RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:56:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Road Trip 2015 !!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Road Trip 2015 !!!  (Read 4903 times)
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« on: October 28, 2015, 06:07:36 AM »

Today I shove off with the girlfriend in the car to take a trip to Florida like stated before. Ive made my check list of what I need for the trip:

Car
Girlfriend  girl
Binder of Video Game Inventory List
Big Box of game trades for my dealer in Florida. party
The phone number of one forum member whom I might be able to meet up in Florida.  beer
Game Fund.  gunar15s
Clothes for 8 days ( Why its this far down the list is because Im this damn excited for the trip ).

I figure documenting this trip might be fun. 7 or 8 days of this trip the finds the near misses.

I hope this will be a humorous topic for all to take part in and also document the thought process ( lack there of ) while this looney toon hunting for games.  banana

In the words of my co driver ( modded slightly for gaming purposes ). " We are going to game stores, flea markets, garage sales and thrift shops. Things will get touched and fondled. Dont rush me, this is gonna be a while. My phone is off the grid. "

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 04:03:53 AM »

Just crossed into florida and 2 more hours to the hotel.  Can't wait to see what game stores have for me in Orlando on day 1.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:39:13 AM »

Looking forward to updates from this trip.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »

Scooter, I'd join you but I don't have gas to get out your way. Have fun in Orlando.

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:54 PM »

Don't worry this is stop 1  plenty more stops to make along the way.  Orlando Tallassee area  gainsville atlanta maybe a nc stop near Charlotte well see where we go

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »

Don't worry this is stop 1  plenty more stops to make along the way.  Orlando Tallassee area  gainsville atlanta maybe a nc stop near Charlotte well see where we go

If you hit up Charlotte, let me know. I have a few regular places I go to in that area. Wink

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »

Nah, I meant I live just a tiny bit north of Orlando. It wouldn't be far for me to drive. I was just in Gainesville last weekend for the book sale. Reminds me, I need I post those pictures...

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »

So far one snes  game found in 5 game stores in the Orlando area.  Lucky score at gamers Inc. , coming away with The Ingintion Factor on the snes.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 06:22:01 AM »

Keep plugging away. If you hit Charlotte, check out The Grid and Save Point; they are within 3 miles of each other. If you are a little further south in the Gastonia area, there 3 stores called Gamers Alley, which are all pretty good too.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:24:03 AM by singlebanana » Logged

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 07:21:14 PM »

Florida was a bust outside the one deal I had pending and the vita isn't working.  Kinda sums up the game hunting part of the trip  coming up i85 from Alabama into ga on the way home.  I'll see what time I roll through Charlotte

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »

Sorry to hear Florida was a bust I found a lot of stuff when I was down there in March/April.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 10:01:55 PM »

Hey all,

Sorry for the lack of updates, been kinda busy traveling around in the Florida area and just got back home NJ a few hrs ago and my house a few minutes ago. Its funny I get home minutes ago and hop right on with the town Ambulance squad for a shift tonight. Cant ever seem to slow me down.

Anywho, heres the breakdown of the trip and the finds ( the very few there was).

- HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHT  - Yep it was better than I expected. I was ready to poo poo this event especially at the $100 a person price tag, but Universal did a good job and it really was fun. Dont tell the girlfriend that she cant wait to go next year.

We saw her friend across the state ( near Destin FL ) and that was fun.

For as finds Very few really. I picked up the Ignition game for the snes in Orlando, and literally not another find till we got back to Pennsylvania.  My game store friend sent me a website that breaks retro game stores down by state and HAD I KNOWN THIS , I could have planned florida much better and the trip down and back.

I passed through Georgia and Charlotte NC sunday night way to late to have a chance to go do any shopping. My saving grace was a deal I set up in Florida with a game store friend I have.  In the lot included Zelda OOT box only, HOOPS for NES box only, What was to be a Mike Tyson box and manual only but the cart was too mint to leave behind and ill use it as an upgrade.  There was a PS Vita in the lot but isnt charging cause of the port so that will sadly get returned along with the game and memory chips I got for it. A few other odds and ends. Nothing really amazing to speak of out of Florida.

Once into PA I found 2 stores that sold games. First one was cool but my mojo was broken at that point and there really wasnt any wowie items to buy and add to the collection. Anything cool was either full blown retail +  ( Earth Bound  for 219.99 ) yet I did see and pass on Shenmue for the Dreamcast complete for 30.00 I should have bought it but wasnt feeling good about things and kinda blew it on that one.  BUT I got their card and its not too far away and might go there again. All the cool stuff I wanted was on their museum shelves ( Cant tell you how often this happens to me ).

The last store I hit was a resell type store Im not sure if they run by donations or if they do trade ins. but they price everything by Ebay and Amazon.  Seriously they had 6 Atari 2600 Missile commands loose and each had a different price. Each varying between 0.99 to 6.75, which was explained to me that they price according to said sites and depending on the day and the prices on those sites is how they price it or if its in a bulk lot they come up with an average per cart and price it all out like that. ( So yeah basically We dont know what we are doing and hope that pasta sticks to the wall ) .

In the end I barely bought 6 or so Atari 5200 games carts, ( Pitfall, Dragnaut factor, miner 2049er, choplifter, and 2 others  for 43.00 ). They had Mega man 1 box with cart for $180 and Wild Guns CIB for $500.  Full blown retail and then some.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 09:49:19 PM »

Well, that sucks.  What's the website for awesome retro stores?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 11:41:57 PM »

Scooter, didn't know you were looking for 5200 games. Seriously, you should've just stopped by my place. I would've set you straight, and I tend to give gifts to anyone I meet. Feel free to ask Bil and Crabmaster. Wink

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 02:21:12 AM »

Shaggy,

http://www.retrogamehunter.com/

I would say this is a good place to go check things out when planing a trip that has to do with game hunting. I used it on the way back and both stores were ok one more than the other. But found interesting things in both.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ manuals and boxes
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length