RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:30:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Facebook score. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Facebook score.  (Read 6181 times)
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:28:46 AM »

I picked up some atari 8 bit computer games ( yeah big surprise there ) and from the picture didnt look all that exciting. I knew there was a tester cart and a Pilot programming preproduction cart. But from the date (3/80) I didnt expect anything too crazy cause thats the year it was released.  Anywho, it got mailed to my house while I was on the road and getting back on the 6th thats the first box I opened and theres where the fun began.

Here are the carts and items that cause my interest. ( And really muted the fact that the atari 800 I got is the 2nd lowest serial number documented so far on Atariage  which doesnt mean too much i guess ).  What I didnt put in the pictures below were the 5.25 disks of demos, works in progress and apparently some version of Atari DOS 2.7 that never made it out to release ( maybe a work in progress of Dos 3.0 but its dated 1980 on the disk ). Also not pictured is a disk that was corrected instructions for a few Atari Cassette based programs that Atari released ( also dated from 1980 ).  

The lot of carts that really interested me.. ( For those wondering the game "Life" was the announcement name for the game program " Video Easel". It was changed for the general release ( well I had thought so ) but this is a finished copy of the game with what looks like a regular production label of the announcement title when they talked about the game before it was released.  When they changed the name to Video Easel is beyond me now. I have never seen one of these online or in person in my 19 yrs of collecting atari 8 bit carts so who knows..

Missile Command Prototype for the Atari 2600

Start Screen for the Pilot cart I expected to be a finished 1980 copyrighted program with Ready prompt.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:30:58 AM by A8scooter » Logged

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length