't died on a boss fight yet, but I've had some very close calls.

I also find hunting down the gems in this game to be very addicting.  I'll spend quite a bit of time just searching for them so I can keep upgrading Kat's abilities.  I would always do the same thing in other games that use this sort of collectible upgrading system (infamous, Crackdown, etc.).

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »

Do you upgrade as you go, or do what I do and bank a bunch of gems until you have a few thousand and then go on an upgrade shopping spree?

I discovered two things while pleaying this morning that I think might be helpful. The first thing is really dumb, but I didn't realize (or maybe I just forgot) that you can dodge attacks by swiping the screen while in the air. I was only utilizing the dodge on the ground, and after the first few chapters you're doing very little fighting on the ground. Using the dodge while floating or even flying is hella useful, go figure!

The other thing I realized is that if you level up your max health, you get full health. I was in a hairy situation with no health powerups in sight and I was about to die. Leveled up my health bar and presto, full health!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 03:09:38 PM »

I usually upgrade every time I get around 1000-1500 gems.

I knew you could dodge in the air (there was an in-game tutorial for it), but it's not something I've been using at all.  I should probably get in the habit of doing it while fighting enemies.

Yeah, a lot of games with upgrade systems work that way in regards to health.  I like to exploit it whenever I can!  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:18:08 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

TheVitaDouche
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »

im down for sure!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length