RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:27:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #19 - RF Generation Playcast (Castlevania Bloodlines & Resident Evil) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #19 - RF Generation Playcast (Castlevania Bloodlines & Resident Evil)  (Read 8189 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:20:56 PM »

COMING SOON
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:38:52 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:06:16 PM »

Episode #19 is here. Fill your ears you SOBs!!!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:08:51 PM »

I enjoyed the Bloodlines talk. Only just started the RE talk.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:26:24 PM »

Thanks for listening Duke

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »

I've been playing podcast catch up as I've been out of the country. Grabbing it now. Thanks!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 01:16:43 PM »

I've been playing podcast catch up as I've been out of the country. Grabbing it now. Thanks!

Awesome!  Let us know what you think.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:06:57 PM »

The RE discussion was good as well. Those crimson head zombies really did give me the creeps. I really wish RE would go back to zombies.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »

The RE discussion was good as well.

Thank you kindly.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 10:24:36 AM »

Just finished listening to the Bloodlines discussion.

I think a lot of people were/are enamored with Castlevania IV/Rondo that they dismiss Bloodlines. I see Bloodlines as a more experimental title in the series.

I found John Morris to be the easier character with his diagonal attack. It made fighting most of the bosses easier.

I enjoyed the discussion and the game. Thanks for another playthrough/playcast!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 10:32:29 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Addicted. I agree with your thoughts on Bloodlines being a more experimental title in the series. However, it still really feels like a Castlevania game when you play it.  I think another big reason it gets ignored is due to the console it was on.

IMHO, Eric was the easier character to play, since you couldn't take damage during the vaulting and it made boss encounters cake. Though Eric didn't have a upwards diagonal attack, he could attack straight up, which was also helpful.  Good point on John though.

Again, thanks for listening!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »

laugh For some reason my app didn't automatically download this podcast so I just listened to this.  I cracked up with the whole shaggy has the game but doesn't have the system hooked up bit.  It's the truth!  But now instead of having things in 4 places, it's down to 3!  But still no dice on getting things into one place and all hooked up. Sad

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »

laugh For some reason my app didn't automatically download this podcast so I just listened to this.  I cracked up with the whole shaggy has the game but doesn't have the system hooked up bit.  It's the truth!  But now instead of having things in 4 places, it's down to 3!  But still no dice on getting things into one place and all hooked up. Sad

Thanks for listening shaggy. I'm not sure if you saw the front page post we did a few months ago, but we moved our RSS feed from Podomatic to Podbean. During this process, we had to resubscribe to iTunes with the new feed. If you typically get automatic downloads of our show from iTunes, you will just have to resubscribe to us there and you will begin receiving them again. Thanks for listening, and thank you again for the generous donation!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 04:34:16 PM »

Thanks for listening shaggy. I'm not sure if you saw the front page post we did a few months ago, but we moved our RSS feed from Podomatic to Podbean. During this process, we had to resubscribe to iTunes with the new feed. If you typically get automatic downloads of our show from iTunes, you will just have to resubscribe to us there and you will begin receiving them again. Thanks for listening, and thank you again for the generous donation!

Well that would make since why the icon for the podcast wasn't showing any more.  I've canceled the subscription and added it back.  We shall see if I get the November playthrough.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »

Well that would make since why the icon for the podcast wasn't showing any more.  I've canceled the subscription and added it back.  We shall see if I get the November playthrough.

You will know this Saturday!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length