RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:11:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: December 2015 Run N' Gun Competition  (Read 62749 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2015, 12:15:26 PM »

I was looking forward to playing Contra this weekend, then I get a good half hour of practice in and I get the blinking light.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »

Here's my co-op run I recorded with a friend.  I hope you guys enjoy it

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2015, 10:03:37 AM »

Here's my co-op run I recorded with a friend.  I hope you guys enjoy it

Great video Disposed!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »

Alright, here's my score:

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2015, 10:38:19 AM »

Damn, how many consecutive playthroughs did you have to do to get that score?

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2015, 10:45:45 AM »

Damn, how many consecutive playthroughs did you have to do to get that score?

Made it to the Alien Lair on my 7th time through.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2015, 10:58:54 AM »

Haha, I'm out!  I'm going to admit defeat on this one.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2015, 11:07:36 AM »

Haha, I'm out!  I'm going to admit defeat on this one.

I've had this score since the first day of the competition, but I didn't want to post it for fear of frustrating others and preventing them from playing.  I have really enjoyed seeing everyone's scores improving and I hope you guys will keep going until you finish the game. Remember, no matter how high I score on this game, second place means that you're only 1 point behind me in the competition. Third place this period means you are only 2 points behind me, and so on.  I played this game a lot as a kid and throughout my life, but I'm relatively new to the other two games. What I am saying is that everyone still has a very good chance to take the trophy, so please, keep playing and enjoying these games. Smiley

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »

god I feel stupid putting up such a crappy score  Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2015, 02:10:32 PM »

god I feel stupid putting up such a crappy score  Smiley

Don't feel bad at all. I have been playing this game for years and years, and it's one of a handful of games that I can really groove on. It's a game of patterns and memorization that has taken me a long time to master. Keep plugging away and remember that you can even better your score and standing in this game during the Battle Royale at the end of the month.

My advice is this: Put in the 30 man code and play it before the Battle Royale. Of course you can't post this score, but running it this way will allow you to see more of the game and as such, you will be more prepared for what lies ahead and not be so stressed about dying a few times. Once the Battle Royale is here, play normally and post your best score; I'm sure it will be much better.  To be honest, I'd didn't start running this game "normally" until about 5 years ago. One day, I put in the code, got to the end, and realized that I could probably now make it through the game without it.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »

Every point helps  Grin

* Contra (USA)_004.png (0.98 KB, 256x240 - viewed 275 times.)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »

If you are submitting scores in this final evening of the Contra competition, please be aware that all SCORES must be submitted by 12:00 A.M. SERVER TIME.  Server time is the same for everyone, but may not match up with the time set for your region.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2015, 08:15:05 PM »

@Rich hahaha F*ck you with that score. Love ya, I'm out.

Can we play Sin & Punishment instead?

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »

I was going to submit another score this evening, but as I write this, it's 20 minutes away from midnight server time. I can't even find a groove in 20 minutes, let alone get a decent score Tongue

I guess I'll have to keep practicing and hope I can do better during the Battle Royale. Rich, you are truly the Contra zen master. I would love to meet you someday and just watch you play Contra, because I suspect it would be quite the ride. And congrats to everyone else who posted scores. It's a difficult game, and can be intimidating if you let it frustrate you.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #149 on: December 10, 2015, 06:35:32 AM »

Congrats to everyone who posted a score and especially to singlebanana for winning and Disposed Hero for beating me. Really enjoyed that and the game but now it's on to Rolling Thunder 2. I really liked the first one and it's nice to play the sequel in the fresh air. Here's my first submission and good luck to everyone.

* Rolling_Thunder_2002.png (7.17 KB, 640x480 - viewed 257 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length