RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:50:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February 2016 Community Playthough - Folklore 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: February 2016 Community Playthough - Folklore  (Read 14378 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

[img width=700 height=387]http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/19/190043/2532104-folklore.inlay.pal.ps3.scan-300dpi.jpg[/img]

Take control of Ellen, a young girl looking to learn about her past, and Keats, a journalist for an occult magazine looking for the next big story, as they travel to the small village of Doolin to explore the mysteries held within.  Alternating between both characters, you will get to travel through the Netherworld, the world of the dead.  Throughout the game, you will find and defeat powerful creatures called 'Folks' and be able to absorb and utilize their powers and abilities.

Participants
Disposed Hero
douglie007
Fleach
GrayGhost81
Pam
singlebanana

Checkpoints
Week 1 - Complete Chapter 1 with both characters
Week 2 - Complete Chapter 3 with both characters
Week 3 - Complete Chapter 5 with both characters
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:22:58 PM by Disposed Hero » Logged

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:42:06 AM »

Sweet! I went on a hunt for this one a while back, and it took a bit to find. I never got very far into though, so now I have a reason.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 12:57:56 PM »

Sweet! I went on a hunt for this one a while back, and it took a bit to find. I never got very far into though, so now I have a reason.

Glad you're joining us Pam. Seems that you have a choice between two characters in the game. Maybe Will would be interested in the opposite experience??

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 01:20:29 PM »

Glad you're joining us Pam. Seems that you have a choice between two characters in the game. Maybe Will would be interested in the opposite experience??

You have to play through with both characters in order to complete the game.  At certain points, the game won't let you progress with one character until you've reached the same point with the other character.

But I started the game a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it so far.  It feels very unique, and the art style is beautiful.  So far, it definitely feels like a hidden gem for the PS3.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »

I just played Ellen's prologue and all I can say is...WOW.

I'm really looking forward to getting into depth with you guys on this one.

wattswc
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »

Folklore isn't really my type of game. My ADD won't allow me to play open world games like this. I'll be in a corner playing my Shmups.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »

Understood. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »

i'm not sure if i'll find time to join you guys but i picked up this game a few months ago and it looked really amazing! i don't know how i had never heard of it before.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 07:31:54 PM »

Get on board Jamie.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »

This is going to be great! Folklore looks like an interesting game, and by that I mean that I have no idea what this game is like. I only know about it's reputation of being an overlooked hidden gem.

Looking forward to playing this with you guys.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 12:49:15 PM »

I bought this game and never got to play it so I will join

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »

I bought this game and never got to play it so I will join

Cool douglie!  Glad to have you along.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »

Started playing yesterday and even though I only finished both Prologue chapters I think I'm going to really like this game. The look, the theme, all so good!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:53 AM »

Folklore isn't really my type of game. My ADD won't allow me to play open world games like this. I'll be in a corner playing my Shmups.

I should mention that this isn't an open world game. It is indeed very linear with the exception of a few path choices.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:16:58 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »

Rich is right. Things are pretty linear but you have play as both characters to get the full story. It's worth playing. Just try it out and see how you go.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length