RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition  (Read 62783 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »

Are you participating shaggy?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »

RULES UPDATE:

As noted in the initial post, "Contest rules subject to change or be added to prior to December 1st."  Earlier this week there was concern regarding the amount of continues allowed for the various ports of Metal Slug 3.  After checking out the options for the XBox version and other members also checking out their various versions, we have determined that at least 5 continues are allowed for each game, so we will stand by this number in December. If your game allows more than 5 continues, please stop playing or pause the game and take a picture of your score. I know this will be aggravating for some, but this is the best we can do for this game and we want to keep all port options open to maximize participation. That's what it's all about, right?

Last night, I also spent a little time trying to figure out the continue options for Contra and Rolling Thunder 2. Both games do not have any settings, so they are simple in that you just pop them in and press "start." In terms of continues, Contra offers a limited amount and RT2 offers unlimited. However, when you continue, your score resets. As a result, you will be allowed to post your highest score no matter where you are in each game.  Simple enough.

These rule additions are now in the initial post. If you have any concerns with these updates, or any other concerns in the game, please send me a PM.  Thank you and good luck to all!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »

Are you participating shaggy?

I'm in...a third of the way. Smiley  I only own Contra.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2015, 10:06:47 PM »

Sign me up for this!  I need a good excuse to spend some time to finally beat Contra, and this gives me an excuse to finally snag a copy of Rolling Thunder 2 for my collection Grin

RULES UPDATE:

As noted in the initial post, "Contest rules subject to change or be added to prior to December 1st."  Earlier this week there was concern regarding the amount of continues allowed for the various ports of Metal Slug 3.  After checking out the options for the XBox version and other members also checking out their various versions, we have determined that at least 5 continues are allowed for each game, so we will stand by this number in December. If your game allows more than 5 continues, please stop playing or pause the game and take a picture of your score. I know this will be aggravating for some, but this is the best we can do for this game and we want to keep all port options open to maximize participation. That's what it's all about, right?

Last night, I also spent a little time trying to figure out the continue options for Contra and Rolling Thunder 2. Both games do not have any settings, so they are simple in that you just pop them in and press "start." In terms of continues, Contra offers a limited amount and RT2 offers unlimited. However, when you continue, your score resets. As a result, you will be allowed to post your highest score no matter where you are in each game.  Simple enough.

These rule additions are now in the initial post. If you have any concerns with these updates, or any other concerns in the game, please send me a PM.  Thank you and good luck to all!

That brings up a good question - with most arcade games, the score resets after you continue.  Does Metal Slug 3 carry the score over, or is the point to ensure no one credit feeds to a later level where they can milk a later stage for score in some way?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 10:09:35 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »

Metal Slug 3 carries the score over when you continue. At least this is what happens with the XBox version. I understand that some areas may offer more points than others, but my opinion is that if you can reach those higher levels, you deserve to be at the top of the hill anyway.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 09:00:29 AM »

So........... I finished the Run n' Gun trophy last night. Just have to remove the plaque on the front and replace it with something related to our competition.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »

I don't know if any people will be playing Metal Slug 3 on Steam but it's on sale for half price until December 1. Just in time for our competition. Smiley

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »

It's also worth mentioning that online co-op is an option with the Steam version of MS3.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2015, 09:07:05 AM »

I'll be participating for all three games but only competing in Rolling Thunder and Metal Slug. I couldn't find a copy of Contra in time so I'm emulating that game and I don't feel that's fair for competition purposes.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2015, 09:28:51 AM »

I'll be participating for all three games but only competing in Rolling Thunder and Metal Slug. I couldn't find a copy of Contra in time so I'm emulating that game and I don't feel that's fair for competition purposes.

As the rules in the initial post state, emulation is fine.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2015, 10:41:00 AM »

I missed that part. Well then, I guess I'll throw in my hat for all the games. Gonna be fun!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 10:11:21 AM »

Don't forget, our competition starts tomorrow!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »

And oh yeah, I grabbed an extra copy of Metal Slug 3 if anyone needs it.

wattswc
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:40 PM »

Hi! As promised, this is me signing up. Looking forward to playing some Contra.
Shepy
Atari 7800
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 09:21:18 PM »

Pish Pish, 1 Nintendo game. Well I suppose I could play some Contra Smiley.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length