RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:18:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Connecting SNES to HD TV 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Connecting SNES to HD TV  (Read 2039 times)
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:08:46 PM »

Hey guys, I need some advice and I figure someone here will be in the know.

I have a friend who wants to hook his SNES up to his new HDTV. The TV only has HDMI inputs so he is pretty limited here. I'm assuming there must be some RCA to HDMI converter, but I'm not sure how to find it, and haven't had much luck with Googling it. Also, there is the lag issue, and I know there is a device that can reduce or eliminate the lag, but I'm once again not sure about that, what is is called, which would be the best option etc.

So, I have two goals

1) Best option for RCA to HDMI conversion
2) Best option for reducing lag with that connection

I will appreciate any advice for the guy. And no, he doesn't want to get an old CRT TV unfortunately. Thanks for your help guys!

Running out of games to buy.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 03:22:15 PM »

Check out:

https://www.youtube.com/user/mylifeingaming

Specifically:

and

http://www.retrorgb.com/

The product you are thinking of is the Framemeister and will provide the most lag free experience but it is not cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/DP3...aler-Import/dp/B006H39XJS

The component cables from HD Retro Vision should be out soon but they only on specific unmodified SNES models and are non HD. You would still need an upscaler/converter:

http://www.hdretrovision.com/snes/

Honestly unless you are willing to go down the rabbit hole of upscaler (framemeister + RGB) I would recommend your friend just buys are Retron 5.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:35:51 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:36 PM »

Yes, Frameister was the thing I was thinking of. I can't believe they are so expensive!!

Thanks for your advice, Addicted.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »

Raspberry Pi emulation machines are easy to use and look beautiful in HD. They're even cheaper now, with the release of the newest model that has both built-in WiFi and Bluetooth.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 02:24:46 PM »

That's a good idea. Thanks guys!

sydpinkfloyd
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »

So glad that someone asked about this. I plan on doing something similar this weekend, so this is a great help!
RetroCare
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 11:46:14 AM »

keep in mind that HDTV's have a gaming option (most of them) to reduce input lag, usually all the filters and scalers and such cache the picture and show it a bunch of miliseconds later and with gaming option on it will disable all enhancements to give the quickest picture
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length