RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition  (Read 62782 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 08:34:56 AM »

I'm on ebay tonight and my only question is 'Where did all the Rolling Thunder 2 manuals go?'

Ha!  No idea man. I bought my copy a few years ago, and sadly it is loose.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 03:24:51 PM »

I'm going to play Metal slug 3 on MAME which gives me infinite credits. How many continues can I have if any or will it be when my first lot of lives are gone.

Good question.  I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I will fire it up soon and let you know the typical number of lives and/or continues that the console port provides and we can figure it out from there. Smiley

I just popped in my PS2 Metal Slug Anthology, and there's an options menu on the main menu screen that lets you set the number of continues.  The choices are 5, 10, 20, and Free Play (unlimited continues).  It defaults to Free Play.  Any thoughts on what we should go with?

There's also a difficulty setting, but I'm assuming we'll just roll with Normal.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 03:49:23 PM »

I'm going to play Metal slug 3 on MAME which gives me infinite credits. How many continues can I have if any or will it be when my first lot of lives are gone.

Good question.  I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but I will fire it up soon and let you know the typical number of lives and/or continues that the console port provides and we can figure it out from there. Smiley

I just popped in my PS2 Metal Slug Anthology, and there's an options menu on the main menu screen that lets you set the number of continues.  The choices are 5, 10, 20, and Free Play (unlimited continues).  It defaults to Free Play.  Any thoughts on what we should go with?

There's also a difficulty setting, but I'm assuming we'll just roll with Normal.

Since it defaults to Free Play, we will have to set a certain number of continues.   I want it to be fair and fun, but I don't want it to be too easy.  Let me pop in my XBox copy tonight and see what the defaults are before making a decision.

BTW, I found an XBox copy locally for $12 (no manual) if anyone needs it.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

PSP Anthology defaults at 20.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »

Good to know. Do you have other options to choose in the menu?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »

There are no options to change credits. I'm locked

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »

I just checked the Steam version.  It has the same options as the PS2 Anthology.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »

I popped in the XBox version last night and it looks like the game only allows for 5 continues. There is actually no way to change the amount of continues you can have.....

Here are the options and my thoughts and let me know what you think.

XBox - defaults to 5, no other options
PS2 Anthology/Steam - allows for 5, 10, 20, and Free Play
PSP Anthology - defaults to 20, no option to change

I say we allow 5 continues for this game since XBox is set and PS2/Steam can be set to 5. Graham, can you just stop playing after 5 continues?  We'll just have to use the honor code for this game.  This seems like the only solution that fits. It kind of stinks, but the purpose of next month is to get together and have fun, so I'm good with this option as long as everyone else is.

Also, if you are interested in an XBox copy Graham, I could pick one up for you locally. Not necessary, but I thought I'd give you the option if you were interested.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:36:19 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 09:59:52 AM »

Metal Slug 3 on XBLA has infinite credits, AFAIK, but each credit usage drops your score.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 11:43:00 AM »

My Xbox disc drive is stuck closed. I can just stop after five credits so any pictures I take should all say 15 credits left in the corner.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 11:46:00 AM »

There are no options to change credits. I'm locked

According to Gamespot, you can limit your credits in the PSP version: http://www.gamespot.com/r...logy-review/1900-6166273/

It might just be hard to find the option.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »

I had a little trouble finding the continues option on the PS2.  It was on the main menu (stage select) screen under Profile Options or something like that.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »

I'm locked at Limited or Unlimited. So 20 vs infinite.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 12:56:59 PM »

I'm locked at Limited or Unlimited. So 20 vs infinite.

If that's the case, then just stick to playing the five credits and taking a picture like you mentioned. Thanks

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 03:20:14 PM »

I popped in the XBox version last night and it looks like the game only allows for 5 continues. There is actually no way to change the amount of continues you can have.....

Here are the options and my thoughts and let me know what you think.

XBox - defaults to 5, no other options
PS2 Anthology/Steam - allows for 5, 10, 20, and Free Play
PSP Anthology - defaults to 20, no option to change

I say we allow 5 continues for this game since XBox is set and PS2/Steam can be set to 5. Graham, can you just stop playing after 5 continues?  We'll just have to use the honor code for this game.  This seems like the only solution that fits. It kind of stinks, but the purpose of next month is to get together and have fun, so I'm good with this option as long as everyone else is.

Also, if you are interested in an XBox copy Graham, I could pick one up for you locally. Not necessary, but I thought I'd give you the option if you were interested.

Cool with me.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length