RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:28:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Top 5 additions to your collection 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Top 5 additions to your collection 2015  (Read 4284 times)
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:30:12 AM »

As December approaches fast I look back at the cool items added this year and think that was cool.  It would be nice to remember some of the top finds we got this year rare valuable and just plain I really wanted that and now I have it.  Here's mine for 2015....

5. Creativision - a discovery this year at a video game con in NJ.  I saw it and couldn't get it out my mind. In the end it was a mix of that would be cool to own and moving a system that was too bulky to kee either way this was a no brainer for me.

4. Rtype III Snes -  shooters are always cool and till I can get a copy of blazing lasers for TG16 this great shooter is for me.. I was glad to score this at the flea market over the summer and just love it more every time I play it.

3. Chrono Trigger SNES - What can I say I have a soft spot for RPGS and this one was on the list for a while.  I got this at my friends store while I was hanging out.  He picked it up brought it in the store and the price tag never made it on the cart before it was in my hand sold.  A friend online a few months later had the box manual and maps to complete this as a bonus. The cart was amazing enough for me.

2. Nintendo TV controllers - When it comes to oddball items I don't see everyday this pair that walked into my friend game store in Florida was what the doctor ordered. He said do you need nes brick controllers . I said no I have the grey ones. He said how about a pair of black ones.. game changer....

1.  Mattel Aquarius - I had one years ago sold it and wanted another one.  Only a complete in big box with all the trimmings would do and took me a few years to finally locate the right one for me at Too Many Games Con in Pennsylvania.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 08:57:47 AM »

There is still a whole month left before this can be awswered.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 12:38:46 AM »

Wow. So hard to say. But here it goes:

5. Wacky Races (NES)- OK so, this game just got added to my collection but, it was a game I wanted quite a bit, and I am happy to have acquired it.

4. Exile (TurboCD [sealed])- I decided to bang off the rest of the Turbo CD Working Design stuff I wanted this year. Got three all at once. I put this one at #4, because it is sealed and staying that way.

3. Vasteel (Turbo CD)- Hard to find. Haven't played yet, but I haven't played a Working Designs published game yet, that I didn't like.

2. Exile II- Wicked Phenomenon (Turbo CD)

1. Lethal Weapon 3 Pinball machine!!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:33:41 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »

As December approaches fast I look back at the cool items added this year and think that was cool.  It would be nice to remember some of the top finds we got this year rare valuable and just plain I really wanted that and now I have it.

[...]

Decided to beat me to the "Top 5 Small Scores" thread this year, huh? And with a whole month left to go no less. Hey, tell you what: I'll get back to you some time next year. Who knows, I might just find a top-fiver between now and December 31.

Until then...

...'Late
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 11:35:25 AM »

In my case too many to name and still a month left - not that I will find a lot in December.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

Yeah, the year's not over, but I do really like this topic! The two NES games are my favorite, since they were two of the four I still needed for my licensed set. The other three games are on here not only because of their value and how much I enjoy them, but because of how I obtained them with the help of RF Gen members. Here's what I got so far:

5. Guardian Heroes (Saturn) - Crabby knew I was looking for this game at RWX and when he found it at a good price, he went ahead and purchased it for me.

4. Demon's Crest (SNES) - I missed out on a copy from the booth next to us at RWX. I mentioned this to Bil in passing and wouldn't you know it, he had a copy at home that he was willing to sell me at a good price.

3. Wild Guns (SNES) - Duke found a copy at his local store, worked out a deal for me, and hand-delivered it to me at RWX.

2. Zombie Nation (NES) - Bought off of eBay at a surprisingly good price, one time that a random lower than value bid paid off.

1. Panic Restaurant (NES) - Bought it after the auction at RWX. The auction never met the reserve and fortunately Bil knew the owner, so we worked something out.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 12:51:24 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 01:25:30 AM »

#5 - Onchanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii) - One of two Wii games I was actively looking for, and I got it for a steal!
#4 - Star Wars (Famicom) Namco version - Stumbled on this one at the Comic Expo this year.  Never thought I'd see it without paying out the wazoo, or heading to Japan.
#3 - Civilization II (PlayStation) - Gameplay-wise, this was my favorite retro pick-up of the year.
#2 - Richard Scarry's Huckle & Lowly's Busiest Day Ever (Pico) - The pack-in may not seem like a score, but the box is extremely rare.  I scored it CIB.  One of the rarest items in my collection.
#1 - Menace Beach (NES) black cart variant - Any time I add an NES game to my list and it's probably going to be #1.  Only 8 more to go...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:05:11 AM by the_wizard_666 » Logged
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 01:43:41 AM »

I didn't get squat this year except for amiibo and new Nintendo releases. Not a bad thing, though.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 10:17:53 PM »

My records indicate that I got Metal Storm (NES) with manual in 2014.  I still feel like mentioning it again.

Some honorable mentions:

An Odyssey 2 with a few games: Picked up for $15 at the end of last year.  A little dirty and banged up, I look forward to trying out another Pre-NES console.  Might even pick up the 233-in-1 multicart.

An Atari 5200: Despite the frustration in setting up a functional controller, the Atari 5200 is what sparked my interest in A8 machines, so it earns a spot here.  Also, Montezuma's Revenge and Miner 2049er are really fun.

Commando and Pac-Man Jr. for the 2600: Truly excellent 2600 games I got for free as part of a larger flea market score.

Frankenstein's Monster: Picked up at a good price in a random ebay Atari 2600 lot.

Rockman and Forte, Rockman 7, X2, and X3: Got these Super Famicom carts for a pretty good deal on ebay when I was in an intense Mega Man phase.

Knights of the Round: Glad to have this, but I didn't get a great deal on it, hence it stays out of the top 5.

Final Fight 3: Glad to have this, and I did get a reasonable deal on it.  However, it's my least favorite Final Fight game.  Owning it is more of a relief than a joy, hence it stays out of the top 5.

Battle Kid, Battle Kid 2, and Larry LLFFLL: My first foray into homebrew, and these games certainly impressed with their high quality.

Onto the list:

5) Secret Santa score: Seriously a great collection of things from my Secret Santa.  So glad to have PaRappa the Rapper 2 in my collection again.  Thanks again!

4) Sony PVMs (19" and 8"): These monitors are worth their rep.  Even in composite, my games look great!  Now to get some RGB cables...

3) Bickman's NES MadNESs score:  I bought pretty much every NES cart Bickman had, which I hear helped fund his trip to RetroWorld.  Sorry I never posted it in Small Scores, Bickman.  I had a few other guys in on the deal and it got divvied up pretty quick.

2) Wanpaku Gourmet World: Senseiman came through and was able to get me this game inside my price range.  It may not technically be Panic Restaurant, but it's close enough for my purposes.  That means there's only one game left on my "Most Wanted" list, but it's the big one, Little Samson...

1) Bucky O'Hare (and others): Edges out Wanpaku Gourmet World because 1) I had given up on getting an NES copy of this game and 2) it walked into my local shop and I was able to pick it up with trade-in credit.  While I didn't meet him, my buddy who owns the shop told me the guy who traded it in identified himself as a collector who was selling off some NES games to get money for a car.  Bucky O'Hare was the best game of the lot, though I also scored both NES G.I. Joe games.  It was just a confluence of getting a great game and a great collecting memory at the same time.

If I excluded something great I bought from you, I apologize.  This was mostly done off the top of my head.  Seemed a fair way t do such a list.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 11:44:21 PM »

I had to look back at a lot of receipts to make sure they were from this past year and not before then...it all blurs together when you have been doing it for over 10 years. Ha ha

5. Simpsons Hit & Run and Simpsons Road Rage (GCN) Both are fun to play, somewhat hard to find, and finding them together was all the sweeter.

4. Titanfall (X360) This is the most well-polished FPS I have ever played. Whether in a titan or not, the maps all felt balanced and were easily traveled. Intriguing and simple nuances were noticed every time I played, and finding it for $5 as soon as all of the DLC became free was even better. I might play through this one all over again on the Xbone.

3. TMNT Mutant Melee and TMNT 3: Battle Nexus (GCN) Completing the TMNT set for the 'Cube felt amazing, but once again, it was even nicer since they happened so close to each other.

2. Splatoon (Wii U) Finding this game for less than half the going price so quickly after its release was an amazing find in my opinion. I rarely buy games within the year of release due to the high cost to game ratio, but finding this one was great because my son and I both have had a ton of playtime with it...and that is important to acknowledge because once the online community shrinks within a multiplayer heavy game...so does a lot of the enjoyability.

1. Ikaruga (GCN) I had been missing this game from my 'Cube collection for far too long...as good a game as Chaos Field is...it doesn't hold a candle to this classic. I always hold out for deals with older games since the pricing is always subject to jump around, and considering the rarity and demand, $20 makes this one my top find for the year.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 12:20:18 AM »

My list really centers a lot around the memories that were made in 2015. Having said that, this is a very tough list to put in order, as they all came about because of awesome people.

5. Secret Santa gifts - My Secret Santa (who I am 99% sure his name sounds like Binglesanana) sent over a really fun assortment of Famicom games and other really neat extras. One of the games in there is one that I had wanted for quite some time, and they all came as a really pleasant surprise.  The Ryu "Hadoken" keychain is still a favorite with my kids, and the Mario ornaments will be up on the tree next year. Thanks 'Naner.

4. Demon's Souls DE - I was at MGC last year with a bunch of friends from Nintendo Age, and I always particularly enjoy seeing my friend Matt who lives in Missouri. We don't get to see each other very often, but we just kind of click and always have a really fun time goofing off and playing NES. While at MGC I was mentioning my hunt for a Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition, and he said that he had one sitting at home from his days when he worked at GameStop. Not too much later he made me a really fair deal on it, and even tossed in Shadows of Mordor for X1 just to be a pal. Gaming introduces you to some of the best people around. I know he's not on here, but thanks Matt.

3. Blow 'Em Out Cowlitz Gamers for Kids 2015 Special Edition - When Nupoile hits up this con every year, he is always kind enough to ask me if there are any exclusives that will be at the show I would be interested in. They tend to have some limited special releases there, and 2015 was no different. So as usual he goes through the trouble to make sure he grabs one for me and sends it over. There is no way that I would ever be able to add this to my collection without him unless I broke my wallet. Much appreciation Nupoile.

2. Bravely Default CE - Sometimes kindness just flies in from out of the blue and smacks you upside the head. Early last year I just got a message from Slackur asking for my address, and that was it. What showed up later kind of stunned me. I've gushed over Bravely Default a lot, and unfortunately it was tough to find the CE for it as there just weren't many produced by Nintendo. Out of the pure kindness of his heart, Jess just decides to send over his CE minus the game to me to make mine complete. I've still got it sitting up in my room, and it makes me thankful to be a part of RFG. Thank you for your generosity Slackur.

1. NES TV - I've recounted this on our RWX recap show, and I'd encourage you to go back and listen to it to really get the full story on this one. Taking this home was really just the fantastic icing on the cake that was having such a fantastic time hanging out with Crabby on our road trip, and with the RFG crew at RWX. I had so much fun spending time with everyone, and getting to play some Nintender tapes in this brings the happy memories pouring back. There isn't much more to be said than Crabby is just a wonderful guy. Always positive, smart, and fun. I'm grateful to have both him and Bil to chat with each month.

2015 was a really memorable year for me. I'm sure 2016 will be full of many more fantastic times.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 01:56:56 AM »

For me, my top five are:

5. NES: I've wanted an NES for a couple years now, but never could find one. One night I was in a chat over on another Video Gaming forum, and just randomly mentioned I wanted an NES. BOOM. Someone else in chat just up and *gave me* an extra NES he owned. I'm so happy with it.

4. Game Boy Advance SP: I went to a huge city-wide garage sale the weekend of my birthday, and one of the vendors had a GBA and three games. He wanted $3 for it. I could not say no.

3. Intellivision: A friend of mine over on another forum said he had a surprise for me, that he was gonna send in the mail. Several days later, a *huge* box arrives. Inside, a perfect Mattel Intellivision and two games. Best surprise in awhile.

2. Sega Genesis: I got one for just $10 from a member of this forum. Great purchase.

1. New Nintendo 3DS XL: And number 1, my best Christmas present for the past several years. I'd been longing for a 3DS for at least three years.

2015 was quite a good year, overall.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 08:30:56 AM »

5. Jaguar + Games: This was on my wtb list for years now. There are very few systems that I don't own that I'm stuff hoping to pick up so it was great to finally get another one crossed off the list especially with a bunch of CIB games to play on it too!!

4. Aero Fighters - A year of BIG BIG titles for my collection. One of the biggest ones for the SNES will make getting the rest of the SNES library a breeze now Smiley

3. Signature on my Star Trek Pinball - Got to briefly meet William Shatner and even though the Pinball was already in my collection he slapped his John Hancock on it to make it a little more unique

2. Misadventures of Tron Bonne - One of the biggest games for the Playstation library as well as the Mega Man library. Had an awesome local guy agree to part with it as long as it was going home with me and not to be sold in the store. Very pleased to finally have this one.

1. Magical Chase (TG16): One of my most recent pick ups. The heaviest hitter in the NTSC-U/C market finally crossed off the list. The rest should be smooth sailing now Smiley

1. NES TV - I've recounted this on our RWX recap show, and I'd encourage you to go back and listen to it to really get the full story on this one. Taking this home was really just the fantastic icing on the cake that was having such a fantastic time hanging out with Crabby on our road trip, and with the RFG crew at RWX. I had so much fun spending time with everyone, and getting to play some Nintender tapes in this brings the happy memories pouring back. There isn't much more to be said than Crabby is just a wonderful guy. Always positive, smart, and fun. I'm grateful to have both him and Bil to chat with each month.

That was such a great trip for me Chris. I really appreciate the hospitality from you and your family. So glad you like the Sharp TV. Really happy to have had a part in that for you.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length