RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:35:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Birthday Blowout Contest! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Birthday Blowout Contest!  (Read 4742 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: June 08, 2005, 12:40:07 PM »

Forget Xbox 360.  The PlayStation 3 has already bit the dust.  Revolution better change its tune.

VIRTUAL REALITY GAMING IS HERE!

RF Generation is proud to introduce the TIGER R-ZONE!  Welcome to the reality zone, where myth meets legend, and dreams are made whole - the new era of gaming and the true revolution of the twenty-first century is here!  One year in the making, RF Generation has come full circle, constantly bringing you the best information in classic and modern games, while also supplying the most sophisticated free collection-tracking tools in the universe!  Today, on this first anniversary of the site that always has it on channel 3, you can do away with televisions for good and forget about every game you ever played before!  The site that brought you exclusive information about the Nazca lines of Peru, scans of Captain Power games, and even exciting information about the Sega Pico now gives you a chance to WIN an R-ZONE!

WIN COOL PRIZES!  BE THE ENVY OF YOUR FRIENDS!  MAKE FUN OF THE WEBMASTER!  HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!*

Starting today, June 8th, 2005, the first contest at RF Generation is officially open.  Should you win, you will be the lucky owner of an R-Zone headgear set, several R-Zone games (to be announced), an official RF Generation baseball cap, and a one year subscription to the gaming magazine of your choice.**

To enter the contest, you must take the photo of yours truly that you see below and edit it however you see fit.  You can make fun of me, make it into an R-Zone ad, bring other elements of gaming into the photo, just scribble with MS Paint, cut and paste me into another photo, add word bubbles, or anything else I haven't mentioned here.  USE YOUR IMAGINATION.  Text, drawings, photos, scans, etc. are all fair game.  Anything is.  The more creative you are, the better.

Don't think you're good with a photo editor?  We don't care!  Print the image out, draw on it, and re-scan it.  HATE my ugly mugg?  Take your own photograph to show us what the reality zone is really, really about for real.  Or, draw your own picture, scan your magazine ad from 1975, or just write me a love letter.  So long as your final product is an image file and video games are brought in the mix, we probably won't care.

Your entry can be funny, serious, heartbreaking, or if you are heartless and soulless like me, it can be completely devoid of emotion.  Just be creative and have FUN.  Besides, there's FREE STUFF.

Final entries should be e-mailed as an attachment to contests@rfgeneration.com by June 29th, 2005, at 12:00 AM EASTERN STANDARD.  That means the night of the 28th.  You'll have to do conversions to your time zone on your own.  Be sure to include your board username and a title for your entry in your e-mail. You may enter as many times as you like.  You may also post your entries AS ATTACHMENTS in this thread.  Again, post a title for each entry.  In order to be considered for the contest, your entry must be either A.) e-mailed to contests@rfgeneration.com or B.) posted in this thread as an attachment.  Images hosted on other sites will not be considered.  Staff and user submissions are both acceptable, but staff members are not elligible to win.  It'll just be more fun if we get more entries.

On June 29th or 30th, the staff will privately select five finalists.  We will then open a public poll on the boards containing each of the five finalist images, along with corresponding usernames and titles.  You, the members of the board, and us, the staff of RF Generation, will then vote on a winner.  After one week, the person who receives the most votes will be declared the winner and arrangements for the prize will be made.***

A contest archive page will later be set up and all entries will be saved there permanently, including any entries not posted at the boards that are e-mailed to the contest e-mail address.  Names and titles will be posted here.

You MUST be a registered user to enter in the contest.  Tell your friends to register, because they can WIN AN R-ZONE, for Christ's sake, and all it takes is a little bit of creativity and a photo editor.  That's pretty darn cool, if you ask me, and clearly I know what cool is.  Just look at me in that picture.

IT BEGINS NOW!

http://www.rfgeneration.c...tach/contest_original.jpg

*Cake not supplied by RF Generation, though its staff and contributers will help you eat it.
**This offer stands for U.S. and Canadian entries only.  Worldwide entries are welcome, and should a worldwide entry win, he or she will receive a prize, though this may be slightly different than described above.
***In the unlikely event of a tie, a Peruvian friend of the webmaster's will cast the deciding vote.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 07:15:28 PM »

The first submission is in, and I assure you - it is of great quality.  It was e-mailed to contests@rfgeneration.com, so you will have to wait until the end of the open period to see it.

If anyone has any submissions, comments, questions, or anything else they want to discuss about this or future contests, please feel free to post here.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 06:06:01 PM »

Here's my submission, this is my first stab with photo editing, so I hope it is of Good Standards.

Title: Mature Ads Hit the R-Zone

Hello World.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 01:35:40 PM »

I am obviously not eligible to win, but I figured I'd do a few of these.  More will probably follow.

This one took me all of about thirty seconds.  I guess you can probably tell.

Title: Destroyer of Worlds  (HA)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 01:39:52 PM by admin » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 01:38:50 PM »

This one is much better than the last.  It's for all of you horrible U of M fans out there.

Oh! Come let's sing Ohio's praise,
And songs to Alma Mater raise;
While our hearts rebounding thrill,
With joy which death alone can still.
Summer's heat and Winter's cold,
The season pass, the years will roll;
Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship -- O-hi-o.

Title: Secret Weapon

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 02:40:04 PM »

Which photo editors do you guys use?  I'm trying to merge pics with photoshop cs2, and it doesn't seem to like me Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 03:33:42 PM »

I am about to try my hand at photo editing in paint.
Tongue

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 04:06:07 PM »

I am using Photoshop CS, and I imagine that TraderJake used the same thing.  I know Eddie has a free photo editor he may be able to supply a link for for anyone who doesn't have another photo editor.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 04:28:09 PM »

Title: The Secret Revealed

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 04:43:04 PM »

Lemme give this a shot. My 5 minute entry.
(Unfortunately, only people who have been to my house will understand.)

Original
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 04:46:44 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 05:57:01 PM »

Haha, nice one Jay.  Yeah, you'd have to have been over your house to know of the "face rock".

For any of you who can't afford photoshop, here's an off-brand watered down version of it called fotocanvas.  It's a pretty good program and can do most of the stuff photoshop can do.  It has a free 30-day trial.

http://www.shareup.com/AC...Canvas-download-4715.html

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 06:00:20 PM »

My first attempt ever at photo editing Wink  

Titled:

BE THERE or BE SQUARE - Tiger World Championships 1996!

ian robert angus conwell
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 09:32:12 PM »

Mmmmmyes gentlemen, very nice indeed. I may just have to add a pic of my own, as offered by the venerable mikey c himself. See you cats on the flipside...
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 10:10:08 PM »

I'm not eligible to win either, but I thought it'd be fun.  

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 04:59:25 AM »

I still need to save it in jpg or png but here is my entry
http://www.freewebs.com/i...t101/contest_original.bmp
It is huge just over 1 mb so i def need to save in another format.

Hmm this doesn't want to load....
Hopefully it ends up working. I don't have a copy backed up.
Stupid school computers >_<

I waited like 15 minutes and then checked back and it had loaded.
That pic is WAY to huge.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 05:20:43 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length