RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:35:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Do we want people to plug RF Generation? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Do we want people to plug RF Generation?  (Read 5658 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: February 04, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »

To be specific regarding the Subject Line of this Thread, is it okay if users from this site (like myself) plug the site on they're own site or other gaming related thing? I'm going to attempt to do a more professional live-stream tonight, which I'm hoping I can export to my YouTube Channel when I finish, and I was basically wondering if it's okay to mention the site during the stream. I know it sounds like a stupid question, and the answer is likely obvious, but I felt it was probably a good idea to ask.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 02:55:37 PM »

Plugging the site is exactly how we get more members. Some people search for a video game collection site or collection tools and find us, but I've heard WAY more stories about members joining just because they heard about us from someone else. That's sort of how I got here. It wasn't directly from a member, but I read a thread about what people were using to track their stuff and this was on the list.

There was just a thread in a Facebook group last night, asking people what tools they use. someone beat me to plugging RFG, but I responded to them thanking them for using it as well as making my own response to it with a link and a screenshot of the Android app.

Absolutely feel free to mention the site as your tool of choice for tracking your collection.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 03:00:13 PM »

I used an old account on another videogame database to advertise the site.

http://www.mobygames.com/...sheet/userSheetId,244870/

Grin
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »

I found the site originally because nebrazca78 mentioned RFGeneration when I was tracking down Genesis variants:
http://forum.digitpress.c...ations-who-has-this-stuff

Word of mouth is the best press we get. Cheesy

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:34:18 PM »

Ditto.  I actually found this site from Tynstar's banner on Digit Press.  It was exactly what I has been looking for.  Plugging the site is how we get more members and more community.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:36:23 PM »

Last year, an RFG PTB sent me a stamper that reads, "RFGeneration.com - The Classic and Modern Video Game Database." I use it to stamp the invoice sheet accompanying every video-game-related online sale I make.

I also take advantage of every opportunity to demo the collection-tracker app, which is... well, not all that often, really. Usually fellow game-hunters I sometimes bump into at the thrifts, and a few coworkers at my new job.

Then there was that time on Twitter where I encouraged a Taiwan-based user to join up so he could help build up the site's Taiwanese PC games database. Not sure if he ever did, though...

So... am I doing my part?
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:13:40 AM »

Metal Jesus's video about collecting sites did wonders, I remember seeing like 1200 new accounts in the week after that video popped. I definitely plug every chance I get, I love the site and the people, so it makes it easy.

Hell, I just named the team I made for an achievement whoring competition about a month ago after the site. Every week we stay in the running equals more people having the chance to see us.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 12:59:54 AM »

Here's the video. Sorry for my extremely low voice volume, but this was my first real attempt at something like this. Considering people can't hear me too well, I threw annotations onto it whenever I spoke of RF Generation, so people could see. The next one will hopefully be better.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:06:58 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »

I plugged the site to a random dude on eBay I sold a game to haha

BTW that game looks awesome! I'm gonna sub in case you do more crazy Japanese stuff in the future Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 12:54:19 PM by h1ghw1nd » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »

Umihara Kawase is awesome.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 05:14:58 PM »

I plugged the site to a random dude on eBay I sold a game to haha

BTW that game looks awesome! I'm gonna sub in case you do more crazy Japanese stuff in the future Cheesy

Define "crazy Japanese stuff". If you mean more games from Japan that never saw a release in the US, then yes, expect more of that. I think my next one might be Dream Mix TV World Fighters on GameCube. Smiley

EDIT: Actually, that game I was playing does have a US Release, so I really have no idea what you mean. lol.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »

You've got a channel, Redd?  Sub'd.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 10:40:24 PM »

I try to shoutout the Twitter account whenever I can, and I've mentioned it on Facebook to my gamer friends, and in a couple game collecting groups.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 04:17:59 PM »

I def always plug the site. I did a few videos on my YouTube channel where I plugged them as well as my podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 06:25:50 PM »

I'm gonna do another Plug tonight, but it won't be as a Live Stream. Instead, I'm gonna upload a video of me playing Doom 3 (which I have only played very little of), and I will plug the site in that one. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length