RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Remember When... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Remember When...  (Read 125388 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2017, 08:53:20 PM »

I went into Target today and was in shock when I saw one endcap for CD's, nothing else.  No more CD's.  One endcap.  What the heck?!  After that I went to Best Buy and was shocked to see not even half a row of CD's.  I remember seeing rows and rows and rows of CD's at both places.  At times I wish the Internet didn't take place.  A sad, sad day for me.

* bestbuy22.jpg (120.91 KB, 544x363 - viewed 701 times.)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »

Don't worry. In 10 years, those stores will be replaced by kiosks where you can order the items instead. In 20 years, they'll all be 3d printed in front of you.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2017, 05:41:49 PM »

Don't worry. In 10 years, those stores will be replaced by kiosks where you can order the items instead. In 20 years, they'll all be 3d printed in front of you.

As long as there are still thrift stores, I have no problem with this.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 01:22:52 PM »

As long as there are still thrift stores, I have no problem with this.

More and more automation coming soon. I don't think its a bad thing, really. We just need to figure out what to do with the people whos jobs are becoming automated.  I think jobs like Doctors and Lawyers will most likely not be automated anytime soon. Although, eventually down the line, those jobs could be automated as well.

Shopgoodwill.com will always be there for your thrift store needs. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:26:34 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2018, 04:29:11 AM »

Remember when this thread wasn't buried on page 2?

ANYway, I just experienced a moment of nostalgia, and figured this was the best place to share it with y'all. Oh, and I figured it'd make a good excuse to dredeg this thread back up from the depths.

So I'm doing a marathon of the YouTube video series called "One-Hit Wonderland," hosted by a mysterious chap named Todd in the Shadows. I rather enjoyed his takes on Right Said Fred's "Too Sexy," Everything But the Girl's "Miss You," and Scatman John's...ummm... thingy. But now it was on to Mr. Todd's breakdown of "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock of Seagulls, where I caught a snippet from a song I hadn't heard in thirty years (starts at the 8:25 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/w...X16lTN0um7Onpkf&t=505

My curiosity got the best of me, and just had to track down the full song:

It's an extremely unapologetic early-80s tune, and a Grammy winner to boot. I wasn't particularly nostalgic about it, but I figured it was worth at least one listen before I completely forgot about it again for another three decades...
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2018, 01:07:02 AM »

Remember when this thread wasn't buried on page 2?

ANYway, I just experienced a moment of nostalgia, and figured this was the best place to share it with y'all. Oh, and I figured it'd make a good excuse to dredeg this thread back up from the depths.

So I'm doing a marathon of the YouTube video series called "One-Hit Wonderland," hosted by a mysterious chap named Todd in the Shadows. I rather enjoyed his takes on Right Said Fred's "Too Sexy," Everything But the Girl's "Miss You," and Scatman John's...ummm... thingy. But now it was on to Mr. Todd's breakdown of "I Ran (So Far Away)" by A Flock of Seagulls, where I caught a snippet from a song I hadn't heard in thirty years (starts at the 8:25 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/w...X16lTN0um7Onpkf&t=505

My curiosity got the best of me, and just had to track down the full song:

It's an extremely unapologetic early-80s tune, and a Grammy winner to boot. I wasn't particularly nostalgic about it, but I figured it was worth at least one listen before I completely forgot about it again for another three decades...

Man, I totally forgot about this song!  And it won a Grammy?!

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2018, 11:27:05 AM »

Hey now...

Man, I totally forgot about this song!  And it won a Grammy?!

I discovered that it's actually a cover of a more low-key performance released a year earlier:

I kept digging into the YouTube archives on this song-- 'cuz I have nothing better to do with my time, obviously-- and discovered this horrific abomination: young'uns singing and dancing to the tune in Australia's version of KIDS Incorporated.

I wonder how many of those kids are in therapy now...
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2018, 12:03:46 PM »

Oh...my...gosh! I hadn't thought about Kids Incorporated in forever. I used to love that show, when I was a kid. The US Disney Channel version, of course, not the Australian version. But man, I watched that all the time as a kid.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2018, 01:08:22 PM »

Kids Incorporated.  Weird.  I never actually remember watching that show, but I somehow remember the chorus for the theme song.  Very strange.  Thanks?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2018, 12:07:23 AM »

Kids Incorporated.  Weird.  I never actually remember watching that show, but I somehow remember the chorus for the theme song.  Very strange.  Thanks?

KAY! AYE! DEE! ESS, YEAH!

Aw g0dd@mmit, now it's stuck in my head! Thanks for nothing, ya big jerkface neenerhead!  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck

yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »

A few years back I took a couple '80s faves and slapped them together into a gif:

So... whattaya think?
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2018, 04:40:20 AM »

It took a minute for me to see and get it all.

Its pretty clever alright.

As for me I have some burning questions for you:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2018, 06:22:09 AM »

It took a minute for me to see and get it all.

Its pretty clever alright.

As for me I have some burning questions for you:

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Surely, you can't be serious.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »

I speak Jive.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2018, 03:14:32 PM »

Here's a blast from the past that... well, considering recent events, is now the scariest album title ever:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length